5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant cafetiere - quality product.
EDIT(2) 4/6/14: updating this review after 3 weeks use.

Ordered 2 of these. I got them from amazon.de as they were cheaper. The larger cafetiere seems to be out-of-stock on both Amazon UK and DE.

Published 7 months ago by Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars adequate
The cafetiere looks nice and keeps the coffee warm enough but it lets the grounds through into the coffee. The filter cannot be unscrewed to clean it either.
Published 6 months ago by sam

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant cafetiere - quality product., 10 May 2014
This review is from: Andrew James 1000ml Double Walled Stainless Steel Cafetiere Set With 2 Year Warranty, Includes Coffee Measuring Spoon With Bag Sealing Clip And Presentation Gift Box. High Quality 304 Grade Stainless Steel (Kitchen & Home)
EDIT(2) 4/6/14: updating this review after 3 weeks use.

Originally in my first review/post below, I said that I was not sure if I would have paid the full price. Well, I have changed my mind! I love this cafetiere. Not only does it look great, it is very functional and nicely designed. The cafetiere is robust too. It has a very large spout for pouring and the plunger mechanism works well and seems robust. Very easy to clean both the cafetiere body and the filter.

(I have also started to grind my coffee. I got a manual Hario burr grinder on Amazon. Having adjusted the grinder I have now got the grind right for this cafetiere. This means nicer coffee but also the grinded coffee is at the right size such that it doesn't escape through the filter.)

EDIT(1) 13/5/14: I received my first Andrew James cafetiere's yesterday so tested it out properly at breakfast this morning. I like it. First off it looks really good with the stainless steel. Seems to be well made - the main body of the cafetiere is nice & solid and has a large spout which makes for easy pouring of the coffee. The plunger part seems light but in comparsion to my glass type Bodum they are both similar. It will be interesting to see how over time the filter wears. The description from the manufacturer says product is suitable for commercial use which I can believe. They also say that the double wall of this cafetiere will keep your coffee warm for 1-2 hours. I would say more like 40 minutes. Anyways with a French Press the idea is to drink the coffee straight away or otherwise it keeps brewing making it stronger if left too long. (Another option: I have a thermal cover for my Bodem cafetiere - this fits on the Andrew James cafetiere so this could keep the coffee longer but would take away from the good looks of the stainless steel.)

Overall lovely cafetiere. The main reason I sought out a stainless steel cafetiere was that my glass Bodem cracked while putting hot water into it making my morning coffee. Then exploded all over the kitchen taking me ages to clean up. Never again glass.

As another reviewer said on a different product: "after all it is only a cafetiere"!!. Maybe so but I am glad I hunted this one down on amazon.de - I wouldn't have paid the full price on here though.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect one cup cafetiere, 26 Nov 2013
I have used this every day for several years. Perfect coffee, easy to clean, robust to take camping etc.
Essential to pre-heat the cafetiere with boiling water for a few minutes before making the coffee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality stainless steel cafetiere ,just what was ordered, 18 Nov 2013
Having sent our son back to uni I with our first stainless steel cafetiere we needed a replacement so that we could have hot coffee again! This was the least expensive of several double walled cafetieres on Amazon. It arrived in reasonable time, if you wanted it for a present it comes in a nice box with a fancy spoon. The cafetiere makes good coffee and keeps it warm for longer, excellent if the phone goes just as you've made a pot.The spoon is pretty useless to us but others might find it useful. All in all it is exactly what we needed at a good price. Daughter, buy your own!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspired purchase, 29 Oct 2013
Mrs. S. E. Johnson (Hastings UK) - See all my reviews
This cafetiere is fantastic. It is well made, looks good, keeps the coffee hot for over an hour and most importantly for me doesn't drip!(My previous one was so bad it had it be used on the draining board.) The price for all this is also incredible and the spoon cum bag sealer is very useful. I can't recommend it highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic buy, 22 Nov 2013
What a lovely quality gift set, will purchase more of them including one for myself! The quality of the product and the presentation is excellent I would recommend this to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never going back to glass Cafetiere's again., 20 Nov 2014
A marvelous find. Like many others, I've had issues with glass cafetiere's being a little too delicate for everyday use, so have made the switch to stainless steel, and am all the better for it.
This particular model is perfect for 2 v.large cups worth - and no sludge at the bottom of the cup each time.
The filter is very tight to the edges and therefore doesn't let anything through the sides.
highly recommended, but order via the manufacturers website. I got it for £17.99 & no delivery charge (works out £2 less than Amazon all things included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stylish., 19 Nov 2013
Good value for money. Very stylish and comes in a very nice box. Bought as a present so can't say how it performs yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Steel cafetiere, 26 April 2014
Very stylish exterior. It definitely keeps the coffee warmer for longer than my old glass cafetiere did. The coffee spoon and integrated clip to hold the coffee bag closed is a great idea.

3.0 out of 5 stars adequate, 2 Jun 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Sadly this does not keep coffee hot, 21 May 2014
This did not work. The pot became unbearably hot within seconds of pouring hot water into it so the insulation was useless. It also did not correspond with the illustration which leads one to believe that the body is brushed metal and the edge of the top polished. In fact the whole item is in polished metal. On the plus side there was no trouble in obtaining a full refund.