5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly, dreamily, majestic album!, 15 Dec. 2013
Paul (EXETER, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood/Lines (Audio CD)
The first thing you notice when you listen to this album is the serene majesty of Emily Jane White's voice. Every song exudes a dreamlike quality, full of emotion and despair, but ultimately this is inspiring and uplifting music which at times takes your breath away with its beauty. I don't often leave feedback on albums, but this was so good it motivated me to write this review and hope that it encourages others to seek out this artist. Since listening to this album I have checked out her other albums, and am surprised that she isn't better known as an artist. She is similar to Sophie Hunger, who is another stunning artist that has had little success in the UK. Do yourself a favour and treat yourself to this album, you won't regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Emily Jane White : Blood/Lines....... A wee bit anemic., 7 Aug. 2014
James "I'm a retired security guard. I enjoy ... (MARYPORT, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blood / Lines (MP3 Download)
I now have all four of this lady's albums and I have to say, in all honesty, I consider this latest offering from Ms. White to be the weakest of the four. "Dark Undercoat" was excellent ; "Victorian America" was brilliant and "Ode to Sentience" showed that this lady was here to stay. My advice to any music lover out there is to buy the three above albums before you buy "Blood/Lines" because if you judge Emily Jane White on this album alone you'll be depriving yourself of her best work. Only four stars for this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite albums of all time, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Blood/Lines (Audio CD)
This music is dark, but there's great beauty in the darkness. Give it a few listens, and a very interesting and rewarding journey begins. Enjoy!

Blood/Lines [VINYL]
Blood/Lines [VINYL] by Emily Jane White (Vinyl - 2013)