5.0 out of 5 stars A compelling album.
The first time I listened to this I couldn't work out if I liked it or not - the high falsetto harmonies mixed with the woozy sometimes-folky, sometimes-electronic music make for an interesting mix. I've always thought that the best albums don't have an immediate impact though...

Published 9 months ago by Angus Reid

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY MP3 FROM AMAZON
It has a variable bit rate! Bloody hell you get better quality audio from iTunes! To make matters worse they make you download their awful Amazon music app.

I SHALL NEVER be using Amazon for MP3's EVER again.
Published 10 months ago by Mr. S. Elmes

5.0 out of 5 stars A compelling album., 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: In the Silence (MP3 Download)

Almost as soon as the album had finished, I had another listen, then another, simply trying to pin down my own opinion of the music. The melodies are sung in such a pure fashion, deceptively simple tunes really, but it draws you in and holds up well to, indeed rewards, repeat listens. Over the last few days I have found myself singing snippets of songs, eager to come back and listen to more.

At the time of writing, Asgeir has sold out the Union Chapel in London, and I can easily imagine this album becoming hugely popular in the coming months. Even if it doesn't, it's well worth just one play... just to see... it might be your new favourite album....

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible songwriting, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: In the Silence (MP3 Download)
There's really is nothing like this out there. You need to get this record in your ears, I can now see why he's such a household name in is native iceland.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a find!, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: In the Silence (MP3 Download)
I simply love this album - every single track. The melodies are superb and I defy anyone who can stop their fingers or feet tapping to the drum beats. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Fleet Foxes or Bon Iver?, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: In the Silence (MP3 Download)
If you do, Asgeir will not disappoint. 'In the silence' is part folk with an electronic twist thrown in for good measure ('King and Cross' is a great example).My favorite track is 'Was There Nothing?' although I also love 'Head in the Snow' with its strangely 'trippy' beat.
This is my first experience of Asgeir and it certainly wont be the last. A great album

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Nov 2014
Great atmospheric album

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY MP3 FROM AMAZON, 30 Jan 2014
Mr. S. Elmes "StevoElmo" (London/Leeds) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In the Silence (MP3 Download)

I SHALL NEVER be using Amazon for MP3's EVER again.

In the Silence