5.0 out of 5 stars A very moving read !
Published 15 months ago by Gerard Spillane

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure this is worth the money
I like the way she writes but while I was expecting a conclusive book with a psychotherapeutic approach on the subject, I got what appears a (very!) expensive leaflet promoting a relatively narrow scale of natural health options and a certain brand of hypnotherapy cds.
Published 11 months ago by Annika

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Healing The Pain of a Traumatic Birth Experience (Kindle Edition)
I found this very interesting and reassuring after going through an extremely traumatic birth.
Enjoyed. Really Helpful book to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very moving read !, 21 Jan. 2014
I bought this for my wife and we both read it and felt it was very reflective of our first son's birth 10years ago. It would have helped my wife greatly if she had something like this to read then and someone like Nicola to connect with. However, thankfully she had a positive journey since then. A very open and moving story and with many positive suggestions for anyone who has had similar traumatic birth experiences.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and extremely comforting, 12 Dec. 2013
I downloaded this ebook late one night and had to stay up to finish it, it was so well written and really helped me process the emotions from my own traumatic birth.
I don't know that I would recommend reading this shortly after the event but a few months down the line it would be very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars super, 6 Dec. 2013
Loved it! Very similar to my own story! Very informative!! I like also that it wasn't too long as my concentration hasn't been the best!! Well done telling your story and helping me and many others ,I would imagine, feel that it's ok to feel the way you do after a traumatic birth!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hit nail on head... but left me wanting more, 19 Nov. 2013
Much of the birth story and subsequent observations had me nodding my head vigorously. It's a shame it's not longer though - I was finished in an hour. Perhaps I would have got more out of it if I had been able to look at the meditation information etc. Unfortunately the links to other resources don't seem to work on iPad.

One suggestion is to learn about natural birth - I did this before delivery and believe I'm well-informed, but after a so-called 'normal' delivery with minor but scary incidents/interventions, my knowledge doesn't help me with the fear of the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love!, 19 Nov. 2013
I can totally connect with this book. And even 2 and half yrs on from having my little boy I am going to try these techniques. It is good to see the perspective from someone who has been on both sides and can use the tools to support other mum's who have been through a traumatic delivery.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure this is worth the money, 31 May 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting ideas for the healing process, 8 Mar. 2014
I would of liked the book to be longer and give more detail but the ideas given to encourage the healing process were interesting and useful

5.0 out of 5 stars A comforting, reassuring and uplifting read, 16 Aug. 2013
For any mother who is experiencing feelings of loss, guilt or sadness after a traumatic birth experience, this is a must read! Nicola's openness and honesty about her own personal birth experiences (both traumatic and uplifting), paired with her wealth of experience as a practicing psychotherapist, provide a comforting reassurance that your feelings are normal and that you are not alone. She also provides plenty of practical guidelines and suggestions in order to guide you in embarking on your healing journey and to support you along the way. If all mothers were as truthful as Nicola, the well being of women everywhere would be greatly enhanced.