on 23 September 2013
This does just exactly what it says on the tin! Great fit. Fold over cover so that it can sit up, handy stick on to protect the screen and dinky pen to stop fingerprints on screen. And all this for £9.99!
on 31 August 2013
Great fitting case, fits my 2nd gen Nexus very snugly indeed. The back part of the cover fits well and has all the correct hole placings, such as the USB at the bottom & camera at the back to name a couple. Folding the cover up to use as a stand works well, in either the lower position or for the more upright position.

The front cover has the sleep/wake function which works well and if you fold the cover round the back of the case, it doesn't switch the unit off as described with some reviews of other covers. The cover stays shut with the magnet on the edge too.

The stylus which came with the package works very well indeed, I'm using it know to do the typing and it requires a very light touch. It's a nice size and weight to hold.

Not tried the screen cover yet, looks like it will have a glossy finish from where I've peeled the corner, but I'm sure this will be sufficient when I get round to putting it on.

All in all, great pricing for a good price, also recommend the seller as they provided some excellent customer service when I got in touch with them.
on 26 September 2013
My original case for the Nexus 2013 was bulky and made the buttons on the Nexus almost impossible to use as it slipped around in the case somewhat. This cover however solves both issues perfectly.

It's a very slim case, so it keeps the size of the Nexus down (doesn't turn it into a bulky book). The snap on design means that the Nexus fits perfectly onto the case and doesn't slip, allowing the buttons to be easily pushed.

I haven't encountered the issue regarding the strength of the magnet turning the Nexus off when the cover is folded around.
on 7 September 2013
Bought this case for my new Nexus 7 2nd Edition - I am very impressed with it.The tablet fits very nicely and the case feels great.Would have given it five stars but for the magnet strip on the flap, I feel it is abit wide and was afraid it would scratch the screen, so ended up removing it. I love the magnet built into the cover - turns on and off the tablet. Would recommend it.
on 21 May 2014
I found it difficult to keep control of the tablet with this design. When book reading, it keeps shifting within your grip, sometimes triggering tablet responses.
The Nexus tablet pops in with a satisfying fit, but I found myself with a faulty tablet, and needed to return it. I thought I was going to have to use a screwdriver as a lever, to get the tablet out of the case. This may put the tablet at risk, if not carefully done.

Very compact and space saving, with a good magnetic fastening, but this ability of the tablet to shift within your grasp, may make me think another design may be more desirable. But .....
I have the Mk1 Kindle, and the case for that is excellent, as it wraps over the edge of the tablet and provides excellent grip, but....
it also make access to the top of the screen almost impossible, for calling down email messages etc.

Seems you may have to compromise and choose the features most important to you.
on 20 May 2014
This is a very good fit for the Nexus, and it's good that it's so slimline, the tablet sits in it perfectly, if anything too tight as it's hard to remove. However, within a week one of the two closure magnets had fallen out and the other was cracked. When the first magnet fell out I glued it in and all was well. Now the other has fallen out and it is in two pieces (5 months on). I will do the same again. I combine it with a sleeve case as this would protect the screen and corners from knocks but not from bits and pieces getting under the cover or into the sockets.
on 13 January 2015
The magnetic catches broke away from the case after a short period of use. I received a replacement but the catches once again came loose so rather than send it back again I decided to glue them in myself. With this occurring twice it seems to be a manufacturing fault as the catches didn't appear to be secured firmly enough to the case.
review image
on 21 November 2013
The case itself looks nice... from the outside. The inside looks and feels like cardboard however and I don't like it much. The auto sleep magnet is very on off and sometimes doesn't work at all. The case is black, which I like, but the other magnet that holds it shut is blue, which ruins the premium look a bit. At least my tablet is safer now ^_^
on 9 January 2014
Received quite quickly, nicely packaged. Fits my new (December 2013) Nexus 7 absolutely perfectly and seems robustly made. No issues with magnet turning screen off when cover opened. Couple of small issues brought my rating down a little - no holding strap at back when open so still have to grip the unit with the hand and because of the added weight of the cover, this makes it even more uncomfortable, especially in landscape view. Will have to find a home made solution - ie vecro strap or similar. Small point but its so uncomfortable to hold for any length of time and causes cramp. Also, the cover doesn't seem to have any way of supporting the tablet standing up and opened, ie for viewing vids/films etc., meaning it has to be either laid flat on a table or hand held - again the cramp problem. Other tablet cases I've had always had a means of propping it up whilst open. Luckily I'm not planning to use it for viewing films or tv much but I'm sure there are those who will find this annoying. Otherwise a really nicely made case which is a perfect fit at a good price.
on 19 January 2014
As a light to moderate user of my Nexus 7, I was initially happy with this case. It's slim, feels good, fits perfectly, folds well and stays folded, and all the cut-outs were in the right places. The magnetic cover kept closed, and the screen turned on/off automatically, too. As an added bonus, I bought an Expower(TM) QI standard Wireless Charger for Google Nexus 5 and Google Nexus 7, and it charged my N7 up in the case.

However, after less than a months use I noticed that one of the 2 metal pieces the magnet holds on to close the close the case had come out and was, fortunately, sticking to the magnet. I popped it back in, closed the lid, opened it and out it came again. This happened about 3 times. Until I noticed that the case was cracked where the metal sat. Useless. One metal tag is not strong enough to hold the cover closed....

In my opinion, a design fault. The metal clips need to be wider at the bottom to stop them being pulled out. The case is too thin to effectively hold the clips in place, hence the cracking....

Sending back for a refund and trying another make.... Shame....