5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 30 Sep 2013
This review is from: Build Me Up From Bones (Audio CD)
Having seen Sarah Jarosz on the Transatlantic Sessions TV Series I realised what a fantastic talent she is. I then listened to her previous two albums and two be honest was a bit disappointed. Jarosz is brillian live, but I feel her previous two albums were a bit contrived and didn't showcase her brilliant talent. However, with this new album she has definitely relaxed much more into recording her own songs, and the addition of the other instrumentalists has transformed her recording style, and sounds "live". I could go through each song and say how great they are, but I suggest you listen to the samples and decide for yourself! I find this album incredibly easy to listen to, and must say that unlike some other folk albums, the quality of the tracks stays top-notch, right until the last track. A definite star in the rising - buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: Build Me Up From Bones (Audio CD)
Came upon this by accident. Simply wonderful, sublime songs and music. Now bought all three albums and booked to see here in Cardiff in July. Can't wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good album, 27 Nov 2013
Sid Nuncius (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Build Me Up From Bones (Audio CD)
This is a really good album. I liked it on first hearing, then found myself playing it regularly for a few weeks and it has really grown on me from there. These are songs with real musical merit and lyrical substance and they will endure in a way that many songs don't, I think.

I find it a little hard to categorize the music (which is probably a good thing).
There is a fine variety of material from the punchy and slightly spiky, like the opener Over The Edge, to the truly beautiful like the genuinely affecting love song Gone Too Soon. Sarah Jarosz is a fine musician and a very good singer, so the songs are excellently performed. She has a very good band and an excellent sense of how to arrange her songs, and the production is very well-judged and varied so the album never sounds samey and every track sounds fresh.

I would warmly recommend this album to anyone who likes a good song, well arranged and performed. For me it stands out from much of the mass of quite good Americana-ish music around at the moment. I think Sarah Janosz is a class act and I'll definitely be looking out for her work in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Nov 2013
New artist for me saw her on Transatlantic Sessions and really liked what I heard. So young and so much tallent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant stuff., 15 July 2014
This review is from: Build Me Up From Bones (Audio CD)
Ordered this after hearing Sarah on Bob Harris's BBC Radio 2 prog. Brilliant stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoy her sound, 28 July 2014
G. Campbell (UK) - See all my reviews
A very talented young lady...I enjoy her sound, her playing and her lyrics. Very tasty sidemen as well...well worth the listen.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... album - Jarosz seems to have a knack for good melodies and unusual themes/lyrics, 16 Aug 2014
A very enjoyable album - Jarosz seems to have a knack for good melodies and unusual themes/lyrics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: Build Me Up From Bones (Audio CD)
Brilliant, highly recommended, fast delivery

4.0 out of 5 stars Good CD, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Build Me Up From Bones (Audio CD)
Its good, but once I heard her sing a song on TV that was spine tingling, alas its not on this CD, & I don't know the name of the song!!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Build Me Up From Bones (Audio CD)
Also bought Songs up in her head, both albums are great easy listening, lovely folky tunes. Shame I did not know about her sooner

Build Me Up From Bones
Build Me Up From Bones by Sarah Jarosz (Audio CD - 2013)