After trying a more expensive product on my Sony Vaio Pro I was impressed that this worked out of the box. In addition the line out ( sound 3.5 mm jack ) facility worked as well
Published 12 months ago by richard jackson

I have a Dell Inspiron Windows 8. The device is incompatible. They sent a replacement and I gave up with them
Published 7 months ago by Dan Somers

5.0 out of 5 stars The smallest black HDMI TO VGA with Audio Adapter for PC Laptop to VGA Monitor, Power-Free Support Raspberry Pi, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: The smallest Black HDMI TO VGA with Audio Adapter for PC Laptop to VGA Monitor, Power-Free Support Raspberry Pi (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars (Mostly) Plug & Play with one quirk, 25 April 2014
I. Grant - See all my reviews
I bought this to use a Raspberry Pi with an unused LCD monitor - video worked right away, only a minor reconfiguration was needed to bring the audio to life. But it seems whenever I shut down the Pi, when next booted I get no video or audio, and no video through the Pi's RCA output either. It's still detecting the HDMI connection, there's just nothing coming out of it. The only way to bring it back is to unplug this adapter and plug it back again, while the Pi is shut down. Odd.

A minor inconvenience though, I can't fault this neat little device otherwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a Raspberry Pi, 16 April 2014
I bought the product to connect my Raspberry Pi to a 1366x768 VGA Monitor. The product worked perfectly with no messing around needed on my part. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money, 21 Jan 2014
Does fully support HDCP as stated. Verified by playing a Blu-Ray on a PS3 -> this adapter -> VGA monitor.
Would absolutely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with the Raspberry Pi, 9 May 2014
D. Tennant (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Anyone looking to run the Raspberry pi directly to VGA (projector in my case) "it works". It is small. The VGA end has no securing threads to attach the VGA lead, so has potential to be accidentally pulled out. Fast delivery and as described.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works For My Raspberry Pi, 17 April 2014
Great, does what it says. Can't comment on the higher resolutions but it's fine on my little 720p monitor. I will get more for my other Rpi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Pi, 7 April 2014
Dr G (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Ideal for Pi use. Just works, simple as that. Enabled me to plug my Pi into an old VGA ported TV, using both the audio and VGA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 14 Dec 2013
Mr. P. Johnson "johnsonfamily38" (Stoke-on-Trent, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this as an alternative to one I already had. Why? Because this one has HD audio output. Plugged it into my Raspberry Pi, reconfigured XBMC and all was good.
;)

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 15 July 2014
Arrived very quickly, well packaged, and rather to my surprise, it works. Now able to connect my new laptop (with HDMI output socket) to the elderly projector (VGA cable) / audio system (3.5 mm jack) in the lecture theatre where I sometimes work. Sound and picture quality rather better than using my old laptop / VGA.

PC World previously said 'It can't be done, try Maplin',

Maplin said 'A convertor will cost you £40 or £50' and tried to sell me a new projector.

I recommend this little widget!

1.0 out of 5 stars It crashed my machine, they sent a replacement which also crashed my machine, 14 May 2014