on 4 February 2014
The GOOD

This is one of my favourite gadgets. It is robust, has a very nice aesthetic look an feel to it, it is simple to use, very very loud in comparison to other speakers in similar size and probably the best thing about this speaker is its unbelievable battery life. Several times I have accidentally left the speaker on all day or night and have found it to still be on even 12 hours later. It only takes about two hours to charge or less and it can be charged by any USB port. Its also easy to carry around.

One other feature i like about it is the rubber exterior. This allows you to grip it well when you're holding it so you don't drop it. It also protects it when you drop it and it looks very cool.

Although this speaker is more expensive than other portable speakers it is well worth the money and I would happily buy it again for the same price as it is durable and of very good quality.

The BAD

It pains me to write anything bad about this speaker as I consider it to be such a great piece of kit. However there is one issue that you may want to consider before buying which is that for some reason you cannot charge the speaker and play music at the same time.

This has rarely been an issue for me as I am usually quite organised and remember to charge it but if you can't imagine yourself doing this then you might find it annoying that whenever you go to play music and find that it needs charging.

I highly recommend this speaker and I am sure you will be fully satisfied with it. Thanks for reading my review!
on 1 April 2014
Very light weight and a nice design. It sounds much better than the internal speakers on my phone and is great for filling a room with acceptable quality sound from this sized / priced device - such as when you want music in a hotel room.

As opposed to some other reviewers I have no trouble playing music via bluetooth whilst charging the speaker and I can also change volume via bluetooth (streaming from an iPhone 5)

One thing to note, the black coloured version is actually more like a dark army green.

I would also not recommend clipping it onto a rucksack as the speaker faces upwards and is not fully covered, so although the sides have a nice rubber protection there is nothing to stop dirt / rain damaging the actual speaker.
on 5 December 2013
its one of the best speaker I have bought so far. its compact and very powerful!!! Highly recommended to anyone! loved it alot
on 10 May 2014
All I can say is that I was amazed with the build quality and the overall good sound quality of the speaker. It is easy to carry around, battery life is great(for my needs).
I've tried it with a Nexus 5, a Galaxy Tab and an iPhone 4 and works perfect.

Glad I've picked this one.
on 3 December 2013
I've just receive this speaker and thorough the day I couldn't stop to listen music with it, either from my iphone or laptop so surprised I was with the sound quality, it's pocketable size and it's wireless range of this well design speaker. It's also extremely easy to connect to iphone and laptop as well and to play music/radio or any other source of audio.

Taking into consideration the price range(fyi got it in the black friday for 20£), it's size and Bluetooth connection all this implies that audio had to suffer some constrains but let's be honest, for every day use it perfectly works as a great booster whether you're listen from your iphone or laptop, with the advantage to take it as portable accessory makes it even more interesting. And yes it can fulfill a nice small/medium size room pretty well!!. And also found out that it works great with surround effect in the bathroom! :)

Resuming....the sound quality is very very acceptable and it will always be a better improvement over tiny laptop speakers or iphones. Also the maximum volume is quite impressive, but I've notice that it changes a lot with the quality of the audio source you are listening in (mp3 with too compression will not played so well defined or with higher volume than a vbr or 320kps file). To take full advantage of bluetooth range is preferable to make sure the speaker is at full charge.

I'm really pleased with price/quality factor! and sure I recommend it

By the way the black color is more dark olive green than black at daylight
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 April 2014
had my iphone on this as i wanted to have music as im going to work as it can clip onto my day sack via clip ok its not water proff that i no of but wow wicked sound bass was shocking for the size ..well happy with this =)
VINE VOICEon 7 July 2013
Colour Name: KhakiVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First, let me say that for the price of this portable speaker you can buy one that has equal or better sound quality, as well as a docking facility. However, what you are paying for here is the novel design, the bluetooth wireless streaming and the built in microphone allowing handsfree telephone facility. The design isn't going to be to everybody's taste, but this speaker is lightweight, very portable and for it's size does give surprisingly good sound reproduction. It comes supplied with a clip which is handy for belts, or anywhere else you might choose to hang it. Battery life from the inbuilt rechargeable lithium battery is OK, but although Philips say a full charge can give 8 hours of music playback, I have only averaged about half that time. I guess this is going to appeal to kids and teenagers more than anyone else, and my 8 year old daughter has already claimed it as her own. The single speaker unit gives very reasonable treble and bass response, but because it is only a single speaker, it's not stereo sound. All in all it's a good, if expensive stocking filler. It feels durable with its rubber coated case, and is likely to appeal to those who want something a bit different. Personally, I'd prefer to spend my money on something portable with stereo sound, rechargeable battery and built in docking station.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 February 2014
found this to very easy to use , ideal for what I wanted , good sound easy to carry about
will proberly by anouther soon
on 4 May 2014
Went to see our son Paul, he was using one of these speakers. We loved it so came home and ordered one. Its great.
on 11 May 2013
Looks great, sounds good.
Unfortunately you can't control the volume in Bluetooth mode, volume only responds when wired in to source.
11 comment6 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See one answered question