5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome! Read 100's of similar books and this one is 5*
Brilliant read, has all you would want from a good book. The characters and drama are spot on and it is all believable.
The emotions, laughs, tears, sex, violence are all well researched and have been put together brilliantly.

Published 21 months ago by Mrs. F. Richardson

1.0 out of 5 stars Yawn!
Got 75% in and had to give up - the 'will they, won't they' scenario just got boring and when they finally got it together I was bored to death of the characters!
Published 14 months ago by Shelbert

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome! Read 100's of similar books and this one is 5*, 31 Jan 2013
Mrs. F. Richardson "FKR" (Midlands- UK) - See all my reviews

It is not another frustrating book where the book reads the same but the title and author is different, you will not find an innocent virgin willing to submit to a rich handsome mogul but you will find real emotion and drama and like me you will be rooting for team Gavin Blake :)

I would say this is similar to : Accidently On Purpose, Chance Encounters and Thoughtless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing....... left me breathless, 1 Feb 2013
OMG...... one word can only describe this book... Outstanding. I still have goosebumps from reading this book. It was with out a doubt in my top 10 best books. I need the 2nd book Asap!

Stop looking and start reading you won't be disappointed.
5 stars just isn't enough. Well done Gail McHugh. I'm busted.lol ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars refreshingly good read, 29 Jan 2013
This book was so frustrating!!!! I wanted to scream and smash my tablet on the wall most of the times!!! that's what makes a book stand out though.. I loved how messed up the characters were, and i loved how messed up their choices were.. messed up plot equals great read! I could be overreacting, but it's still a great and interesting book that I totally recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 25 Jan 2013
I loved this book, if you are a fan of the Thoughtless series by S C Stephens, then you will love this. Read it..

4.0 out of 5 stars ♥♥♥ 4.5 stars for a great read ♥♥♥, 6 Feb 2013
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I REALLY wanted to go with 5 stars but I had that unmistakable finger itch that just wouldn't let me hit the fifth star. Why? As much I as was engrossed in this story I got a smidgeon cross it got drawn out. And yep the ruddy cliffhanger - Argghhhh that's the last two books having cliffhangers - I friggin HATE cliffhangers - but then actually I admit in defeat that no I kinda like them coz they've grabbed me and I know I am going to have to read the next book, so kudos to the authors that manage to pull them off. Just wish authors released them quicker than six months or longer apart, that is pita for sure.

So anyway this is the first book in probably a year that I've read written in the 3rd person narrative, it took me a couple of pages to settle into the 'she' instead of 'I' but I have to say that oh boy does Gail write with engaging prose. Soon I wasn't aware of the 'she' and 'he' I was just living the moments with them. Very engagingly written.

She grabs you into the characters, I couldn't work out if I hated Dillon or liked him, was he cheating behind her back, yeah we were peppered with sprinklings of ideas of infidelity but actually we had no proof. Was his late meetings actual meetings or were they rendezvous' with Monica or some other woman? I hated Dillon and his attitude though by god did I want to punch his lights out a few times!

I totally loved Gavin, can't say I warmed to his name as I know a few Gavins and they don't have smexy eyes or six pack abs lol but hey I was enjoying going along with my own make believe Gavin. I did love his sirname though.

Emily, I actually wanted to kick her up the Jacksie a few times too but then I totally got that she was actually dominated by Dillon and the emotional link to her mother, still it kept me frustrated though.

I saw the episode coming Gavin and his ex, and felt slightly disappointed it was such a cliche moment and the aftermath it would cause, but hey here's hoping it's all adding to the tension coming in book 2.

Again I would ask this author to complete this in book 2 and not string it out 3, I don't want book two to be a filler, I want it to be a killer and satisfy the audience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book so far of 2013, 24 Jan 2013
I loved this book cannot wait till 2nd one it cant come soon enough i highly recommend this book you will want to scream its very addictive love love loved it

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 21 Jan 2013
This book was fantastic. It took me on such a rollercoster of emotions that I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend reading this NOW! I can't wait for book 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 21 Jan 2013
Louise Smithers (Uk) - See all my reviews
What a rollercoaster! Totally love Gavin, and super excited for the next book Pulse... Great book from a great writer, one of my favs from this year so far... :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful love story!, 15 Oct 2014
This review is from: Collide (Paperback)
There are times when a bookaholic has to give herself a slap on the wrist and scold herself repeatedly, saying “Why did you wait?!” and yes, I am referring to myself. Because when “Collide” was first published back in 2013, I was not a book blogger or even a reviewer yet, and I remember that even though I read plenty of reviews of it, I had a tendency to focus on only the negative ones. Stupid of me, right? At the time, I was unaware of the workings of the indie publishing industry, so I did not fully understand, or even know, the importance of reviews. Since then, though, I have become so much wiser – age and knowledge will do that to a girl – so I started looking through my list of unread books. And “Collide” immediately caught my attention.

To me, this is a story about the struggle between the head and the heart: do you follow through with what you think you should do, or do you have the courage to do what you want to do? For some people, such as Emily Cooper, our heroine, this is a real struggle and not an easy one to overcome, and I immediately connected with her because of this.

Emily moves to New York to be with her boyfriend, Dillon, and she is suffering from grief and heartache after having lost her mother to cancer. Needless to say, she is in a vulnerable state of mind, and she is not exactly in the best of positions to make any life altering decisions. Which is why she does not trust her feelings when she meets Gavin Blake at the restaurant where she works. Even though she feels a strong, physical attraction to this very enigmatic man, she reminds herself of her boyfriend who has been nothing but sweet and kind to her during the last year when she watched her mother succumb to that malicious disease, and she demands herself to stop thinking about Gavin.

But how is Emily supposed to do that when she realises that Dillon and Gavin are friends and that she is bound to spend significant time with Gavin on a regular basis?

I really love Emily: the way she handles her recent loss, her feelings of confusion about her connection with Gavin, and her strong sense of loyalty towards Dillon – even when he starts behaving in a less than a loving manner – make her a very believable character. In my opinion, you have to commend her for trying everything possible to make things work with Dillon, and that speaks very highly of her character. In the end, though, she has to realise that the heart wants what the heart wants, and that even when certain decisions are frightening to make, she learns that she has to stop listening to what her head is telling her to do. And that is not exactly an easy feat to accomplish.

Now onto Gavin: well, he holds a very high place on my favourite BBFs ever! He has a strong sense of right and wrong, he is incredibly sensitive and only looking for what we all are: that special someone who, although not perfect, makes your world become a better place to be in. The fact that he does not know how to deal with his feelings toward Emily when he knows that they are wrong – because she is not free to belong to him – is why I love him so much. He is just such a genuine, real man! Because of his position in society, he does not trust easily, but once he lets a person into his heart…? He does not hold back. And there is something so incredibly sweet about that…At least, that is how I feel.

I want to make something very clear here: I do not condone faithlessness in any way, but I do believe that not everything can be set up to be only black and white. There are grey areas that all are a contributing factor as to how and why you end up behaving in a certain way. And that is why I feel that “Collide” is such a realistic story: humans are flawed. We are not perfect, we make mistakes, and life is messy and hurtful at times.

I want to finish my review by applauding Miss McHugh on her writing style: it is amazing! It did take me a couple of chapters to get into the third-person-narration, but once I got used to it, I came to love the author’s storytelling. Furthermore, the fact that we not only get to experience this love story through Emily’s eyes but from Gavin’s as well is what makes it a personal favourite of mine. Last, the pace of the story is perfect, and all the secondary characters are well-rounded and interesting individuals that I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know.

There is a massive cliffhanger in the end, but that does not really matter to me: because the second book, “Pulse”, is also out, and I cannot wait to experience the further journey of Emily and Gavin.

Miss McHugh: thank you for creating such a fantastic love story! This bookaholic’s romantic heart has been more than satisfied, so far, and I am really looking forward to reading your future work.

***Complimentary copy provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

4.0 out of 5 stars Intense and steamy, 13 Aug 2014
After reading really good reviews about this book, I decided to get it a while ago and I have finally got around to read it. Collide tells the story of Emily, a girl who has just lost her mother to cancer and feels that she is still alive only thanks to her loving boyfriend, Dillon. So she decides to move to New York to be with him. She moves in with her friend Olivia though because she is not ready to have such a serious realtionship with Dillon. But he is more than ready and keeps bringing up mariage.

Then Gavin appears and his attraction to Emily is electrifying. He has found the one and he is going to get her no matter what. Even when fate plays one of his games and she turns out to be the girlfriend of one of his dearest friends, he is not going to stop until he gets her.

On first impression, Emily is a strong woman in love with a nice guy and Gavin is kind of a womaniser who just wants a new toy but as the story unfolds we learn that first impressions are not always true. Dillon is a beast, an arrogant lier who controls Emily with lies and insecurities and the memory of her mother. Emily is weaker that we first thought and quite vulnerable. And well, Gavin is the knight in shinning armour. Will the good win? Well we don't know because the book is left with a cliff hanger and you just want to go to amazon and get the second book instantly!

I really enjoyed the game between Emily and Gavin during the book. You discover little by little that he is a good guy and that he really cares about her. They make each other laugh and feel good, and you enjoy every interaction they have. As for Dillon... you'll hate him and you'll wonder why she cannot see his true self. It's actually quite frustating and there's always something between Emily and Gavin. Why can they just see what's in front of them and live happily ever after? I guess that life is not that easy and a love so intense must be epic, otherwise why would we read the book?