Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 4 June 2015
I'm gonna be totally honest. I'd always heard of armored saint but I'd never given them a proper listening. The thing that prompted me was my annoyance at Anthrax and the loss of my favourite vocalist to Joey Belladonna. Unlike most Anthrax fans, I prefer the Bush era, and we've come for you all is one of my all time favourite cds; i guess the reason behind this is Bush is amazing vocals for that hard rock/metal style. It isn't full on thrash, but in your face heaviness. Anyway, several years later I had to try armored saint coz i was missing this guy! Anyway, choosing la raza as a starting point was a stroke of brilliance on my part because this cd is just outright awesome. Bush is vocally on fire, the songs, the hooks, the lyrics and musicianship is top rate. This is IMO a perfect fusion between hard rock and heavy metal. It has crunching rhythm guitar, flying solos that you can just bathe in, without ever being over the top. And another thing is the more you listen to it the better and better it becomes. I am now a proper armored saint fan, with one mission: get my backside into gear, get listening to the new cd and the back catalogue. Exciting times.
on 22 March 2010
Well, if you are here reading this review it's not by chance but means something. This band is for US power metal aficionados and this is a very special moment for any fan of the group.

Armored Saint, the "Golden Underdogs" are back for more and a brand new CD is just available thru Amazon after 10 years since last official release "Revelation" (or 9, if you consider the double cd with both new tracks and rarities named "Nod To The Old School").

Like any Armored Saint's LP, this is a grower. On a first listening just sounding more heavy rock than heavy metal, the music is sort of subtle, very groovy and intriguing. But then John Bush's singing & screaming is a reminder of all the good things from the past, all the good riffs with the printmark of Phil Sandoval & Jeff Duncan are there ...plus Joey Vera on bass and "Gonzo" on drums offering a solid base as usually (but with imagination).

Buy with trust if you are a fan or if you still support good rocking music by skillful players.
on 25 May 2016