Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: MP3 DownloadChange

on 20 May 2013
Give this CD a go if you like any of Ellie Goulding's music. I enjoy listening to every single song on this album & play it over & over again. Fantastic.
on 29 June 2013
Excellent. Every song has meaning and Ellie sings with such feeling unique to her. Well done Ellie, I can't wait for your next album!
on 20 October 2013
I understand that artists record additional tracks during the time an album is in the chart, and have no doubt this album is a great collection but I do object when the additional track cannot be added to my original download unless I pay for them at the usual price. They should be made available at a reduced price if you have previously down loaded the album.
VINE VOICEon 19 October 2012
I loved Ellie Goulding from the minute she released her first single "Under the Sheets", and seeing her perform on her first small tour, I got the impression she was a shy girl who was yet to come out of her shell as an artist. The first album had a touch of a bedroom popstar about it - whilst it seemed quite raw and touching, it was basically a young girl pouring herself out with her guitar, with a good lashing of electronic production over the top. However, the new album is on a completely different scale. It is multi layered, souful and tribal at times, which gives a much more grandiose feel to the record. The standout tracks for me are 'My Blood' and 'Figure 8', which along with 'I Need Your Love' (with Calvin Harris) and the first single, 'Anything Could Happen', have definite potential to be big hits. 'I Know You Care' is so poignant for me that I actually find it hard to listen to.

There are occasional moments where I can imagine her really straining to hit some of the notes, but mostly the album really shows of her distinctive celtic-toned voice perfectly. The overall effect is an album which I can't stop listening to, and certain lyrics and melodies really stick in my head all day.

Of all the artists who have recently released a second album I had been desperate to hear (Mumford and Sons, Two Door Cinema Club, The Vaccines etc) I feel Ellie's is the one which shows she does not want to rest on her laurels, and is determined to push herself as an artist to create something which stands out.
on 9 November 2012
A very talented songwriter and singer, have been listening to this album all week in the car. Really love it and would recommend this album, its made my top playlist, one for the women I think or the thinking man.
on 28 October 2012
What a stunning follow up to her debut,this is something special.
The 12 album tracks are all well worth having on there,no filler. Interesting lyrics with music that tries something different,still clearly Ellie Goulding,but a nice new take on what she does. These songs are done in various styles such as sort of dance like,dreamy,mystical and spacey to name just some. It all sounds like something from another planet,really something unique. Her unusual vocals sound quite stunning on these sounds,clearly all put together by a team who know what they're doing. Stand out tracks for me are hard to pick out because i honestly love them all,some are still growing,but i'm going to be soon singing along to those too. It appears there are several versions of this brilliant album,i decided on the deluxe version which has the bonus tracks of I NEED YOUR LOVE (Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding)RITUAL,IN MY CITY,WITHOUT YOUR LOVE,HANGING ON (featuring Tinie Tempah) and LIGHTS (single edit). For me,the songs RITUAL and IN MY CITY are easily as good as the main album tracks. I was surprised to hear bad language on HANGING ON (featuring Tinie Tempah) considering the main album doesn't have any that i recall,but it doesn't really spoil it,it just seemed a bit odd to me.
I'd say go for this album,whichever edition you get,you're in for a treat.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 April 2014
Ellie Goulding is one of the best young female artists around today. She has such a raw emotion that she seems to effortlessly put into her songs.

First coming to my attention via a performance on a 'Radio One Live Lounge' compilation, I thought she sounded excellent and was eager to hear more.

'Halcyon Days', a re-issue and expended edition of her second album 'Halcyon' is full of beautiful tracks with good melodies. I don't really like the single 'Anything Can Happen' much despite it's success, but felt goosebumps as soon as I heard the opening song 'Don't Say A Word', followed by track number two: 'My Blood', which has an almost tribal essence to it. Even if I don't play the aforementioned single a great deal, I do enjoy the number one hit 'Burn' very much.

This new edition contains several more excellent tracks, including her lovely megahit 'How Long Will I Love You', which was written and recorded originally by The Waterboys, and 'Burn', a catchy and energetic pop song.

The material on 'Halcyon' is generally a good balance of folk and pop music, and Ellie has a haunting voice which I find very appealing. She is definitely in a higher league of talent compared to a lot of young girl singers out there.
on 27 October 2012
Halcyon is by far the best album of 2012, along with Taylor Swift's Red. I pre ordered the album as I am a massive Ellie Goulding fan and I loved the first single Anything Could Happen but after reading some reviews from fans I didn't no what to expect but after just one listen I knew they were all wrong, this album is something very special. Her voice is just amazing, calming and soothing and her song writing skills deserve worldwide show. It is nice to hear an album that someone has took there time on and haven't done what other singers do now a days, make an party themed album and fill it with auto tuned album filler songs, hope it does well and if it does they release another one in 6 months. The theme of the album is also very different but really amazing and there isn't a single album filler or a song that you won't like or skip past and you won't have to listen to the album loads of times to get used to start liking it. You should definitely buy this album. Well done Ellie, can't wait for the next album.

***Top 5 Tracks***
My Blood
Only You
Figure 8
Dead In The Water - I know I said 5 but I have to include this song
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 October 2012
Thought I'd give ellie a try after good reviews. When I first played the C.D. I thought I was listening to Pink Floyd on the opening track "Don't say a Word," however it eventually progressed into a more up beat feel with plenty of electronic synthesizers which I assume is marketed towards the younger age bracket which I think is a shame because there are some tracks where you can actually hear her voice when she's not screaming above the thumping base and electronic synthesizers.
"My Blood," "Hanging on," "Explosions," "Dead in the Water," and especially the beautiful "I Know you Care" I like a lot. So I suppose there is something on this album for everybody. Yes I'm glad I purchased this C.D. and who knows I may even get to like thumping base and elecronic synthesizers.
on 30 January 2014
I realise that most of the people criticising this album did so because most of the tracks are on earlier albums and I agree that this is shameless merchandising. However I am in the lucky position of not having any earlier albums and, as such, this one has proved excellent value and a good showcase of the development of Ellie Goulding over a more extended period. She is distinctive, versatile and a joy to listen to.