5.0 out of 5 stars Down & Under by Dave Hadfield
This is a great read and very funny in parts. Dave does not dwell too much on the actual World Cup games. Just as well really because England were utter rubbish unfortunately ! The book reminds me a lot of Bill Brysons'Down Under'and is written in a similar style.
Published on 25 Aug 2009 by Mr. D. Beston

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting tale
Dave Hatfield is a well known and respected writer on Rugby League
We followed England last year in Australia in the World Cup and so were interested when he brought out this book
Most of the things he wrote about, we had experienced ourselves along with many other fun and interesting things
As a piece of writing its interesting, but it doesn't even start...
Published on 7 Sep 2009 by G. Strettle

5.0 out of 5 stars Down & Under by Dave Hadfield, 25 Aug 2009
Mr. D. Beston "rugby league mad" (Leeds ,England) - See all my reviews
I attended the World Cup,my first ever trip to Australia, and the book will provide me with great memories.I dont think I will ever forget the worst storm to hit Brisbane in 30 years and this is referred to in the book too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Down and Under, 30 Sep 2009
Brian Wood (Lancaster, UK) - See all my reviews
Highly entertaining. Full of amusing anecdotes, evocative descriptions of locations and perceptive thoughts and insights into the game the author loves. In short,typical Hadfield and a worthy companion to all his other books about Rugby League.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting tale, 7 Sep 2009
G. Strettle "SAINTSGUS" (SOUTHPORT) - See all my reviews
Dave Hatfield is a well known and respected writer on Rugby League
As a piece of writing its interesting, but it doesn't even start to analyse the England World Cup disaster that occurred in 2008 and I think he should have spent some time on this

However, an enjoyable read