5.0 out of 5 stars 'MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY'
Okay, the same tracks keep coming back on every issue, not a bad thing as many of the great Christmas songs
were recorded some while back, songs such as 'Happy Xmas' (War Is Over) by 'John Lennon' and the Plastic
Ono Band' 'Fairytale of New York' by 'The Pogues ft Kirsty McColl' 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday' by
'Wizzard' 'Merry Christmas...
Published 7 months ago by rbmusicman/and/movie-fan'

3.0 out of 5 stars Rocking Christmas
Ideal background music to get everyone in the mood for Xmas celebrations. I did ,however find CD TWO a little mournful and did not have the happy party music and songs of the other two tracks. With over 60 tracks it has all the popular Xmas tracks with some traditional carols as well.
Published 5 months ago by christine cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars 'MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY', 23 Dec. 2014
rbmusicman/and/movie-fan' (U.K) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Christmas (Audio CD)
'Wizzard' 'Merry Christmas Everybody' by 'Slade' and two versions of the charity number 'Do They Know It's Christmas'
by 'Band Aid' 'Mistletoe and Wine' by 'Cliff' 'Step Into Christmas' by 'Elton John' 'Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree'
by 'Brenda Lee' and 'Lonely This Christmas' from 'Mud' among many, just keep turning up in the charts this time of
year, and why not, they were indeed all 'Christmas - Classics'
One of my personal favourites, released during the 70's was 'Greg Lake's' - 'I Believe In Father Christmas'
This 3-CD Compilation contains nearly all the popular songs from down the years in truth including 'Bing Crosby's' classic
'White Christmas' (wouldn't be right to leave that one out on these Christmas releases in truth)
What is nice as an addition to the 'Pop' tracks such as some i have listed is the inclusion of some of the old favourites such
as the ever popular 'Silent Night' sung on this release by 'Sinead O'Connor' along with 'The Twelve Days Of Christmas'
sung by 'The Spinners' 'Walking In The Air' by 'Aled Jones' and ever popular 'Carol' 'Oh Holy Night' sung by 'Il Divo' along
with so many well thought of and fondly remembered Christmas Songs that many of us know so well.

4.0 out of 5 stars All We Want For Christmas Are All The Hits. But A Major One Has Been Removed, 8 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Christmas (Audio CD)
In 2012 the Now Christmas compliation (the one with the red cover) was the best Christmas cd that had ever been produced. Only one major Christmas hit was missing, namely Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas Is You. The good news is that it makes it onto this revised compilation, with Lady Antebellum's version (which was actually rather good) taken off. So far so good.

However, one of the biggest Christmas hits of the past 40 years has been removed from this one. Frankie Goes To Hollywood's classic The Power of Love (included on the 2012 compilation in its full five and a half minute glory) has been replaced by Gabrielle Aplin's cover version (the one from the 2012 John Lewis Christmas ad). Although it's a rather sweet version, in the long run it's unlikely to be as enduring as Frankie Goes To Hollywood's original.

Given that there are still two versions of Do They Know It's Christmas included, and a few tracks on cd3 that could be removed without anyone really noticing or caring, this compilation should have found space for both Frankie Goes To Hollywood and Gabrielle Aplin's versions, one being on cd1 and the other on cd3. It's a real shame they haven't done this.

The Now compilers seem to have had a bit of a 'bah humbug' moment this time around. Leaving the 2012 cd alone, and including Mariah Carey would have elevated this one to being the best Christmas cd ever. However, with the removal of such a key Christmas hit they have actually taken a step backwards. Hence the 4 stars.

So, if you want Mariah Carey on your Christmas cd (but no Frankie Goes To Hollywood) then this compilation (with the purple cover) is the one for you. If you prefer to have Frankie Goes To Hollywood (but no Mariah Carey) then go for the one with the red cover. The choice is yours, but you really shouldn't have to make one in the first place.

Hopefully Amazon will do the decent thing and keep both cds at the same price throughout the whole Christmas season, so that buyers can make a straight decision between the two, depending on their preference. They are still, after all, the best two Christmas cds out there.

Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone. Let's hope the Now team finally manage to get it right next time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Cheer, 30 Nov. 2013
I bought this for my girlfriend who loves all things Christmas, and apart from being very beautiful cannot sing.

This helps drown out her version of 'last christmas'.

On a serious note it's a good mix of traditional, popular and good old fashioned Christmas songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive Xmas CD Box Set, 25 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Christmas (Audio CD)
My girlfriend (now wife) bought us this on 11/2013. She usually kills Christmas by putting up the Christmas decorations far too early on 01/12/2013 and plays annoying Christmas CDs constantly in the background until the 12th day after Christmas.

However this box set is different. Rather than having a handful of songs on each disc that I liked, I really liked most of the songs and I didn't constantly keep skipping to the next song to find an appropriate song.

It has a wide range of different Christmas songs ranging from traditional classic to the most recent songs spread over 3 CDs; 63 in total. This means that it's more likely to appeal to a wide range of people of all ages and you don't need to buy separate 'Classic' and 'Modern' CDs.

When we played it in our house, my parents house (Christmas day) and her parents house (Boxing day), 15 people in total heard it and the feedback that we had was of a positive nature and it satisfied a wide age group from 12 to 98. Most were aged between 25-30 and 55-70.

When the 12th day of Christmas came I didn't get sick of the CD and could tolerate it well enough to not have to turn the volume down every time my partner turned her back.

I was pleasantly surprised with the product and I was glad that she bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas album, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Christmas (Audio CD)
Great for getting into the spirit of Christmas, with lots of old favourites as well as a few new ones. We never had a 'Christmas' CD so this one has enough tracks to cover all tastes.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, 12 Dec. 2013
This compilation includes most of the good Christmas songs and leaves off the more obscure ones. The best compilation I have bought

5.0 out of 5 stars CHRISTMAS SONGS AT THERE BEST, 14 Jan. 2015
THE OUTCAST (Manchester) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I love Christmas songs, even when I am shopping
and you can hear festive tunes everywhere, it
puts you in a great mood for Christmas and this
album is just the best shame they don't make
many Christmas song's any more, I use to love
the race for Christmas number one.

Only one small negative the box-set
is poorly made, and mostly made of
cardboard so I suggest you keep it away
from young kids, it wont last long.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good Christmas album, 8 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Christmas (Audio CD)
I am reviewing this album even though I bought the red cover last year (the 2012 version - I bought it in Sep b4 the purple version came out). It is a very good collection covering most of the big Christmas songs in the UK over the last 50 or 60 years. no mean feat!

However there are one or two changes I would make. Firstly I would replace the Girls Aloud track with the Gabriella Cilmi track Warm This Winter, which I love. It is played all the time on the Smooth Christmas radio channel.

Also I would take out the Adam Faith song and the Alma Cogan track and replace them with The Carpenters beautiful Merry Christmas Darling and Bobby Helms Jingle Bell Rock, which used to be on the now Christmas compilations (as did Gabriella Cilmi).
I also agree with the reviewer who said Frankie goes to Hollywood's Power of Love needs to be on here. They could have two versions, the Frankie one and the Gabrielle Aplin version.

But overall it is a great compilation. Our family will be playing it again this Christmas. Keep up the good work!

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 30 Dec. 2013
Brilliant album, it has everything on it, old and new, something for everyone, would say you only need this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this 3 CD album, 7 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Now That's What I Call Christmas (Audio CD)
This is a fabulous Christmas album. 3 CDs, each with different types of Christmas tracks. For me they contain all my favourite Christmas songs and more besides. The 3 CDs took a good 3 hours in all and they played throughout Christmas but did not appear to be repetitive. We enjoyed this so much, we bought a copy for friends who also really enjoyed it.

Now That's What I Call Christmas
Now That's What I Call Christmas by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2013)