5.0 out of 5 stars Swiss army knife of a Bluetooth Headset!
Bought this to work with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It does not disappoint!

Firstly the device is larger than an average BT headset but you do get a lot in return. The main function for listening to audio wirelessly through the earphones is obvious (and sounds very clear with good bass levels) and the inclusion of FM radio is very welcome and works nicely with...
Published 10 months ago by J. C. Bates

3.0 out of 5 stars well but...
The headset works fine. But it always says that an update is needed but me and all people who uses it are unable to update. I use it with an xperia Z. It has some bugs when you use it for more than 2 hours, you will need to restart. If Sony fix these bugs, the product will be perfect.
Published 10 months ago by Marcos Millan

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars THE Gadget for Bluetooth Connectivity!, 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: Sony SBH52 Smart Bluetooth Wireless Handset with NFC Connectivity - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Arrived (hand delivered on 13th)! Amazon delivery people need to learn how to post a small package through the letter box - hence, 1-day delay in delivery! Amazon Please Note: There is a training issue on this matter - please ask your delivery people to see if the 'small package' CAN go through the wide-letterbox. At least try and don't send me an e-mail that says, words to the affect 'you were not in and we shall deliver tomorrow'. Not acceptable and wast of my time!

However, ...

As for the product, in a word: Excellent! As expected from a Sony product. Connected without any problem (can not understand the issues people are having on the product feedback and getting a lower star rating!). I have used this over 24 hours and tested all the connectivity modes - excellent!

Right price!

Sound and call reception very good, far better than expected, particular with my iPad and viewing/listing to film and music. Will continue to 'test' and report any issues through updated review/feedback on the product sales pages.

1.0 out of 5 stars Connection stability way below expectations, 2 May 2014
This is my third sony bluetooth headset. I've had this headset for approx. 3 months now. When it works, it's OK, but there are some annoying flaws with it. I use it connected to a Samsung Galaxy Note 2.

1) When turning on the device, sometimes it goes directly into pairing mode - even though it was paired when I turned it off.
2) If the device has been on, but has been out of range from my cell phone, it is usually not possible to reconnect the two. I have to restart the device.
3) Sometimes the headset/phone randomly drops the connection even though they are within range. The bluetooth symbol on the phone suggests that they are still connected, but neither calls nor music are directed to the headset. I need to restart the headset.
4) Occasionally the phone pops up with a message to pair the two again - even though I did pair them earlier the same day.

I wrote to sony support back in february about issues 1 and 3, and they acknowledged the issues and said they were working on them, promising me a firmware update in march. Nothing has happened since.

All in all, I'm am not satisfied with this product, and it feels like a huge step backwards from previous sony bluetooth headsets that worked far better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Newer but not better, 3 Mar 2014
EDITED 23 JULY 2014
Following advice from another reviewer (see comments of this review) I replaced it. Well done to the trader who did so quickly and without hassle.

I have to say that the battery life is somewhat improved, so maybe that was a one-off. But this still has connection issues, and with two different tablets and a now-different new phone. The MW300 was definitely a better unit.

There have to be better, more reliable bluetooth headsets out there. This model could easily be the best but as it stands, it's certainly not. Bluetooth devices should not drop connections so frequently, should re-pair automatically, and shouldn't need prompting to pair EACH AND EVERY TIME you turn them on.

ORIGINAL REVIEW
I had (and lost) a Sony Ericsson MW300. That was a great little bluetooth headset and sadly it's no longer available.

The next-best option seemed to be this model, as I want FM radio built-in. However...

The battery life is way down compared to the MW300; the FM reception of this is significantly poorer than the MW300; this constantly refuses to re-pair to my Samsung phone and my LG tablet whereas the MW300 never had any problems; the MW300 could pair to 3 devices - this only pairs to 2.

At least the one big downer from the MW300 has been fixed: that had a capacitive volume control which was way too tricky to work, and in doing so I'd often press the track skip buttons. At least this has decent physical buttons

The notification functions this has - texts, calendars, tweets - are in theory useful but in practice it's difficult to navigate them and I end up reading the first one, and losing the rest.

In summary, it's not bad, it's not as good as it aspires to be, it's not an improvement on the MW300, and it's certainly not worth 55 - but it's probably the best all-round Bluetooth headset available. Which I suppose reflects the state of the market.

The best advice I can offer is: if you have an MW300, don't lose it!

5.0 out of 5 stars great accessory, 19 Jan 2014
Very helpful accessory. It works with two devices. It can warn and show new SMS and e-mail messages, calendar reminders, play music off the connected device, even RSS feeds. A great advantage is that it works with any ordinary earphones, it doesn't need the phone ones with built-in mic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 10 Jan 2014
Nick Thompson (UK) - See all my reviews
Superb sound quality and loads of features. Unfortunately, some are not available on my Lumia 1020 but that's a WP issue and not the fault of the device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was expecting from Sony, 26 Oct 2013
Unbelievably useful, I use it on a day-by-day basis, fully recommended for smartphone advanced users, use it and you will not come back

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for making calls if you have a massive phone or tablet, 19 Dec 2013
It's maybe a bit too small, but its better than pulling out a big 6.5" phone like the Z Ultra or HTC One Max. Sounds good, smart apps are a little fiddly, it has its own speaker that even goes handfree itself so you can put it down and carry on talking.

3.0 out of 5 stars i don't think i like it. i havent been outdoors with it as ..., 1 Aug 2014
ive allowed it a 32 hour charge.i'm using it now,but find it a little tricky to navigate.it's bigger than i'd expect,but sufficiently sleek in colour and looks.the sound is adequate,not overwhelming....just so.i don't think i like it.i havent been outdoors with it as yet.that will be the test;amongst the noise on street level.that either get my thumbs up or thumbs down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all round!!, 3 April 2014
I brought this to use with my xperia Z and it works a treat. I use all the time at work and on flights. I can even read or listen to my text messages with out dig through my rack sack for my phone. It can be used via the headpones provided or as a small speaker. Although it is small it packs punch with great sound clarity. It can be used as a phone also, which people always find intresting. I work in a loud area and I can hear the person on the other end perfectly, and they can hear me always. Its extremely lightweight and the clasp works brilliantly. so far i have had no problems with connecting the unit to my phone.I highly recommend the SBH52. Only gripe is that the headphones lead is rather short, but i overcome this by using the headphones that came with my Xperia Z.
As for battery life....well it depends how much you use it, just like any other electronic product. I find if i use to loud speaker for chilling to music the battery can take a battering but that is to be expected from an item so small and compact.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Blutooth, 25 Jun 2014
Good quality product but poor instructions. Had a Sony before so knew how to pair. Paired easily.
Good radio