on 5 December 2013
I purchased this Nexus (2013) Black 2 case for my new Nexus 7. Let me sum it up overall firstly: well worth the money, offering good protection.

Design: 4/5
The product is well designed and has cutouts in all the necessary places. The leather finish is very classy and the stand works pretty well. The lower angle/"flat" stand works better than the upright stand as it is more sturdy and easier to set up. I felt as though you kind of need to push the device onto the surface to its proper place when having the device in the higher angle/"upright" stand. However, once you've pushed it down and got it to stand, it won't loosen easily - its just the initial setup (but hey, we cannot complain for this price). To be fair, if they made it easier to stand, some of the padded protection in the case would be lost.

The device does not fit perfectly as such, you have to keep nudging it back to one side to have it fit perfectly since it's nice and tight (every time you close and open the cover, it dislodges a tiny bit basically). Perhaps once the case is more worn in, this may not be an issue... but we'll see.

To get the case to stand on either side, you need to lift up the little flap on the back (see product image) and then wedge the front cover into it. This at first was annoying, and again it may change once the case wears, however as annoying as it may be, once you wedge it, it isn't going to slip out at all - so think of it as a good thing!

The automatic sleep/wake function works a treat for me. Other reviewers have complained that it does not work but I do believe this was a Nexus issue initially and not any case's fault (research it and you'll see). Perhaps Upgrading to Android KitKat resolved the issue with the device - I'm not too sure, but mine currently works as I expect!

Karmor have also been very nice and have listened to us comsumers who have suggested the idea - they've added a stylus holder at the top of the case to hold the stylus provided. This is a one inch wide elastic loop with a ring large enough to comfortably hold the pen without it slipping out. Thanks Karmor for listening to our reviews!

Price: 5/5
This case is one of the cheapest here on Amazon, I got mine for £7.99 and this is well worth the price.

Protection: 5/5
The cover itself is nice and hard and your Nexus definitely feels safe. With the Nexus inside, the case is 1.6cm thick - enough protection I should think. The case also protrudes the device ever so slightly on all edges which gives you that peace of mind that if you do drop it on it's edge, it wont smash to bits. I mean, I would imagine the rigidness of the case would protect it - but please don't take my word for it... I don't plan to drop my device to test this!

Additional notes: As for the wireless charger, this is something which I haven't tested with the case on. The back cover is about 4mm thick so if you intend to purchase a wireless pad, please ensure it provides connectivity to 5mm and above, just to be on the safe side.
Oh and one more thing, the free stylus also works beautifully!

Overall: 5/5
I definitely recommend this case to Nexus users who want to protect their device.

If you want a very easy, floppy and slim case then this is probably not for you but I feel those slimmer cases would NOT protect your device in case of a drop - so choose wisely!

Happy buying :)
on 15 October 2014
I bought one of these for a Lenovo Miix 2 tablet.

The quality is really good. It's not that dissimilar to a Kindle case I bought that cost £50. There's minimal branding on the front of the case and overall it feels like it should cost considerably more than it does.

The tablet fits snugly inside the case. You slide it in, then a section on the left hand side folds underneath the tablet and attaches with Velcro. There's no way that the tablet would ever fall out. There's cut-outs in all of the right places, including for the front and rear cameras and headphone jack, so everything is accessible. There's also slight cut-outs on the left and right sides of the case at the front so that you can do the edge swipes required in Windows 8.1 to bring up things like the charm bar. The front flap of the case can be folded up and used as a stand, plus it stays closed via magnets. The tablet does not turn off when you close the case flap. I'm not sure if it's supposed to, or whether it's a setting I need to enable in Windows. All in all, the design is great.

There's a stylus included with the case and it attaches to it via an elasticated loop at the top. It fits into the loop snugly, so I doubt you'd ever lose it. The stylus itself is not great though. The end of it is basically like a small rubber ball cut in half. It's a little more accurate than using a fingertip, but for drawing, writing, or for smaller touch targets, it would be nicer if it had a finer point.

All in all, I would absolutely rate this 5 stars. It's well made and feels like it should cost more than it does. It's well designed with cut-outs just where you'd want them and a flap that doubles as a stand. Even though the stylus is not fantastic I'm not going to mark it down for that, simply because of the overall price.
on 30 June 2014
Brilliant product, had a quick delivery and was very satisfied with the product. Fits perfectly and all the cut outs are on point. All an all get this case if you have the pad 10 you will not be disappointed.
VINE VOICEon 5 September 2013
Perfectly fine case for the nexus 7 2013, cheap and fits perfectly well and the magnets turn off the screen when closed and turn on the screen when you open it.

Perfect for the price.
on 27 January 2014
This case is obviously designed for the Nexus 7. The holes and cutouts are positioned correctly to enable full use of the tablet whilst still in the case. It's not leather but still looks good quality.
on 18 February 2014
The case came quickly and was good quality. Really like the fact that it turns the screen off when you shut it.. No funny smell so that's another olus.
on 7 March 2014
It's slim and light whilst still providing the stiffness where required. There are also holes for all the lights, buttons, cameras and speakers in all the right places. The magnet for auto-sleeping/waking the tablet when opening/closing it works well too. Propping the stand up for viewing in landscape mode works ok too. However, after flexing the cover a few times it doesn't quite lie flat when closing the table which is a bit of an irritation.

I found the stylus a complete waste of time though - the amount of pressure that needs to be applied to the black, hollow-tipped end of it for the tablet to register it just makes using it very slow and clunky. The elasticated loop for stowing it away is good though - plenty tight enough.

All in all pretty good - and certainly very good value for money if around the £10 mark as it is right now.
on 7 April 2014
This cover has now been in use for one month and still looks brand new. It is slim, neat, well-made and fits the Nexus 7 (2013) well while leaving all ports/switches/camera clear and functioning. The multi-position stand works well and is very useful, as is the stylus which is especially helpful for anyone with large and/or stiff fingers. The magnetic cover with automatic sleep/wake function works fine, and is easier and quicker to use than the on/off switch. This is a good, serviceable cover, though ideally I would prefer one with a slightly padded, softer feel that would be easier to grip and hold. I would also welcome a slim pocket inside the front cover where I could keep a small cleaning cloth for those inevitable finger marks on the screen! This cover is excellent value for money, but I would value a couple of refinements in the design.
on 1 July 2014
Its a nice case, offers good protection and fits snuggly. Two main gripes with it though. The first is that there is not much room at the edges of the screen to perform edge swipes, which is essential in windows 8.1. Secondly, the auto sleep/wake function does not work.
on 12 July 2014
Looks good, feels good and the stylus is a very welcome bonus. Other reviewers have said that closing the cover turns the tablet off but I haven't found that: but that's not a problem for me. Definitely recommended