5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected - a great fit
Published 11 months ago by MM

3.0 out of 5 stars good...but flawed
I needed a pair of bluetooth headphones for jogging in the rain. I chose them essentlally for their weatherproofness and the non-invasive design of the ear piece. They sit on the ear and not inside (I hate the echo inside my head when running with headphones that are inserted inside the ear).

On that level they work ok. I've been on several runs with them and...
Published 5 months ago by Peter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected - a great fit, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jabra Sport Plus Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black/Yellow (Accessory)
Having already bought several bluetooth as well as corded headsets for music/podcast use during my commute and walks, I was not expecting overly much, but simply hoped to get a small set that didn't hurt my ears or fall off all the time. I was pleasantly surprised by the fit and comfort, as well as the sound quality, which is better than with a lot of even corded earbuds I have. It can be a bit fiddly to get them on, especially with the bigger ear gels, but once on with ear gels that suit my ears I can't feel them at all and they appear very secure.

They come only with a USB charger rather than a direct outlet plug, but that is actually preferable for me, as that works in any country (I am not in the UK and would do nothing with a UK plug) and USB outlets and adapters seem to be everywhere anyway.

The sound was, as said, better than expected, though I mostly listen to speech, so am perhaps not as picky as some very discerning music lovers.

Very easy paring, and connects to my android phone every time effortlessly since.

And when no longer listening, they take up very little space in my bag or pocket.

A bit more of a comprehensive user manual in the box would have been nice, but it was easily found on the Jabra homepage, so not deducting any points off for that.

3.0 out of 5 stars good...but flawed, 4 July 2014

On that level they work ok. I've been on several runs with them and they do work ok, but only ok for the following reasons:

Pros
easy pairing with my android phone
great voice guidance to tell you they've been paired
nice design where they sit on the ear
no problem in the rain so far

cons
poor battery life
FM radio button doesn't work
very tinny sound - i can confirm the other reviews view that it has no bass at all.
annoying repeated voice guidance to tell me it needs recharging (not helpful when I'm running. I know it needs recharging but what the heck can I do about it when I'm midway through my run?)

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality sound and not working well, 2 Aug 2014
i originally bought on amazon a $25 bleutooth headset that worked perfectly well for my weekly runs, but eventyually water got into it and it died. After some reading online, i bought this Jabra thinking it would be perfect and seems to be 100% water proof. The sound quality was very poor with almost no bass. They also advertise that it comes with FM radio. I was never able to pick up any radio station, and i live in London! .
i would not recommend buying this items. I will revert back to something less fancy, but that works well

1.0 out of 5 stars Would not recommend, 31 July 2014
Maria Kronhoff (Munkedal, Sweden) - See all my reviews
Bought mine a week ago. Dismissed other negative reviews because I'm very happy with the Jabra Wave and thought they'd have a lot in common. They have really awful quality sound. No bass to speak of. Bulky in ears and if used for calls, the person in the other end finds it difficult to hear me. Won't be keeping these.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, 1 April 2014
This product was bought for me as a Christmas gift. The headset performed incredibly well, was easy to use and had good sound. The supplier delivered it very quickly as well. Sadly, after only 4 or 5 uses, the equipment failed and could not be reset and I had to return them to the manufacturer.

Whilst individuals in the customer services department of Jabra were helpful, the process to obtain a replacement was painful. I eventually got agreement from Jabra to send a replacement. I chased up delivery recently and was told they could not replace the item as they were out of stock and could give no indication when a replacement will be sent.

I asked for a refund and was told I would have to go back through the supplier. I can't do this as they were bought as a gift. Therefore, after 3 months I have no headphones, the person who gave me the headphones is over £60 out of pocket and I have no idea when the replacement will arrive. Furthermore when it does arrive I have no confidence that the item will work for more than a few hours.

Completely useless and I won't ever buy a Jabra product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great items, highly recommended!!!, 8 Aug 2014
The headphones were in great condition, and they are awesome. Have used them in the gym and while running, I stick my phone on my water bottle and it has approx 20m range indoors before the sound starts cracking up, so you dont need to have it on your arm, which i dislike for weight training. It is stated that bluetooth can be tricky outdors so you need to put you phone on your right arm. I have used it on runs and tried to put it in my shorts pocket, no problem with connection. Highly recommended item, well worth it :-) And it gets very good radio reception as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after 1 week, 26 Mar 2014
Great item right up until they stopped working (after 1 week) . Jabra customer service very slow interact but they are sending a replacement, when ever they get round to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product ......... But!, 4 Jan 2014
The product description says it all, but as reported by other users the radio does not pick up a single station. If you use an iPod for entertainment this may not be an issue? The Bluetooth pairing works very well. Fit, comfort, sound, all good. Great for training and running. Note: after a full 24hr charge they only operated for about 4 hours, which is not as good as I would like or expect. Hence the 4 star rating. A good product that could be excellent with some development.

3.0 out of 5 stars These look and feel nice but they don't always stay in and are definitely ..., 3 July 2014
These look and feel nice but they don't always stay in and are definitely not sweat proof. The connectivity is fine, and the sound is very good, but all of this ceases to matter when they fall out!

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 26 Jun 2014
Over paid very hard to sync poor sound and low volume ability. I should return...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›