on 13 September 2013
fabulous bulbs low energy low watt perfect for my 4 wall lamps in conservatory, didn't want 4x40w equivalent bulbs blinding me, and bonus of these over ordinary energy saving bulbs is instant light no waiting for them to warm up to reach full brightness.
on 15 September 2013
good build quality, a brand often used by the trade, for a 5watt led bulb it's ideal for my needs and it produces a warm white light. no it's not as bright as a CF but then I didn't expect it to be.
on 23 November 2013
Excellent replacement for chandelier bulbs, right size and light output. Megaman are to be particuarly congratulated on their easy-to-open packaging.
on 9 October 2013
Very please with all 50 I purchased for my holiday cottages, they are perfect for our chandeliers and were at a very reasonable price point.
on 10 February 2014
This bulb does what it says, but for me it was too dim and too yellow.
With a consumption of 5W, I would expect more than 220 lumens, which I think gives about the same light as a 25W tungsten bulb.
So it's not that efficient.
I have a number Megaman lights (not this one), and they are OK, and are still working well after a year, so I expect this one to be reliable and have a long life.
44 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2014
This bulb works fine, but I have to say it looks a bit metallic and ugly compared with other LED bulbs that I have bought (including other Megaman bulbs). I probably should have caught on to this from the photo of the product - be aware of this if you are going to use it in a conspicuous location.
on 24 June 2014
These bulbs give a nice white light which is comparable to a 40W equivalent. The light is slightly more directional and perhaps not a full 360 degrees, but they still give a good spread.
on 23 February 2014
Candle bulbs are usually quite gentle but this one has an incredibly intense point source. Would probably be Ok in a frosted fitting but in an open one be prepared for harsh shadows.
on 16 April 2014
These bulbs satisfy the need to replace the standard filament bulbs and give a pleasant light, they are expected to be long lasting and mine are still OK.
on 4 November 2014
Doesn't give off as much light as I had hoped for, better off with the LED globe type

See one answered question