Published 8 months ago by Top Pete

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery
Yeh it's an ok compilation. As always there are songs that are excellent, some ok and then those you wonder why on earth are they included! Buy hey tha'ts not the sellers fault, the service from the seller was excellent.
Published 3 months ago by shaz29

4.0 out of 5 stars All We Want For Christmas Are All The Hits. But A Major One Has Been Removed, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Christmas [2013] (Audio CD)
Last year the Now Christmas compliation (the one with the red cover) was the best Christmas cd that had ever been produced. Only one major Christmas hit was missing, namely Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You. The good news is that this year it makes it onto the compilation, with Lady Antebellum's version (which was actually rather good) taken off. So far so good.

However, one of the biggest Christmas hits of the past 40 years has been removed from this year's cd. Frankie Goes To Hollywood's classic The Power of Love (included on last year's compilation in its full five and a half minute glory) has been replaced by Gabrielle Aplin's cover version (the one from last year's John Lewis Christmas ad). Although it's a rather sweet version, in the long run it's unlikely to be as enduring as Frankie Goes To Hollywood's original.

Given that there are still two versions of Do They Know It's Christmas included, and a few tracks on cd3 that could be removed without anyone really noticing or caring, this year's compilation should have found space for both Frankie Goes To Hollywood and Gabrielle Aplin's versions, one being on cd1 and the other on cd3. What a shame they haven't done this.

The Now compilers seem to have had a bit of a 'Bah Humbug' moment this time around. Leaving last year's cd alone, and including Mariah Carey would have elevated this year's compilation to being the best Christmas cd ever. However, with the removal of such a key Christmas hit they have actually taken a step backwards. Hence only 4 stars.

So, if you want Mariah Carey on your Christmas cd (but no Frankie Goes To Hollywood) then this year's compilation (with the purple cover) is the one for you. If you prefer to have Frankie Goes To Hollywood (but no Mariah Carey) then go for last year's cd (the one with the red cover). The choice is yours, but you shouldn't have to make one in the first place.

Hopefully Amazon will do the decent thing and keep both this year's and last year's cds at the same price throughout the whole Christmas season, so that buyers can make a straight choice between the two, depending on their preference. They are, after all, the two best Christmas cds out there.

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone. Let's hope the Now team finally manage to get it right in 2014!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Cheer, 30 Nov 2013
I bought this for my girlfriend who loves all things Christmas, and apart from being very beautiful cannot sing.

This helps drown out her version of 'last christmas'.

On a serious note it's a good mix of traditional, popular and good old fashioned Christmas songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 30 Dec 2013
Brilliant album, it has everything on it, old and new, something for everyone, would say you only need this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas album, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Christmas [2013] (Audio CD)
Great for getting into the spirit of Christmas, with lots of old favourites as well as a few new ones. We never had a 'Christmas' CD so this one has enough tracks to cover all tastes.

5.0 out of 5 stars my christmas carol purchase, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Christmas [2013] (Audio CD)
both me & my hubby enjoyed it so much listening & singing along with our favourite Christmas songs at home & as we were driving! it was really great & put us straight into that xmas spirit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Carols, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Christmas [2013] (Audio CD)
I love Christmas music that's why I like this, i would recommed this album it's great, so go buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Traditional, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Christmas [2013] (Audio CD)
It's sad but true we always buy new Christmas cd's as they come out, this also had a free download and covered both angles, great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Christmas [2013] (Audio CD)
I really love this cd,most of it brilliant but I especially like the 2nd disc. It was played non stop in our household in December,really really enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Christmas CD, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Christmas [2013] (Audio CD)
I have been really enjoying this Cd over the Christmas period. I already have a few Christmas CDs, but bought this as it had a few extras that weren't on my others. It was great to have so many good tracks together in one box set. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cd, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Music! Christmas [2013] (Audio CD)
ALWAYS WANTED ALL THE CHRISTMAS SONGS OF OLD NOW I HAVE GREAT!

enjoyed listening to it christmas eve and christmas day value for money

Now That's What I Call Music! Christmas [2013]
Now That's What I Call Music! Christmas [2013] by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2013)