TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 September 2013
This is book 7 in one of my favourite series. Sienna Nealon the meta-hybrid with a fistful of attitude and the strength of multiple hulks is back.
For new readers I would suggest Alone: The Girl in the Box, Book 1 so you can get a better idea of how, why, when and who.

I can remember saying something along the lines of this is the quiet before the storm about book six, well this book is the storm. It is the tornado called Sienna Nealon and she is crying out for vengeance and weeping tears of blood.
Just not her blood.
Does that sound too excited? Mayhap, but the main character shows a side to herself that even she didn't know existed. Since book one we have watched her fight internal conflicts with her humanity and now that side of her seems to be losing the battle.
Wolfe still seems to be the unknown variable in the equation. He is often X or Y and sometimes both at the same time. Is he the driving force or is this ipso facto a part of her character or genetics that the Old Ones (you know them Gods and such like) know exist inside her and yet she is completely unaware of it all?
Sienna ends up in merry old England and meets a quirky irish chap with a penchant for luck and witty quips. Despite her personal grievance she is forced to deal with the ultimate threat. A threat that may force a coalition of enemies.
People and popular characters drop like flies being executed by a huge meta flyswat.
So now let's get down to the real nitty gritty.
There is a secret.
Ok to be fair the fact that Old Man Winter has been keeping info to himself has been evident for a long time. That secret has something to do with who or what Sienna really is.
My inner Sherlock thought I had solved it there for a moment, but then I realised that Crane was smarter.
No worries, I shall figure it out, just you wait.
Overall it was a cracking read and one of those books you just can't put down until you have eagerly gobbled up the last page and clicked/swiped/looked for just one page more.
I received a copy of this book courtesy of the author.
on 17 August 2013
The more and more I read of this story the better it truly gets! There's so much action and some comical one liners / moments. I mean seriously how do you shoot someone in the head by mistake? That had me giggling for a while. I have a sick sense of humour. This book is just as fantastic as the others, not as shocking and heart breaking as the one were Zack died but amazing none the less. If you haven't read any of the other books you'd want to and need to read them first to get the idea of what's going on. I can't wait for the next book. These books are like the highlight of my year, I live a rather dole life lol!! Thanks Robert for another amazing book and for making my life seem pretty amazing when I compare it the S's life :)
on 26 September 2014
Obviously I don't want to spoil any of story by going into any details. My reviews of the previous six books have been of the same variety. If you like sci-fi, fantasy things like that you will love this book and author. There is no way you won't be buying the next book's in the series. They are amazing, well planned out and highly recommended and addictive. This Is the second time I have read the series up to book 8 as I have been waiting for 9 & 10 to be released. Just book 8 to 're-read to remember things I had forgot and then it's onto the new books. Also I have seen an 11th book which is available for pre-order so that is definitely a bonus
on 29 June 2014
What I cannot decide is whether teenaged girls would like it.

To me the writing seems stilted, the plot unoriginal, and the characters - especially the heroine - thoroughly unpleasant. To be fair, this might not be her fault: but - arguably because of the way she has been brought up - she's a mess. But this is the view of a elderly male who has never watched Buffy slay vampires and all the other products filling our cinema and TV screens: were I more informed I would probably call this formulaic.
Having said which I'll probably buy the last book in the sequence when it comes out just to satisfy my curiosity
on 15 August 2014
Wow! Just can't put these books down. The more I read the more I want to read. I've read 7 book's of The girl in the Box in such a short time, I'll be introducing myself to my husband soon!! Every chance I've got my head is absorbed with Sienna. To be captured like this is as if I'm there with her every step of the way. Can't wait to down load book 8. Thank you Amazon for suggesting these books to me. Thank you Robert Crane for writing them and having such an amazing imagination. I don't normally write reviews, but I felt in this case I should.
Yours gratefully Dianne
on 11 September 2013
I couldn't wait to start to read The Girl In The Box (seven) I have found all the books so exciting that I couldn't stop reading till I had finished 4a.m. The book was fast paced but understandable The plot was unexpected ,exciting (a little brutal but with taste not just for the sake of it)This is a different genre to my usual reading but I am hooked on Robert's story telling. It is believable, scary, thrilling and makes you keep turning pages (or clicking on your Kindle ). I really feel for the character and can get inside her head (along with several others )
on 28 December 2015
This book is slow going....hard going even. I LOVE books 1- 5 in this series, but this is different. I just kept going in the hopes it would get better....it did - three quarters of the way into it! The introduction of so many new characters, histories & groups seems in large part unecessary & confusing. Really not great overall, got better, will carry on with the series & hope it is as good as the first 5, though not sure with the new direction this book has taken. A disappointing read, but obviously a must if you are a fan of the series
on 16 August 2013
Another instalment of the epic Sienna story. The length of this one more than makes up for the shortness of the last, so I hope this will stop people complaining a little.
Sienna ends up in London, and as usual, things don't go to any kind of plan! She makes some mistakes, gets into and out of trouble, makes a few friends and more enemies, and a couple of old faces reappear. The tension builds all the way through, and although some things are resolved in the end there are plenty of loose ends to carry through to Book 8.
Can't wait for it!
on 14 December 2015
Sienna in London....taken there to help Omega with the promise they will tell her where to find old man Winter after 3 months ...surprise surprise...she soon goes on a killing spree...the 1st kill is the new boss of Omega...then she runs...spending most of her time killing and being reunited with her brother Reed...a much longer book than 6 with the promise that 8 will be even longer...excellent author...the end sees Sienna back in the US arrested for the killing she did prior to leaving...can't wait to download book 8 ....
on 12 April 2014
Skimmed a lot of this book as I didn't find the Gods and defendants the slightest bit interesting. It might be longer but was certainly not better