5.0 out of 5 stars Cor blimey wow
Published on 5 Dec. 2012 by Truth be told

3.0 out of 5 stars Technically amazing, but disappointing.
First of all: don't let this review discourage you from trying this band, they're great. But be prepared to invest significant effort in order to get anything from their work.

Published on 31 Dec. 2012 by LostC1tY

5.0 out of 5 stars Cor blimey wow, 5 Dec. 2012
I took a punt with this, I don't usually listen to this kind of music at all and I have to admit that my first listen made me think 'Oh dear what a waste of money'. Stupid thought. I listened more, then a bit more, then a lot more, learning all the time, training my ear just like I did when I started listening to Miles Davis. Now I won't take this disc out of my player, it is absolutely blooming astoundingly incredible and every single listening session teaches you more about this disc and the astonishing music contained. My next step after submitting this is to order another disc by these geniuses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite follow up to great misdirect and Ep, 3 Nov. 2012
This album opens up with an acoustic guitar and little keyboard ditty thing with some Awesome Harmonies. before kicking into an excellent second track. the Bass as always is Played to top notch standards and the two guitarist twist and turn and twiddle and widdle and riff to there hearts content as you expect from them. Vocals screeches and Screams and Sings like an angel and the drums bash and smash there way through with supreme skill. this album is Possibly their best maybe even better than colours if I dare be so bold as to say so. The cover art is pretty cool too.
it is quite long though at 77 minutes. there does seem to be much more keyboard than the other albums too

and more singing

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily the best album of 2012., 28 Dec. 2012
Mr. Patrick Birchall "Prog Addict" (North West, England) - See all my reviews
Truly BTBAM's masterpiece, the songwriting is mature and deep but never feels strained and skips along nicely despite its length.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Masterpiece, 18 Nov. 2012
Edmund "I'm a fantasy reader and listener mos... (Chirk, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is another full on assault by the genre-bending group that is Between the Buried and Me.

This album has it all.
It has the hard hitting, guitar heavy pounding riffs that we have come to expect, in the form of Telos.
It has the crazy moment like the Horse-Neigh in Disease Injury Madness in the form of Bloom (which is one of my favourites on the album)
We also have the calm interludes which really make the pacing of the album in the form of Parallax and The Black Box.
I cant really say that there is a stand out track as every time I have listened to the album I listened it from start to finish as it is a seamless piece of work but the parts I have enjoyed the most are: "Goodbye to Everything", The "Walk-ing in-to a cer-tain state of ... DESPERATION!" in "Extremophile Elite" and the album ender "Silent Flight Parliament" has something of White Walls about it and it serves very well as the climax to what is a very good album.

In all this continues what Between the Buried and Me have been doing for a while, creating mind-crushing music which has twists turns and something that always keeps you on your toes. The only thing I can say about this album is that I found it a little difficult to keep track of in the first few listens but after a few more it seemed to flow together brilliantly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Technically amazing, but disappointing., 31 Dec. 2012

I got into BTBAM just after The Great Misdirect was released. While I didn't like that album to begin with, Blake Richardson's inventive drumming kept drawing me back, until eventually I found that I loved the whole thing. Later the same thing happened with Colors and Hypersleep Dialogues.

Truthfully, I'm still hoping that my mind will change as far as P2:FS is concerned. But right now, I have to say that this album feels like a complete mess... There's no way that anyone can fault the band's technical ability (each member is an incredible musician), but with all that creative input there isn't a strong sense of direction, no guiding light to sculpt the ideas into a coherent and flowing structure.

The band explores a bewildering array of influences, and executes them masterfully. But there's so many painful disjointed sections shoehorned in, that it just becomes a blur. Occasionally they strike absolute gold, where everything works, and among those fleeting sections is some of the best music I've ever heard. But at the other end of the scale are things that feel so forced and redundant (Amos Williams spoken word, 12 bar blues, anyone?), that they're just sad face.

BTBAM will continue to grow and evolve, and part of me hopes they reach the point of embracing the fact that; what you do is important, but music is just as much about the things you *don't* do.

The Parallax II: Future Sequence