Night On Brocken
Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£3.19

on 14 March 2014
This elementary effort is the first album which kickstarted the career of Fates Warning, unfortunately to start with, (being a FW nut) it is a pretty mediocre and simplistic co-hort in a simples marriage of power, prog and heavy bits and pieces. The album doesn't seem to do anything no else has already done a 1000 times already and the lack of standouts is obvious and chronic. Ok, so it does have that eighties European sound and flare that (John Arch is likely the best thing about this record), I just can't find much musical merit in here as opposed to heaps of it in the rest of they're catalogue.

Well Fates Warning's innovative side was seemingly much too primeval at this stage, this is semi enjoyable backround metal with no standouts. (I had a look but couldn't find any!) and if I wanted to hear the power metal strength of Fates Warning then I would be far more likely to turn to "The Spectre Within" which in my opinion was a much improved beast indeed. Certainly, by all means check out where FW path began from they're earliest days, but just try not to envisage another debut classic becouse "Night on brocken" isn't that and is easily the weakest album in they're career by far.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again