5.0 out of 5 stars The cook book for non cooks
Published on 30 Jan. 2013 by Shirley Wheeler

3.0 out of 5 stars Everyday Kitchen Magician
There are a few things in there that I might have a go at...I'm already quite good at stretching the food budget.
Published 23 months ago by Rita Goodwin

5.0 out of 5 stars The cook book for non cooks, 30 Jan. 2013
Shirley Wheeler (Bromley, Kent United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As a lifelong non-cook who never felt confident cooking, I saw Richard demonstrating at a show. Impressed with his casual but interesting approach to cooking, where pretty much anything goes, I bought his book. It's been great. You are encouraged to try things and make stuff up yourself with whatever happens to be in the house. Nothing is "wrong" there is nothing to measure yourself against and therefore there is no feeling of failure. It's just encouraging. Worth the purchase price for Richard's flat bread recipe alone, I've made loads.

5.0 out of 5 stars inspirational!, 31 May 2012
Wendy (Nottingham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Probably the best layed out recipe book I've seen. Loads of ideas on stuff you just have in the house. The recipes explain how they can be flexible if you have slightly different ingredients. Butternut squash cheesecake is lovely and the flatbread sooo easy!

4.0 out of 5 stars How not to waste food and money, 7 Dec. 2012
I like this book, but having said that I think it is intended more for less experience home keepers than myself.
I have been living thriftily for most of my married life and now in retirement.
It is a very useful book that tells what can be done to save food waste and usually the recipes are tastier than super market ready meals for a fraction of the cost.
I would recommend it to anybody struggling to make ends meet but who still likes their food.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, 26 July 2012
Saw this man doing a demonstration which made me want to buy the book. Lots of good ideas for saving money and easy recipes to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cookbook for our times!, 15 Feb. 2013
Bought after seeing Richard Fox at an event and used straight out of the box. Keeps a focus on value and avoiding waste whilst still making exciting things. Looking forward to cooking more from the book

4.0 out of 5 stars Some things you haven't seen before, 20 April 2014
C. Sinclair (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Even if you are into being frugal-icious and not wasting a scrap, there's a good range of novel ways to make leftovers into a delicious snack or meal.
I liked the conversational style, straightforward advice about how long to keep things and how best to store them, and the creative meal making ideas. It really is a good way of seeing the potential in turning a spoonful or two of leftovers into the main event for the next meal. Save money while reducing waste, what's not to like?

5.0 out of 5 stars Regualar cook., 21 Jun. 2014
I took this book out from my local library this week. I particularly liked Richards par cook in advance I've been doing this in a limited way for years but only on the day of the meal. I liked the pre cooked veg and reheat in a little butter and water will be doing that for sure.All in all a fascinating read which made good sense.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very usefull book, 28 April 2013
I found the recipes very easy to follow and the list of ingredients are not too long, most of them to be found in the kitchen cupboard. I would recommend this book to my friends.
The only down side of the book is that some of the pages have come loose from the spine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 14 Aug. 2013
This book is a gem. Although I'm already a savvy food shopper and cook, I've learnt a lot from this book.
I saw Richard recently at an exhibition and was so impressed that I've now bought both of his books. Well worth buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Will save you whatever you pay to buy it - so do so!, 1 Jun. 2014
P. Ashton "Penny" (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent book for the nervous cook. Common sense advice on safe food storage, how to make it keep longer and how to use up what is safe to use.