Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 5 March 2014
The first time I listened to this I couldn't work out if I liked it or not - the high falsetto harmonies mixed with the woozy sometimes-folky, sometimes-electronic music make for an interesting mix. I've always thought that the best albums don't have an immediate impact though...

Almost as soon as the album had finished, I had another listen, then another, simply trying to pin down my own opinion of the music. The melodies are sung in such a pure fashion, deceptively simple tunes really, but it draws you in and holds up well to, indeed rewards, repeat listens. Over the last few days I have found myself singing snippets of songs, eager to come back and listen to more.

At the time of writing, Asgeir has sold out the Union Chapel in London, and I can easily imagine this album becoming hugely popular in the coming months. Even if it doesn't, it's well worth just one play... just to see... it might be your new favourite album....
on 28 January 2014
If you do, Asgeir will not disappoint. 'In the silence' is part folk with an electronic twist thrown in for good measure ('King and Cross' is a great example).My favorite track is 'Was There Nothing?' although I also love 'Head in the Snow' with its strangely 'trippy' beat.
This is my first experience of Asgeir and it certainly wont be the last. A great album
on 30 January 2014
I simply love this album - every single track. The melodies are superb and I defy anyone who can stop their fingers or feet tapping to the drum beats. Brilliant!
on 12 February 2015
....more than I expected
on 18 November 2014
Great atmospheric album
on 17 February 2014
There's really is nothing like this out there. You need to get this record in your ears, I can now see why he's such a household name in is native iceland.
on 30 January 2014
It has a variable bit rate! Bloody hell you get better quality audio from iTunes! To make matters worse they make you download their awful Amazon music app.

I SHALL NEVER be using Amazon for MP3's EVER again.