5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly different love story
Published on 12 Mar 2012 by Elle L

3.0 out of 5 stars The Bringer
A story of true soul mates and how they always come back together in time.
Struggled a little with this first novel by ST, it improves towards the end but was slow to start.
Published 13 months ago by Mrs F

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly different love story, 12 Mar 2012
Elle L "of the Dark Woods" (Belly of the Beast (Athens)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bringer (Kindle Edition)
The Bringer reminded me of the lyrical prose of 'A Certain Slant of Light', another ethereal book I read a while ago. I loved the author's poetic descriptions, especially the way she described Lycyna's transformation and all her new experiences in flesh. The interaction between James and her were so delicately woven and their relationship bloomed in the most gentle, inspiring way. The Bringer urges you to feel, to experience life and being. I had a few doubts about the villain, but it is not a villain driven story, so he doesnt matter, in a way, as much. I definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoyed 'A Certain Slant of Light'.

4.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful story., 4 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Bringer (Kindle Edition)
The Bringer is beautifully written, imaginative and a delight to read. It isn't the type of book I would normally read but I'm glad I did. The story flows extremely well, is captivating and all the characters are engaging. Well worth loading onto the Kindle for a quiet evening or journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gem, 15 May 2011
This review is from: The Bringer (Kindle Edition)
I haven't had much time to read lately. The only time I can squeeze it in, is just before I go to bed. And I've been so excited to go to bed lately, because I LOVE the book I've just finished. Samantha Towle's, The Bringer is a little gem of a read. My kindle's been on fire.

Lucyna is the perfect heroine and I'm more than a bit in love with James. I was too sad when it ended, so hurry up and write me another book, Samantha.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Bringer, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Bringer (Kindle Edition)
A story of true soul mates and how they always come back together in time.
Not quite as enticing as other stories by this author and if this is the first novel your reading by this author don't be put off as the Mighty Storm series and the Alexander Jones series are great stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead!!, 16 Aug 2012
Amazon Customer (Bolton, Nr Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bringer (Kindle Edition)
This book is the single most definitive description of the emotion of love!! And for a paranormal romance novel that is some achievement!! It's a walk-through to experiencing all the sparks and sensations that suddenly erupt out of nowhere when faced with the totally irrational connection with another!!
It is a must-read for all teenagers new to this emotion!! A comprehensive introduction to love and everything connected to living and surviving this emotion!!
It should be on the school curriculum because it REALLY makes you think!!
And for a debut novel...!! The rave reviews say it all - a British talent to look out for!! I've had to download everything else available by this author!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bringer delivers!!, 2 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Bringer (Kindle Edition)
Ok I'm crap at writing reviews, but I have to write something just to say thank you to the author for writing a brilliant book (when I find one) and this is a brilliant book....

This is a story about a Bringer (an emotionless supernatural who delivers people who pass away to the gates of heaven). James, someone who she promised to 'check in on' while she was escorting his father Max to the gates when he passed away. Arlo another Bringer, and Isabel an Angel.

I loved this book, I loved the characters and the twists and turns in the book, it kept me hooked right to the last page.

This is such a good book which will make you smile, laugh, cry and best of all believe...

5.0 out of 5 stars Imaginative a nd Emotional, 20 July 2012
This review is from: The Bringer (Kindle Edition)
While I'm not normally a fan of christian mythos, I found this story to be an exception. And the reason for that is the main character, Lucyna, an angel who finds herself becoming embroiled in the human world. Lucyna is very powerful, yet is only through her relationship with James that she finds that the root of all of her power, and the greatest power in the universe, is love.

The book has a number of exquisitely executed plot twists, guaranteed to keep you turning the page. But what really holds you is the main character, as she learns that she is all too human.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, tender and loving., 7 May 2012
This review is from: The Bringer (Kindle Edition)
(Reviewed for The Erratic Reviewer)

This was a personal buy. I read this book last year, soon after it was released and found it truly beautiful. That's how I felt when I read it - beautiful. There's a sweetness and gentleness to it that was refreshing, despite all the crazy stuff that begins to happen. This was written in the first person, and either I'm getting better at reading first person POV, or writers are getting better at writing it. I certainly never used to be a fan of it, but it worked really well here. I really felt for the main character, Lucyna, all the way through, from her longings, her curiosity, her feelings of hurt and jealousy, to her anger. (But Lucyna's such a sweet girl that even her anger's kind of sweet too :))

James is a very realistically portrayed hero, and again, I felt it refreshing that we're not talking all superman-type musclebound, but a regular guy with a job and regular thoughts and urges. And the author did this without making him weak at all - he was still very sexy and it was obvious how much he began to feel for Lucyna.

I didn't see the big twist that happens about two thirds into the book - always a plus!

In short, this was a tender, loving story combining heaven and heavenly beings, with love, death, longings of the heart and soul, and a good plot that begins to unfold half way through the book. A beautiful read and highly recommended. It's the only book of Samantha's that I've read so far, but I'd definitely like to read more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brill!, 21 April 2012
Zoe (England, Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Bringer (Kindle Edition)
I read the first book by Samantha Towle, First Biten, which I absolutely loved so I thought I'd read her other book, The Bringer. I thought the storyline was great, I fell in love with the characters almost straight away. If you love supernatural fiction novels then this book is for you. I can't wait untl the author brings out her next book!! You won't be dissipointed if you read this book is definitely different from your everyday fiction novel!

4.0 out of 5 stars Love before and after death, 21 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Bringer (Kindle Edition)
Lucyana is a Bringer; one of a group of ethereal beings who escort the dead to the edge of Heaven.

But one day her bring asks her to look in on his son to make sure he is okay and Lucyana finds herself agreeing although she knows it breaks all the rules of what she is and does.

Lucyana finds herself aware of strong feelings that she can't explain or understand but bringers are not meant to feel. Her increasing feelings cause her to break important rules. These lead to jealousy, love and violent betrayal by someone she considered a friend.

Ms Towle has crafted a beautiful story about life death and love - both the powerfully protective and dangerously destructive varieties - which is brought to life through emotive and evocative description. It is a story that may require tissues as it provokes thought into what really happens after we die.

However I did note a few instances where words had been ommitted. I can't think of any specific examples but they are there and Ms Towle may wish to check carefully when revising but from one fellow writer to another I understand how easily these things get missed.

The Bringer