5.0 out of 5 stars Travelling light at it's best

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent idea
Published 16 months ago by mary groom

5.0 out of 5 stars Travelling light at it's best, 28 Sep 2010
L. M. Perkins - See all my reviews
Looking for lightwieght but strong bags for a safari holiday in Botswana which involved 9 flights (jumbos, 6 seater planes and helicopter) - these more than met the bill. Allowed us to pack sufficient clothes for a 2 week holiday and yet stay well under the 15k baggage allowance without needing to do washing whilst away. Pleasantly surprised that clothing stayed as 'uncreased' as in more convential bags. Will be using again for long haul, long stays where can be a challenge to stay under weight limits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 'extra' bag, 27 Sep 2011
Mr. Chris Friend "Chris F" (England - UK) - See all my reviews
We bought this bag so that we could pack it in our main suitcase on the outward leg of a journey and then use it as an extra on our return ... we always seem to have more stuff on the way back?!? It packs down pretty small - 40mm x 300mm x 200mm approx. ... and is fairly light - about 500-600g. It has two small outside zip pockets and a shoulder carry handle that detaches and fits in one of those pockets. We recently used the bag for the first time on a trans atlantic flight and it was fairly well loaded with stuff. It shows no signs of damage or wear. We are very pleased with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Idea ever!, 24 April 2010
I was looking for something like this bag for so long! What I wanted was a bag I could check in online when I travel to see my family. Usually I take a lot of things when I visit my family but coming home my bag/case would be empty. This bag is ideal!! It is quite large and I can fill it going over and pay the fee to check it in. On my return journey it is empty so I can fold it and add it to my hand luggage.Ideal for people who only need to take a case/bag on one leg of a journey.

4.0 out of 5 stars Saving valuable weight on luggage allowance, 14 Sep 2011
I was looking for a way to keep within our 18kg luggage allowance and existing suitcases we had were 5kg to start. These were a great solution. I bought two and the rest of our extended family are now looking to follow suit... They fold into the size of a book when you've unpacked as well. Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot of bag in a little package! UPDATE, 11 Aug 2010
Fiona Ford "walking bookworm" (south wales) - See all my reviews
I have been looking for a holdall that was robust yet could be folded down small as we have very little storage in our tiny caravan. I was so pleased with the bag I went and ordered a second straight away. It took a sleeping bag, a pillow and overnight gear (with room to spare)when I had to do a sleepover; this will give you an idea of its capacity. It then folded back into its compact package which will sit nicely at the bottom of the caravan cupboard!The material is thicker than rip stock nylon so should take a lot of wear and tear.
UPDATE. Have had these bags for over 3 years now and they show no signs of wear and tear and look as good as when I first bought them. Still fold back into small "package" very easily. I do not use them every day but when they are used, they are stuffed to the gills. The zips have stood up exceptionally well to the strain, there is no wear on the handles and they deserve 10/10 let alone 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Dec 2011
Ideal for taking presents abroad and not having to check a bag in on way home. I tried it on Ryanair and the large bag folds so small that it went inside the smaller one and still left room for all the clothes.

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent idea, 8 Aug 2013
Good little foldaway that makes life so easy when booking hold luggage on only one journey. It held 20kg of various items (clothes, t bags, books, bottles and jars, all wrapped carefully and well cushioned) and could have taken more. The zip has a habit of coming undone in the middle when fastened if any pressure is applied, so I bought two straps to use with it to hold it together should it pop open in transit. Suits my needs perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we needed, 19 Dec 2011
Great bag to take things one way with Ryanair etc.
Took 15kg out and brought the bag back in our hand luggage.

2.0 out of 5 stars Main Zip broke, 13 Nov 2013
This travel bag is very good size and less weight, I purchase in May and only used once, when i went on holiday in October 2013 and the main zip is broken and now i can't use it.

1.0 out of 5 stars EXTREMELY POOR QUALITY, 2 April 2014
Bought this bag for my husband who travels a lot and often only needs to check in luggage one way. Thought it would be ideal because it would fold up and go in his hand luggage. He put his items in to travel with and tried to zip it up - the zip broke straight away. Paid extra on postage because it was sent to France. All in all a disaster. Would not recommend to anyone.

Skypak 90L Folding Travel Bag (Red)
Skypak 90L Folding Travel Bag (Red) by Skyflite Luggage Ltd