4.0 out of 5 stars Scary but effective
It's not pretty, but then again it doesn't need to be.

It's made of solid plain metal and feels well constructed with next to no play in the hinges and mechanism - so on unpacking you should feel confident in the cutter doing the job.

Published 14 months ago by The Fat Monk

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work
I paid very little for this item so really shouldn't have expected much.

When I placed the regular sim into the slot it looked very tight as a previous reviewer stated, after a little bit of a wiggle to make sure it was sitting properly, I pressed down and out popped a micro-sim with some of the copper contacts chopped at the very edge.

I hoped for...
Published 13 months ago by Adelle

4.0 out of 5 stars Scary but effective, 11 Sep 2013
The Fat Monk (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Micro Mini iPhone iPad 4G 4S Mobile Phone Sim Card Cutter Maker +2 Free Adapters (Electronics)
It's not pretty, but then again it doesn't need to be.

The worry comes when you slip your regular size SIM card in the slot under the cutter. The fit is snug - as it should be - but that's when you realise just how close to the copper contacts the SIM is going to be cut down.

I removed and inserted a couple of time to make sure the contacts appeared dead center in hole, clenched the handles, closed my eyes and squeezed.

It takes a bit of a squeeze, but all of a sudden out pops your micro-SIM!

The edges weren't absolutely perfect - on one side it looked a little as though the plastic had pulled away from the contacts a bit - but I inserted the newly trimmed SIM into my HTC One and it was recognised straight away (i.e. the newly trimmed SIM is in perfect working order).

For the 99p I paid I cannot complain at all. My network would have charged me more than that for a replacement SIM, and it would have taken them at least a day to ship and then another day to switch my number to the new SIM. This cutter arrived next day, so 24hrs after ordering I was fully up and running with my old SIM in my new phone - keeping me connected with an interruption of less than 5 minutes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 14 Oct 2013
Adelle (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I paid very little for this item so really shouldn't have expected much.

I hoped for the best and placed the sim into the phone, only for a sim error to come on the screen. When trying to push the micro-sim back into the plastic surround to use in my old mobile phone whilst ordering a new sim, I found that it caused an error on the old phone too due to the copper contacts being cut through.

Now having to use a pay as you go sim temporarily while I wait on my mobile company sending a micro-sim, which I should have just done in the first place.

Therefore I'd say be extremely cautious when using this item, it worked for others but not for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Micro sim cutter, 1 Nov 2013
Incredible value and perfect for reducing the standard Sim card to a micro for i phone etc. Highly recommended.Well done1

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly if you are careful and use your eyes. I have cut three now, without problem., 2 July 2014
Ignore the bad comments, if you are careful and make sure the old SIM is lined up properly, this tool converts full size SIM cards to micro SIM.

Just put the old SIM into the cutter and check you can see the contacts through the hole in the bottom with plastic visible all round. Carefully turn the tool over, place on a hard surface and press the handle down slowly and firmly. There will be a satisfying crunch and when you lift up the tool, a perfectly cut micro SIM will be found.

I have converted 3 now, without any problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value arrived fast.., 27 Mar 2014
only 4 stars because of my general aggravation with suppliers, if just packing something and posting off was business, we would all be doing it. No instructions other than the microscopic printing on the box. it is possible to get it wrong, so just a small info sheet would be useful what would that cost?

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 8 Jan 2014
I like it because save getting another SIM card &telephone number.
I am satisfied and reccoment to anybody Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 1 Jan 2014
It works perfectly for its money, also it saved a lot of messing round, changing my phone number to a new sim etc, I will buy from this store again

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery, does what it says on the box., 28 Oct 2014
H. FUJITA - See all my reviews
I had some old Virgin Mobile (UK) sims, so I used that to practice first.

The gold contacts were significantly larger than the current ones, so the cutter cut through them. However my phone recognised it straightaway, so I think we can safely cut through the edge.

I've cut down my current PAYG T-mobile (UK) sim with no problems. It works fine on my Xperia E3 (micro sim), and with the supplied adapter, works on my old Sony Ericsson Z610 (standard sim).

The free delivery came the next day, on Royal Mail 24 (Amazon marketplace Babz Media).

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 26 Feb 2014
tried it & it fell apart 1st time as it was not soldered both sides so it collapsed & broke the sim, only ordered because the reviews were ok, so not impressed

4.0 out of 5 stars deceptive title, description and image, but what arrived worked!, 28 Aug 2014
J. Taylor (UK) - See all my reviews
Title and picture clearly implies two different sized punches and at least two different adaptors I.e. micro and mini sim sizes but I only received one punch and one adaptor, fortunately it was for the sized sim I currently needed, Hence four stars and not one. It functioned fine on a practice sim and the live one, leaves a slightly rough edge that can be filed down if one wants to. I did... Overall disappointed at the deception but pleased with the supplied punch performance.