5.0 out of 5 stars A piece of history, 15 Feb. 2014
Brian Jones "beesjay" (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Definitive Pete Seeger If I Had A Hammer (MP3 Download)
OK, I'm old enough to remember some of these songs when they were first recorded. His repertoire blending American folk, children's songs and protest songs was unique and is the sound of his voice. He delivers songs with joy, sincerity, humour or focused anger as appropriate. This two CD collection includes all my old favourites and some perhaps I hadn't ever heard - or maybe just forgotten. The definitive Pete Seeger - yes, I guess that about sums it up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Selection of Pete Seeger Greats, 11 May 2014
Christina (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Great selection of Pete Seeger's works. He was one of the seminal artists who influenced a whole generation, including Leonard Cohen & Bob Dylan. In fact, he was considered so subversive, he was put on the FBI's suspected communist list.

Forget the politics. In simple terms, Seeger was a truly great singer/songwriter: one of the best.

Four stars because a little pricey for essentially 60's tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars My tribute to Pete Seeger, 30 April 2014
P. A. Copley (Northumberland UK) - See all my reviews
I've always like the music and lyrics of Pete Seeger's work, but usually listened to other artists performing them. Buying this and listening to it is my homage to a wonderful influence who touched the conscience of a generation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pete Seeger The Definitive Collection, 12 Feb. 2014
D. Walter "Music Geezer" (Milton Keynes, England) - See all my reviews
In this collection you will find all the brilliant songs from years gone by. Just sit back and relish the songs of other years and sing along if you remember the words. Ido.