4.7 out of 5 stars1,391
Size: 64 GB|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on 19 February 2015
Having prejudices towards any SD card manufacturer other than Sandisk, buying this SD card was more of a major deal then it need be. But, this SD card now limits my prejudice towards every SD card manufacturer other than Sandisk and Transcend.

Okay, in all seriousness there are only two major factors when buying an SD card: buying from a good reputable brand and getting the speed & size you need. This card ticks the first box - I can tell you I have had no corruptions or issues with this card, but how about the second box? Well, it depends what you're using it for. For most photographers 32GB is plenty, even if you shoot RAW and 45MB/s is good enough. Shooting 50 frames per second 1080p footage on my Nikon D5300 was an easy task for this card. Only if you're shooting 4K or just believe bigger is always better consider a larger faster SD card.

So the real question then is why choose Transcend? Well, it's easy: price. Had Sandisk's pricing been closer to Transcend for the same spec, yeah I would have instantly bought a Sandisk, but Transcend have produced a good SD card at a good price. Simple as.
A set of these excellent Transcend 32GB class 10 SDHC UHS-1 cards all passed the usual speed and capacity tests (H2TestW) on my PC with flying colours and are now used in my DSLR and GoPro for recording HD video clips.

The slowest of the set had a Write speed of 19.1 MByte/s, Read speed of 81.2 MByte/s (Class 10 and UHS-1 needs to be faster than 10 MByte/s). Each had a usable capacity of 30194 MBytes. O/S reported 31,661,752,320 Bytes available and 32 KBytes reserved when formatted with FAT32.

The lock tab is an essential extra safety aid for making sure I do not inadvertently erase or try to re-use a full card, even though I've given each one a sticky label to identify it. The plastic clip cases each of mine came in have proven useful to protect the exposed contacts from ESD damage when the chips are not in a camera.

As with all electronic chips and memory I am careful not to touch the contacts, so as to avoid finger acids corroding the very thin metal of the contacts and electrostatic discharge (ESD) damaging the chip. The ESD sort of damage is usually called 'walking wounded' where the chip seems OK for a while but is actually silently suffering and will eventually die.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 October 2014
I'm really happy with this card - I bought it to take on holiday and use in a Nikon D5200 camera. This time last year I paid more for a 32GB card and now 12 months on this is just as quick and double the size!

Burst mode etc all works fine (it's much slower on cards with a slower write speed) and movie recording worked fine too.

Transcend have a good reputation compared to some of the cheaper brands, and it's never worth buying the cheapest SD cards you can buy as one day you'll potentially lose everything on the card.
66 comments|43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 June 2014
I already have two, class 10, 16Gb cards. They worked perfectly well but having taken over 1000 pictures (JPEG) at RIAT 2013 and now saving in RAW and JPEG formats, I thought I could do with more memory. I also wanted faster cards for recording videos using my Nikon D7100. So I got two of these 64Gb cards being the biggest the camera could take. These performed very well at the recent Cosford Air show. However, the videos only take up a small proportion of the memory so in reality I didn't need this big. More smaller sized cards might have been better. Also lose a 64Gb card (or two) and that's a lot of pictures. No complaints though.
on 4 February 2014
It's just what it is, works fine and the price is great for a well known brand. Very happy with this item!
on 25 November 2013
I'm very pleased with this memory card it has performed well so far, I have used this brand of card before and have always found it to be reliable
on 6 July 2015
Proved to be very effective in the wifes new camera (Canon 7D Mk II). No problems when taking single shots or burst mode. All photographs saved perfectly. A very good price and proving to be a very good card.
on 18 November 2014
It does as it says on the box its good for 1080p video on my D3300 but I would recommend getting the 95mb/s if you want better burst mode when shooting in RAW
But apart from that its been great so far
on 27 December 2014
Used on nikon d3200. Worked for a week or so then started not saving pictures or being able to read on my PC. Spend more and SanDisk
on 25 October 2014
The card works well in my Finepix HS50 camera. It records full-HD video without stutter. The packaging for the card itself was awful though. A real struggle to get the card out and I ruined the packing and multi-language instructions/guarantees printed on the inside. Also, as this was going to be a spare card, I was a little disappointed to see that it doesn't come with a little holder - it's just a bare card.

So, all-in-all, very good, but not perfect.
review image