Published 9 months ago by Mr. D. K. Baxter

2.0 out of 5 stars Soft and inoffensive
Unexceptional.
Has its moments.
Good job it only cost me 2 squids.
Lasted a week on the mobile device before I hit the delete button.
2 and one half stars only.
And I'm feeling generous tonight.
Published 3 months ago by groucho

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been listening to electronic music of all forms for the last 25 years and this has to be up there amongst one of the best., 20 Aug. 2014
Mr. D. K. Baxter "HouseSpurs" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drone Logic (Audio CD)
It's been nearly a year since the albums release and having listened to it countless times since then I thought I'd post a little review, if only to echo the positive reviews this album already has. This really is a masterpiece of electronica. I've been listening to electronic music of all forms for the last 25 years and this has to be up there amongst one of the best. For me this easily sits along side the likes of Underworld, Slam, Fluke and of course The Chemical Brothers (from which in my opinion this album draws many similarities). Superbly produced and an epic collection of deep acid tweaks, driving beats, bass lines, filtered sounds, samples and vocals that creates a melodic, beautiful, atmospheric and moving sound, that is quite simply a joy to listen to. This album is an essential purchase for anyone who enjoys electronic music in any way shape or form, you won't be disappointed. My only concern … how will his next album improve on this!?

5.0 out of 5 stars Stand-out album, 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Drone Logic [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I was a latecomer to this, but it's likely to be my top music purchase in 2014. Avery has a knack of creating something that is both unique yet of a quality that lulls you into thinking it somehow familiar. Production values are terrific, no over-compression for the benefit of radio play, and the vinyl issue is the one to have if you have the replay equipment (and if you don't: drop me a line for help and advice!). More Of This Sort Of A Thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Drone Logic [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Such an amazing debut album! cant wait to hear more of his stuff. only problem was that the vinyl was warped when i got it

4.0 out of 5 stars A Positive Start, 29 Jan. 2014
M. J. Axtell "Jimmy Luxury" (Exeter) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drone Logic (Audio CD)
Daniel Avery is definitely the one to watch in electronic music. Considering I'm 32, my favourite artists of the day were the Chemical Brothers, Underworld, FSOL and Fluke. This album reminds me of those times, when electronic music was wonderful and new to me. With each listen I get a nostalgia trip back to early Leftfield, Aphex Twin and Luke Vibert, the analogue sounds just have that wonderful feel to them, especially as hearing them now feels like someone has hit the reset button. Good long tracks, too. The art of the long electro track is a dying art.

I thought I was suffering from Electro burnout, but its albums like this that make me remember why I love it so much. With artists like FlyLo, Lorn, Shigetto, Tobin, Jon Hopkins, Burial, and now Avery pumping quality albums out, electro is the place to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant genre-bending music, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Drone Logic (Audio CD)
Unlike most albums in the electronic music industry, this is actually brilliant to listen to from start to finish.

Influences range from Chemical Brothers, Erol Alkan, Andrew Weatherall and Underworld to give a hugely varied album but one that has a constant 'flow' to it. The first half of the album is mostly songs released already, and they tend to be the more club-friendly tracks. But the second half of the album is where the talent really starts to show. Tracks like Simulrec and New Energy (Live Through It) are somehow groovy yet beautiful.Other highlights are 'All I Need' and the closing track 'Knowing We'll Be Here'.

Fantastic album from someone who is growing in stature both as a DJ and a producer. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new Techno /electronica, 19 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Drone Logic (Audio CD)
A perfect mix of orbital and aphex twin pile driving beats and great atmosphere
it's the best new electronica for a very long time

5.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't disappointed. Best album I bought in, 13 Jan. 2015
A. Kerr - See all my reviews
This review is from: Drone Logic (Audio CD)
Stunning album. Purchased after nemone kept banging on about it on her 6music show. I wasn't disappointed. Best album I bought in 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A droning groove, 27 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Drone Logic (MP3 Download)
With suggestive elements from different sources, from Detroit to Underworld, this lp is a varied and immediately powerful groove from the first listen. Looking forward to further listenings as there's interesting depth and touches too.

5.0 out of 5 stars FLAWLESS! DELIGHTED WITH MY PURCHASE - GR8 VALUE - PROMPT DELIVERY - 5 STAR!!, 25 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Drone Logic (Audio CD)
FLAWLESS! DELIGHTED WITH MY PURCHASE - GR8 VALUE - PROMPT DELIVERY - 5 STAR!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chemical Brothers meets R&S Records meets Leftfield :), 9 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Drone Logic (MP3 Download)
Raw sounds and track 3 is the anthem of the month! REET GOOD LAD!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Drone Logic
Drone Logic by Daniel Avery (Audio CD - 2013)