4.0 out of 5 stars Sadie Dumus, a heroine with bite, 10 Aug 2013
S. Richards (Deep South) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Vampire Mine: 3 (Alpha and Omega) (Kindle Edition)
If you're looking for a kick-azz heroine, Sadie's your girl. She's a warrior vampire, tough and strong without being abrasive and mean. I've liked Sadie from the beginning, and she did not disappoint me here. An enforcer, she takes care of business and lets her skills do all the talking. And I hate to say it, but I think she's actually badder and tougher than Trey! And dare I say, Diskant, too. I mean, what was going on with them? Some low T? They talked a good game, but Sadie actually showed up to play. In my mind, Sadie was really the only one holding her own when it came crunch time, and those men were lucky she was even around. She totally kicked azz. I thought she was an awesome female lead. Brave and resolute, tough but caring and soft, too.

From book 2, you know just how Trey crushed Sadie's feelings. She was so hurt, and I was upset on her behalf over what he had said to her. I still liked Trey and was only waiting for his dumb, sexy self to see the light about the "leech" Sadie. After Sadie put him in his place, this Alpha werewolf realized just what he'd tossed aside, and in this book, he's determined to get her back. I was surprised at how sweet their romance felt at times. Trey turned out to be a hero with a tender side. The romance is super-sexy, with some really hot times (especially that erotic shower scene with the baby oil), but there was a sweet, loving feeling to this couple as well.

Sadie really needed Trey to step up and be the man, and I loved how he was so into her, really stuck on her, wanting her, needing her and only her. I think he really came through, showing her how important she was to him. I needed him to do that, because there's nothing worse than a hero who stakes a claim and then doesn't know how to treat his woman and show her value. Trey tells Sadie, "You're mine, baby. I warned you. I'm going to put my mark on you for the entire f-ing world to see." I enjoyed seeing him be growly and protective and in love. Sadie deserved some devotion from him.

There's plenty of action in this one, with several fight scenes, and while the action doesn't necessarily advance the storyline with the Shepherds, we instead get more revealed about the mage-vampire Aldon Frost. And I agree with the other reviewer about Ava and Mary. I could kind of see Ava's motivation, but Mary had a seriously WTF? moment. I really wanted my Sadie to punch that chick in her prissy nose. We see Caden Stone again in this story and get a glimmer of his potential love interest. We see Nathan again, Trey's Beta, and I have to say I felt so bad for this guy. I hope the author writes him something good. I'm worried about him. We also get a tease about what's in store for Kinsley MacGregor, the panther Alpha, but I have to say the Epilogue was maybe the most interesting of all.

There's a lot left for the author to do here, with the Shepherds, Ava's missing brother, Sadie's coven, the Fallen ... There's more to uncover, and maybe I'm left with more questions than answers, but I did enjoy reading Trey and Sadie's story. I'm invested in this series, and there was no way I wasn't seeing how Sadie would bring Trey to heel. I think VAMPIRE MINE continued the series in a good way-- some good action, some exciting fight scenes, seeing new and old characters, while at the same time keeping Trey and Sadie's story centered in the middle of it all. Their romance was sexy and sweet, hot and romantic. It does seem like a lot is happening, but I'm looking forward to seeing what develops for all these characters. I'll be reading the next book in the series.

book 1 Omega Mine
book 2 Enemy Mine: Alpha and Omega Series, Book 2
book 3 Vampire Mine

4.0 out of 5 stars SADIE VAMPIRE WARRIOR, 1 Sep 2013
L. Sims "Linda" (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Vampire Mine: 3 (Alpha and Omega) (Kindle Edition)
I was really looking forward to this book. I've been a Trey fan from the start. He and Sadie had had some interactions in the previous book. But he had been less than kind, and in fact he had let her down. Now he's determined to show her that he's all she needs. But Sadie Dumas is nobody's fool. She doesn't trust Trey. Circumstances force them together, and they end up at the Omega's house. Diskant is the Omega of New York a powerful shifter, he's mated to Ava a human, who has some powers of her own.

They arrive with Leigh a young vampire and Nathan Trey's beta. Trey's brother Emery and his Mate Mary also live in this enormous house. Diskant is none too pleased to have not one but two vampires staying. But there has been some new developments that could threaten not just them but the whole world. Plus there's the ever present danger from the Shepherds.

Trey is determined to show Sadie he can be everything she needs, his wolf is urging him to mark her and make her his. But he knows the real trouble lies ahead with convincing the rest of his pack, to accept his mate is a vampire. Sadie is definitely going to have to prove herself.

I liked this book, although there were things that I didn't like as well. Some of the characters were written differently, for instance Diskant seemed to now be taking orders from Ava, he was not the possessive, and bossy shifter from the previous books. As for Mary what was up with her, where did she get off criticising Sadie for being a vampire and not a shifter and Trey's destined mate. Has she forgotten she's a human and a Shepherd! Even Emery was completely different, I couldn't believe his attitude. As for Leigh crybaby! Get a grip. But for me the star of the show was Sadie, she was feisty brave, I loved her whole attitude to everything in this.
There were some action scenes that added to the drama. We also got to see more of Kinsley MacGregor, and Aldon Frost a mage vampire.
There were quite a few sub plots going on here as well, so it's impossible to tell who is going to feature in the next story. In fact in some ways a lot of this book felt like it was setting up future story lines. Which did make Trey and Sadie's relationship feel a bit rushed. But I will be reading the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd in the Alpha and Omega series, 27 Sep 2013
This review is from: Vampire Mine: 3 (Alpha and Omega) (Kindle Edition)
A great read. Trey and Sadies story although starts to give insights in to other stories as well.
Can't wait for the next one.

Vampire Mine: 3 (Alpha and Omega)
3.22