5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic debut!
Loved Royals on Jools Holland, so this prompted me to buy the album. Didn't regret it. This girl will go far!
Published 10 days ago by Karen O'Brien

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as I thought.
Having said that this is an album that is really easy to listen to. Is it a future classic? I would say no, the sound is too similar.
Published 17 days ago by trisha

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly impressed, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
Im one of those annoying people that snub pop music outright in favour of really challanging music with no emotion or lyrics. Which is why I was so blown away when I bought this for my wife and then promptly stole it back. Fantastic minimal arrangements and perfect melodies. Hope she doesnt go to big and blow it all before album 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic debut!, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Proof that the music industry isn't all terrible nowdays, 5 Nov 2013
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
Seriously. She's that good. Just listen to the samples. I first heard Lorde a while back, and thought she'd just be another one of those artists that I love and nobody else really knows about. Bought her EP, Royals, and loved it to death. But then to my joy, she started showing up on TV and things, getting mainstream recognition and generally becoming super popular, and it's so well-deserved! People really need to support these kinds of artists - show the industry that people care more about talent and good music than 'image'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure, brilliant [and moody] from start to finish. Get it!, 18 Dec 2013
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
Did you know that Ella Yelich-O'Connor (let's call her simply Lorde) created and produced this album, "Pure Heroine" almost by herself, at the tender age of 16, and what she created feels really organic, living (and swimming in its own melancholia) and pure (yes, I almost refer to the title). Not to sound like a proud relative praising a precocious teen, I must underline that I did not really care how old she was, I was (and still am) juts enjoying the album - simple as that!

Okay, Lorde sounds a bit like Lana Del Rey, but does not Miley Cyrus sound like Taylor Swift, and Christina Aguilera like Britney Spears and vice versa. I do not mind the comparison and similarities, what the heck, bring them on, if the result will be so hypnotising and despondent (in the best possible uplifting way) and full of low murmur and gentle laughs and delights and intelligence.

Seriously, the more I listen to "Pure Heroine", the more I like it, it is definitely a grower. Just an example: while it is playing in the background, some songs will always bring my attention to them, no matter what I am doing. Which I think pretty much equals to the fact that there is more to the album than musings of some "bored" (as NME called her) teenager, yes, some of the songs are much catchier than the others, but I've listened to so many albums which, when played in the background, forever stayed there.

This is a beautiful, atmospheric if not a bit moody and impressive debut which has an almost magical feel to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great music, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Pure Heroine (MP3 Download)
I heard 'ROYALS' on the radio loads of times, but the DJ never seemed to say who it was by and the name of the track. Finally caught it late one night, went straight to Amazon, listened to the 30second tasters from the album and thought this is good. Bought the album as a download at once. GREAT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb debut, 21 April 2014
This review is from: Pure Heroine [VINYL] (Vinyl)
The richness of this New Zealande's voice in amazing, similar to Rumer, yet she is only 16. Good pressing on heavyweight vinyl.

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
after all the fuss I bought this album but it's not my taste in music. She is obviously very talented and I can see why she is where she is, just doesn't do 'it' for me

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 16 April 2014
This review is from: Pure Heroine (MP3 Download)
I would recommend to any age, I really liked the whole album. Wouldn't change a thing. Quite a good price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
Quite simply awesome, the whole album is a revelation of well thought out and constructed material, a joy to listen to

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Pure Heroine (Audio CD)
wasnt sure what to expect from this but glad i bought it,a intelligent slab of cool electronica pop not a bad track on it.

ARRAY(0xa6b55864)

Pure Heroine
Pure Heroine by Lorde (Audio CD - 2013)