on 14 March 2014
Nice product let down due to very poor volume levels whilst playing games. Even tweeking the various levels in the options menu does not improve the volume level. Very disappointed.
22 comments6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 January 2015
A brilliant gaming headset, given 5 star because it has lasted a long time and is very durable and comfortable around the ears compared to others even though it's only one ear.
Very pleased with the mic as it doesn't pick up extra sounds or disturbances and Sound quality is crisp and better than expected.
Overall, Superb for the price!!
on 4 December 2015
I found this comfortable to wear. Audio quality is fine, although the volume through the earpiece is a touch quiet even at max. volume. Worked fine for about 2 months, then the sound from the earpiece started dropping out. Could be brought back for a short time by playing with the volume and/or mute buttons on the in-line control. Clearly this is not very practical when gaming as you need both hands on the controller!! Pity really as, for the money, this was just the job. Not worth the time and hassle in trying to sort an exchange so after about 10 months putting up with it's patchy - it's now off to the great headphone graveyard in the sky... Will avoid this brand in future.
on 12 February 2014
If you are considering buying this headset, then you are, more than likely, on a budget as far as gaming goes. If, like me, you are sitting there thinking a headset for £15? Is it worth it? Then let me reassure you, it is, believe me. The in game sound isn't very loud, but isn't very quiet either which is great for just having a laugh online. The communication or chat capabilities of this headset are outstanding. The chat audio quality is crisp, and people here me fine. In fact, when I upgraded my run of the mill ps4 headset that you get in the box to this one, I immediately was asked by my online friends about getting a new headset. Believe me, it is worth it! Buy the p4c!
on 28 January 2014
I bought this to replace the headset which comes with the PS4 because it was poor quality and found it "tinny" and "quiet". Whilst the sound was better using the P4C it is still quieter than the old PS3 bluetooth headset, and even turned right up I feel my friends have to sometimes shout to be heard. I dislike the angle of the jack (becomes a nuisance whilst gaming sometimes), that and being a girl, if I have soft shiny hair, the headset slips down a lot. Other than that if you're not willing to shell out mega pounds for Steelies or Turtle Beaches, this is probably the best cheapest headset you're going to get.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2016
Had a couple of issues connecting it to the PS4 controller but sorted now, just needed to pull out and re-insert the last segment of the connector as the sound wasn't working correctly.
on 26 May 2015
Great headset I've had nothing but good comments from my friends on PS4 about how clear my voice is, but I've noticed that each time I wear this headset for long periods of time the curve to fit around my head it pushes against my skull and gives me insane headaches after taking them off.. So for that i give four stars.
I've however fixed the issue and bought some sponge and made two new pads and covered them with baby pink felt.
So it can be fixed.
Thank you very much.
It's been around 3 weeks now and they are working just like the day I bought them.
on 21 February 2014
I don't play a lot online, but I got this headset to talk with friends in a group chat session. It is easy to adjust to suit and reasonably comfortable. There aren't many bad points to say about this headset its a good alrounder.
However, it isn't particularly loud and as it is meant to be worn with sound still be produced by the TV, if like me thats loud, it becomes difficult to here those with whom you're talking. It can be adjusted but there isn't much range. The ear cup is slightly big so it doesn't fit snuggly on the ear, although this doesn't bother me.
on 24 July 2015
Brilliant headset, can clearly hear my friend through the ear piece, and she says that my voice is very clear from my mic. The ear piece is very comfortable, and you can wear it the opposite way around if you wanted, as the mic can be freely moved the opposite direction. I decided to buy this one rather than a two piece headset, as I only wanted the player voices through it, and the game play sounds through the TV, however, it is possible for all the sound to come through the one ear piece if you wanted it that way.
on 9 November 2015
The reason why I purchased this was because like all gamers on the ps4 the rubbish headsets that you get with your controller hurt, break and are not very loud. This one by turtlebeach is brilliant it just plugs straight into your controller and sits great on your head, it doesn't hurt at all very comfortable. It also has a volume control on the wire too which is very useful. I like that it has 1 earpiece because you still like me use ur 7.1 surround sound bar and still chat great bit of kit