5.0 out of 5 stars Really excellent product
Published 9 months ago by PeterW

3.0 out of 5 stars Wifi printer
This printer is probably gt if you are into technical things, but we found it hard to set up. No printed manual, only a DVD .we used the right ink, but not really pleased with the prints.
Published 11 months ago by anny

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really excellent product, 20 July 2014
This review is from: Epson Expression Premium XP 615 Colour Multifunctional Printer (Personal Computers)
I bought this and was amazed at price, quality of output and ease of setup. Wifi setup was a doddle : switch it on, let it find your wifi, enter your password and that's it. Using it seamlessly from my PC, with Epson iPrint and Creative Print apps on my Android phone and tablet. I don't think Epson have ever made a bad printer in the 30 years I've been an IT professional, and they continue that with this product. Compatible ink available cheaply, what more can you ask for? AND NO, I DON'T WORK FOR EPSON OR THE SELLER. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 29 Jan. 2014
M. Fox (Wales) - See all my reviews
As a silver surfer (Aged 70) I followed the instructions and was up and running within half an hour - WiFi connected - test printed paper, and photos. Excellent results on my iMac. Just set up WiFi printing from iPhone 4s - worked first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Mar. 2014
Really pleased with this printer. Easy to set up and switches itself off! Loved the white colour. Sleek and modern.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for the scanner alone!, 29 Jan. 2014
Great printer, super fast, super quality output and the network scanner beats my old Canon into the dust, on speed
and image output.

Web management and Print Anywhere works well.

Just one thing though, no 'Wake On WLAN' so if it's in a different room, prepare to boost that pedometer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great printer, a few flaws, 30 May 2014
I havent owned a printer at home for at least 15yrs. Most documents I print in the office for free and pictures are better consumed digitally (at least that's what I thought).
I'm going to have a baby soon and I'd like to be able to print pictures both to share with other as well as to put in frames and display at home... enter the Epson XP 615.
This is basically identical to the XP 610 although this is made of white plastic instead of black. Given that I use mostly Macs at home I though while would look better. You may want to read some of the reviews on the 610 as there are many more and they would relate to 615 just the same.
- First impressions: it's a bit bigger than I thought looking at the pictures on amazon and the measurements in the description. It isnt huge but it's probably deeper than I thought it would be although it doesnt have an external power adapter (brick) which ultimately contains some of the mess you'd have on the floor.
- Setup: based on the reviews I read on the XP 610 I though this would be a nightmare with my Mac so I started off with a fair bit of prejudice. The fact of the matter is that it is incredibly simple to set up... download the drivers for your Mac/PC, connect the printer to the wifi network and bang... you're done. Granted, the documentation is very flimsy with a quick start guide only and an online manual which actually doesnt detail the set up procedure step by step. So if you're a bit less comfortable installing software off the web and exploring menus and functions without a manual I can see how this could look difficult. Also the set up for AirPrint from my iPhone and iPad was a breeze.
- Print quality: I've done a few tests so far. Will update the review after I receive some high quality glossy photo paper this week. But what I've seen so far looks pretty impressive. Black and white double sided prints for documents are very fast, I'd say 20-25 pages per minutes. Color documents take a bit longer but I'd say 10 pages per minute if not too complex. Photo print definitely takes longer, I'd say probably 1-2 pages
per minute but the quality is very good.
- Scanning: dont think I'll use this feature much but again it was extremely easy to set up. Downloaded the driver from the website, opened the free scanning software included with my Mac and bang! I was ready to scan.
- Odd bits: so the printer clearly looks like it was designed be more automated than it is and those features were disabled for some reason. The panel that houses the control buttons and the LCD swivels up and down and you can feel there is a gear and electric motor that should power it but the commands are nowhere to be found. Also, the tray that holds the finished printer paper needs to be pulled out before any operation and also under this you can feel that there is a gear and an electric motor connected to it but again, no way to control it. So what happens is that if you'd like to use the fancy AirPrint features to say, print your boarding card from the living room after having checked-in for a flight online, the prints wont come out until you walk over to the printer and pull out the tray manually. You actually get a few beeps and blinking lights alterting you that something is wrong while the only wrong thing is the engineers that designed it! Athough this doesnt really alter the usefulness of the printer it does leave you with a sense of incompleteness. Yes it could've been... but it isnt quite yet.

Pros:
-Good print quality
-Nice design
-Easy set up
-Good value for money

Cons:
-Some of the wifi/Airprint functionalities are limited because fof product design deficiencies
-Takes about 15 seconds to warm up from cold start
-Loud, lots of movement back and forth. There is a quite mode but havent tested it

So all in all I'd recommend it. Sure I'd like to see some improvements maybe with some firmware update that makes the automatic tray usable but still as it is it's quite good.

->Shame on Amazon: this came with a European-type plug rather UK/Ireland WITH NO ADAPTER! Nowhere on the description does it say that... this is not reflected in my rating for the product as it wouldnt have been unfair but made the whole experience a bit more negative.

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally pleased with printer, 9 Jan. 2015
B. W. Larter "chiipa" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
Generally pleased with printer..could have better instructions for use especially the paper tray draw system..it would help new users if the three trays were numbered 1 2 3. It should advise the user that the middle tray is for printing direct from photo cards only and not direct from computer

4.0 out of 5 stars workable, 20 Nov. 2013
B. Zabavnik (down town shepherds bush beneath the BBC) - See all my reviews
I got it working with the BT hub by the simple expedient of putting the wireless key in "correctly" by adjusting the letter size - not everything has to be in capitals you can choose your letter size on the screen entry. However I must admit I had to ask BT for advice as to what to key in. I printed direct from the sd card without putting it through any processing and the results were stunning until it dries and that is down to the paper(HP 2007 gloss 240 gsm) or the Epson ink I used which started to orange peel.. I went for the xp615 instead of the xp610 because I am fed up of black and you can see what you are doing. I am switching off at the machine so it should settle in. As a printer it is okay but I suggest you experiment with the inks and the paper. I got the idea that cartridge size 26 might be too small for good results so I will be buying 26XL to see I there is an improvement otherwise I will be trying CISS and drying upright.
UPDATE - tried Epson glossy paper and the results are brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epsom XP 615 printer, 26 Feb. 2014
Mac-H (Bedlington UK) - See all my reviews
The printer was ordered and received on the second working day.This service could not be bettered.
I ordered this printer as I required an air printer.The set up was easy and it is early days but I am more than satisfied with the Epsom XP 615.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2014
Dp Dennis - See all my reviews
Excellent printer works well easy set up for wifi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Printer, 18 Mar. 2015
Mr. Anthony M. Ruston (Ashford, Kent U.K.) - See all my reviews
An excellent printer and so easy to set up. Print quality is really good, as one would expect from Epson - pity about the ink prices though. I was most impressed by the quality of photographic prints it produces. If fact I can find nothing to really dislike apart from those wretched ink prices and commend this printer as being well worth your consideration.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›