5.0 out of 5 stars New Levels, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: Kiss Land (Audio CD)
The Weeknd is back, more atmospheric, complex, emotional and entrancing than ever. His music here has hit new heights in terms of his ghosty mind bending quality, it swirls around your mind as his vocals take you deep into the story. Incredibly unique, well produced, performed and presented. Every song is A*, I was hooked from the first 10 seconds. This is one of the finest albums I've ever had the pleasure of listening to, all hail The Weeknd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of the year?, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: Kiss Land (Audio CD)
Loved The Trilogy and this is more of the same and even better. A strong contender for album of the year in my eyes

5.0 out of 5 stars If you liked triillogy, you will like this..., 8 Aug 2014
A. Mistry (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kiss Land (Audio CD)
I heard the song Next whilst shiopping and was stopped dead in my tracks, it's just pure brilliance, since then I bought "trilogy" & had to get this too. I's mild progression of his music, a bit more of the same, that's not to say anyting negative, but if you liked trilogy, then you will liek this. For me, any one of the trilogy albums is better than this one, however, as it's right up my street, I have to give it 5 stars.

Vocals are still beautiful, beats are on it, fat and sound excellent in any listeneing format, the music is still mostly atmospheric, so sounds great played through hi-fi. you will not be dissapointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Abel is God., 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Kiss Land [VINYL] (Vinyl)
The Weeknd never fails to blow my mind with his music. I'm loving his progression from House of Balloons etc. Even better is that this wonderful album is available on vinyl - WOW. The packaging is interesting, so detailed and a lot of thought has been put into it. I love Abel, and I love this vinyl: it's definitely worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable he did it again - A.M.A.Z.I.N.G, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Kiss Land (Audio CD)
Well he certainly has maintained the high quality lyrics and beat we saw in the Trilogy. I was blown away by Kissland, as I was by the Trilogy. It is not often I feel compelled to leave a review, however, this album required my immediate action. I HIGHLY recommend you purchase this album if you enjoyed his previous release.

All in all, this man can saaang. His beats are uplifting and synchronise well with his unique vocal range. A masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECTION, 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: Kiss Land (Audio CD)
Perfect album, it came on time and works perfectly.
One thing I will say though, is that because it gets delivered by post, and because it's paperback type... it gets crushed in the packaging
So, I'd recommend to just go to HMV and buy it :/

5.0 out of 5 stars So Smooth, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Kiss Land (Audio CD)
I didn't think the Weeknd would ever manage to equal the genius of the track Montreal. But he has, 10 times on Kiss Land. And at times, exceeded it. What's it like? Lush. Electronic. Melodic. Michael Jackson without the irritating yelps and weird personal issues. The smoothiest, sexiest album of 2013...

I loved it from the moment when, listening to the first track, Professional,for the first time, about 1:30 mins in, during an ooh-ooh bit, it suddenly soars, and the song changes into something quite different. Similar moment in Adaptation when he sings 'pure, so pure'. My heart just soared with it. Odd backing to this one too, almost like something by Sting!?! Love in the Sky is particularly like Jackson, but better, and I defy anyone to keep their body still during Wanderlust. Kiss Land is bizarre, erotic, mesmeric, with intangible lyrics. And then there's Pretty, which is just so... pretty! 'He will never make you feel so pretty; he will never make you feel this beautiful.' My cd ends with the gorgeous Tears in the Rain 'she just let it slip away, slip away...' And so the album fades.

I love this album. If you get it now, you'll get a couple of extra tracks. Buy it and fall in love.

Added 3 weeks week later.
Course, the reason the backing on Adaptation sounds like the Police, is that it is the Police! Bring on the Night. Doh.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star album, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: Kiss Land (Audio CD)
Every song is addictive on this album. I was truly hypnotized by the sound of his voice and the structure of his music. Simply amazing and a must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is amazing, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Kiss Land (Audio CD)
Great album love every song on it. His best work yet cant wait to hear the music that he'll put out after this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Space R&B, 13 Nov 2013
M. Rutherford (Maidenhead, Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Definitely one of my favourite albums of 2013 - great vocals, well produced - sounds like an R&B album made in space.

Kiss Land
Kiss Land by The Weeknd (Audio CD - 2013)