5.0 out of 5 stars For collectors and fans
Published 7 months ago by Jorge Arias

3.0 out of 5 stars Variable performance from Boston
Always wanted to see Boston, so to get this time capsule of them playing live in 75 was interesting!

Published 8 months ago by Stagefright

5.0 out of 5 stars For collectors and fans, 15 Feb 2014
Jorge Arias "Yor" (Guayaquil, Ecuador) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live At The Agora Ballroom 1976 (Audio CD)
This concert is awesome, the list of songs couldn't be better, the best of Boston by that time. This concert is before their 2nd album but they performed a lot of songs of that record. I will give an 8.5 of 10 in sound, The sound itseslf is very good, better than I expected from a FM broadcast, you can hear the voices very clear, guitars are warm and full of energy, sometimes a little far from the mix, but that is only my appreciation, bass is clear and deep, but the best is the feel of the whole band at their best, in Live!!. There are a few noises on the record, maybe revealing a problem with the tape product of the years, but still the record is pure gold. I will highly recommend to buy this cd, if you are a fan of Boston, you must have it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Variable performance from Boston, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Live At The Agora Ballroom 1976 (Audio CD)

Honestly I am somewhat underwhelmed! As a musician it's not a surprise to me that the awesome studio sound can't be recreated live, and given the technology available in 75 I guess this performance is what I'd expect, but to me it seems that the end result is very variable!

Some tracks are great, while others are iffy, and with the occasional moment where Brad Delp turns into a wailing hyena? Don't get me wrong he's an incredible singer, but he,s over singing at times!

This recording doesn't capture the excitement and soaring uplift of their first two studio albums, More than A Feeling, really misses the rich 12 string guitar introduction for example, although the emotion of Tom Scholz's solo on A Man I'll Never Be is tangible!

So if you listen to this with an open mind, and recognise that live sound equipment plus recording equipment used is 40 years out of date, then it's still impressive, although vocally disappointing at times!

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories!, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Live At The Agora Ballroom 1976 (Audio CD)
Took me right back to my youth - very happy memories of hearing and enjoying Boston in my 20s!
They rocked....and still do.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb early performance, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Live At The Agora Ballroom 1976 (Audio CD)
As ever, Boston rarely disappoint. This was recorded live during their launch days. Superb. A very unique and talented band.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rare boston live recording, 18 Dec 2013
A. Powis (Bloxwich ,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live At The Agora Ballroom 1976 (Audio CD)
Don't expect sonic quality from this after all it's a bootleg in effect,it's far to bass heavy [just turn that down].What it lacks in sound it makes up for in energy ,power, and drive.brads vocal struggles on some tracks. It has two tracks I've not heard before plus a pre album version of "a man i'll never be" and an instrumental extension added to "more than a feeling".I love it![Brings back memories of stafford's date on the uk tour oh so long ago]

WELL WORTH A FIVER! This just shows what a poor shadow Boston's new album is [life love and hope] purchased at the same time.

Live At The Agora Ballroom 1976
Live At The Agora Ballroom 1976 by Boston (Audio CD - 2013)