5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 10 Oct 2010
This book is possibly the best anthology I have ever read! It certainly blows the heads off all other Goddess books out there, regardless of which way you look at it. With this book Sorita d'Este and the other contributors have marked a new generation of mystical and magical thought and practice. One which will hopefully continue to move forward and achieve ever better things with each year that passes.

This book introduces many writers, magicians and witches to the reader. Some of them are well known in their own right, such as Sorita d'Este herself, but also Raven Digitalis, Jade Sol Luna, Vikki Bramshaw and Emily Carding. A few of the others are also published authors or artists, but I had not heard of them previously. The artwork is phenomenal, it covers such a breath of emotional and visionary experience! The essays however is the heartbeat of this book. Each writer contributed something which was personal to them, an experience, a vision or an understanding. This is not something I have ever seen done, apart from in Sorita's previous anthology on Hekate (Hekate Keys to the Crossroads), but this book is far more than that!

The contributors come from all over the world. It seems to me that most of them did not even know each other, but blindly contributed with the faith and knowledge that this was for a greater cause, a desire to create and share their passion for the Goddess Hekate. It is clear to me that Hekate is the Goddess of this time! Never before has she been so diversely seen and worshipped. I love this book because it shows how in their differences, the contributors still share a passion which is unmistakeably for the same Goddess.

The highlights for me was Sorita's timeline (part of the introduction) which shows how Hekate was seen throughout the ages. The essays which really stood out were those by Andrea Salgado-Reys, Connia Silver, Diane Champigny and Dorn Simon-Sinnott. I felt a personal resonance with much of their own words. I found it refreshing to see work by people with a more traditional Craft leaning too, in particular John Canard, Trystn Branwynn and the lovely Shani Oates.

But to be fair, I think I learned something from each and every essay. Its difficult to imagine that anyone out there - whether interested in paganism, wicca, witchcraft, druidry, thelema, ceremonial magic or just good old fashioned mysticism would not feel the same way!

Absolute awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely read on Hekate, 20 July 2010
What a collection of writings on Hekate! I spent my last weekend reading Hekate books, I bought 6 of them including this one here.

I love the illustrations and the book can be bought for the art alone. What I found interesting was how Luciferian Witchcraft was mentioned quite a bit. This was new to me.

I loved Trystn Branwynn on "The Hekatine Strain", I found this to be a powerful read and Andrea Reyes "Following her Moons" was informative as well.

My favorite read comes from Jade Sol Luna, the clip from Hecate II: The Awaking on Hydra was outstanding, the book Hecate II may be my favorite read on Hecate, I would consider the book an actual breakthrough for this goddess.

Tattered Shards by Amber Rose felt very real to my own personal experience and The Heart of Hekate by Catamara Rosarium was inspirational to say the least.

All writings were gems but these stuck out the most to me.

This book should sit on the bookshelf of any lover of the mother!

4.0 out of 5 stars First class publication, 13 May 2013
I have very much enjoyed my initial read of this book; and am looking forward to an in depth study.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book., 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Hekate Her Sacred Fires (Kindle Edition)
I'm really enjoying this compilation book of peoples encounters with and impressions of the great Mother Goddess. Very interesting stuff.

ARRAY(0xafa855bc)