5.0 out of 5 stars reassuringly wealthy

2.0 out of 5 stars Rather shallow
Published 9 months ago by Mr. C. J. O'hanlon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars reassuringly wealthy, 17 Aug 2007
I've always been a bit scared of money, I don't really understand the investment market and I'm never sure which way it is wise to jump - especially at the moment. I've always shied away from books about personal finance as when i read the first page my head starts to spin. But having enjoyed the other Rules books I thought I'd give this one a go and I've found it fantastic. Really helped me understand how the wealthy think and simple things I can do to have more money. There's a lot of common sense in here "Spend less than you earn" but it's the kind of common sense that you need to be reminded to put into practice. So if you want to be wealthier then this book will certainly put you on the right track.

4.0 out of 5 stars Life Improving, 25 Feb 2007
D. M. Lark "Thinker" (Norfolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is designed to train your mind to work in a way that rich & wealthy people do. By re-programming your mind to stick to the rules, your finances will improve, even if you are not looking make loads of cash. It becomes automatic and you are suprised at how much money you are left with at the end of each month without realising you've been doing it. May not turn your life around but you WILL be better off!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Rules book yet?, 5 Feb 2007
Mrs. S. Peeling (Malvern, UK) - See all my reviews
I have read all the "Rules of" books published and they do share some core ideas, as well as a very consistent style. I did however feel that the Rules of Wealth contained lots of new material and would strongly recommend this new member of the dynasty. It is not a classic "get rich quick" text, it is much better than that!

2.0 out of 5 stars Rather shallow, 29 Mar 2014
This book is mildly entertaining but does not really have anything important to say in how to get wealthy. The struggles of self worth and other psychological problems one encounters when trying to increase wealth were obviously never a problem for the author and are not addressed at all. The book is a list of 1 page long statements such as work hard, don't borrow money, etc. There is little that you wouldn't have heard somewhere else in everyday bland conversation.I was disappointed in this book since it had been recommended on jerrold mundis' website who wrote 'earn what you deserve' and which gives the subject matter a much more serious treatment and who is someone who has come from being deep in debt to being wealthy.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Rules of Wealth - Richard Templar, 21 Jan 2007
D. Lloyd-Jones "IoMR" (Isle of Man UK) - See all my reviews
This is no get rich quick book for those looking for an easy fix to their money problems. It is, however, a guide book for those wanting to set of down the right road to massing wealth - and you're never too old to do this it appears. If you follow this book, you will end up richer if you follow all the strategies in the book. Although, it's not going to happen over night, next week or two three months down the line. It's a long term investment.

It's not for lazy people, who want to make it rich quick, so save your money. If your keen and real want to be rich, buy the book, follow Richard's advice and hopefully, you could feature in the UK 100 wealthiest people in several year time. You might even beat me...!!

A very useful guide to putting you on the right track for wealth

5.0 out of 5 stars A book about money i could understand, 11 Sep 2007
Most books about money are impossible to read and hard to understand. This one is different. Entertaining - in fact downright funny in places - and wise it's not really about money at all but about you and your attitude. I love the Rules books and this one is as good as the others i've read.

4.0 out of 5 stars simple rules easy to understand, 20 Dec 2007
Iago Zabibha "iago zabibha" (Worcester United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is for the financial amateurs amongst us. Those who need some basic guidelines on how to get wealthier. Most of this is common sense, but worth following, examining compound interest, patching up financial leaks and not scrimping on that capuccino (you won t make a significant savings and you will just feel miserable).

2.0 out of 5 stars not much can be learned from this., 8 Oct 2013
G. G. Clark - See all my reviews
having already read and enjoyed the 'the rules' for life, thought I would give this ago. I can't say any thing good about this(sorry to the author) just two things really stuck out of any use if you haven't thought of them already. 'offshore banking and compound interest' so go look into both for your investments and don't waste your money on this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars nothing new, 18 Aug 2013
There was nothing particularly helpful or new in this book. I was looking for some good advice but didn't find anything relevant to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 25 July 2013
My son wanted to read this as his friend had one. He had found it very fascinating and helpful and is enjoying reading it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›