5.0 out of 5 stars Just another brilliant offering
My copy of Eliza's first album is one I overplayed a lot, the kind of album I put on when I needed to smile and hear a sweet voice. So when Big When I Was Little came out, I counted down the days until her second album would be out.

Published 10 months ago by M. Cox

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed
Published 10 months ago by Mr. David Errington

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Just another brilliant offering, 22 Oct 2013
M. Cox "Just Me" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Your Hands (Audio CD)

So here it is, the collection of songs I have waited for. Granted, this is a little different from her first album, but its not a massive change. There is still great songs, fun lyrics and foot tapping beats, all this fused together with her sweet voice. I was a bit shocked to hear Miss Doolittle came back with a little potty mouth on some tracks, but its not over done and fits well with the songs theme - and haven't we all listened to songs with lyric warnings on? Eliza is just older now, and this shows in the maturity of this fantastic album.

If you want music from a rising star who isn't bothered about fitting into the current market of music out there, then this is one for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best!, 14 Oct 2013
J. Aquino (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Your Hands (Audio CD)
Best follow up album by Eliza Doolittle! Happy tunes that puts a smile on your face :)Definitely worth the wait.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed, 22 Oct 2013
Mr. David Errington (Morpeth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Your Hands (Audio CD)
I loved the first album, and could not wait for the second offering. I gets off to an iffy start for me. Whilst Eliza's voice is great 'Waste of Time' and 'Backpacking' are mediocre in my opinion. It gets worse with 'Hush'. It had the makings of a really good song, but what sounds like a 3 year old child keeps pressing the same key on an electric organ all the way through. It is irritating, and ruins this for me.Track 4, 'Let It Rain' is excellent. It's just as well Eliza is not a weather forecaster as this a ray of sunshine on this album. 'No Man Can' was not what I expected from the title, but is a very good song. Track 6, 'Walking On Water' is not one I like, it's too repetitive, and I hit the snooze button with the mention of Jesus. 'In Your Hands' took me a lot of plays to decide on. Eventually, I do like the song, but am not convinced it should have been sung in such a high key. 'Checkmate' is one of my favourite songs on the album. 'Team Player', 'Make Up Sex' and 'Euston Road' are all fine. 'Big When I Was Little' is a song which would have stood proudly alongside the songs on Eliza's first album. Track 11, 'Don't Call It Love' is the worst song I have heard from Eliza Doolittle by a million miles. It just sounds like someone singing in the shower. One comment I would make to those giving very bad scores, is give it a chance. I hated the album, except for three songs, when I first played it. Gradually, others grew on me. I look forward to album three, hopefully we won't have to wait 3 years this time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glorious second from Eliza, 14 Oct 2013
Richard A. Mccook "Dr Van Scaredstiff" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Your Hands (Audio CD)
I love her first album which is filled with quirky / catchy tunes (slightly reminiscent of Lily Allen) and have been waiting impatiently for this release. The single "Big When I Was Little" is more representative of that first album. This second album seems to be more mature while retaining strong melodic tunes. Highlights include "Hush", "In Your Hands", "Checkmate", "Team Player", "Make Up Sex" and "Let It Rain". A really great album from the best young female artist around at the moment. Wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like all the tracks on this album, 2 July 2014
J. A. Johnson - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Your Hands (Audio CD)
Arrived on time. Really like all the tracks on this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazbols, 16 May 2014
This review is from: In Your Hands (Audio CD)
i loved this product and there are some songs that i did not know so that was a bonus !

4.0 out of 5 stars New direction for Eliza, 25 Feb 2014
On the first listen I was not impressed at its a steer away from the playful first album but on continued listening I found a well contrasted and lyrically interesting album. 'I wish I was Jesus so I could run across the ocean' is a fantastic lyric and there are other more profound insights to human nature throughout the album.

Its different and well worst a listen, added the price drop from release, a must buy

4.0 out of 5 stars great singer, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: In Your Hands (Audio CD)
Eliza is a amazing singer and this album is great with the songs let it rain and walking on water included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album., 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: In Your Hands (Audio CD)
A more mature album from Eliza Doolittle. Catchy songs - I like them all, some more than others. Delivery was speedy and CD undamaged as I expected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Jan 2014
Love love love this album. It got such a good range of up tempo and slow jams. Love Eliza last album but think this one tops it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

In Your Hands
In Your Hands by Eliza Doolittle (Audio CD - 2013)