5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing......
I'm not sure what film 'moiveman123' was watching, but it cannot have been this one. The action has been crow-barred in to this epic flick, which has, in my mind, catapulted the director, if not the actors, to bigger and better things.
Published 10 months ago by Tony

3.0 out of 5 stars Furious fun!
'Nick Fury - Agent of SHIELD' is an early 90's, made for TV movie, starring 'Baywatch' and 'Knight Rider' star David Hasselhoff in the title role.

Published 2 months ago by Chief.

3.0 out of 5 stars Furious fun!, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Nick Fury - Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D [DVD] (DVD)

Written by Stephen S.Goyer (of 'Dark Knight Rises' fame amongst many other famous works)the movie starts off with Fury retired and living in the wilderness, having been drummed out of SHIELD due to being deemed unecessary and lacking the diplomacy needed to operate in the post-Iron Curtain era of world politics, however when a resurgent HYDRA steals the corpse of Fury's nemesis, Baron Wolfgang Von Strucker, and the deadly bio-weapon, the 'Deaths Head' virus contained within it, the decision is made to invite Fury back to the agency in order to save the world once more.

The cast includes other famous SHIELD agents and support cast such as Timothy 'Dum Dum' Dugan, Clay Quartermain, Gabe Jones, Kate Neville, Alexander Pierce, Contessa Valentina De Fontain, Arnim Zola and Andrea and Werner Von Strucker. Theres also plenty of the kinds of crazy gadgets and equipment that were the mainstay of SHIELD related comic-books, including the helicarrier and life model decoys.

The acting is two dimensional at best - plenty of wide-eyed evil villains laughing uncontrollably and providing exposition for their nefarious plans, laboured fight-scenes full of kung-fu kicking and cringeworthy puns, and the special effects are pretty terrible - although perhaps indicative of the era and the shoe-string TV budgets of the time, but its still a fairly entertaining yarn of rabble-rousing, larger than life heroes fighting to save the day.

Hasselhoff also nails the title role of Nick Fury better than you might expect. He certainly fits the part physically - bestubbled, growling, gun-toting and cigar chomping as he is - but also manages to to quite effectively convey the image of an old fashioned cold war hero, with old fashioned values, struggling to deal with the number-crunchers and bean-counters that are now running his beloved agency.

Make no mistake, anyone expecting the kind of polish and style that weve become accustomned to with Marvels modern movies is going to be disappointed, but theres enough here for an afternoons worth of child-friendly light entertainment, and frankly the recent Agents of SHIELD tv series would have done well to have adopted a little more of the over the top action that is in abundance here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing......, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Nick Fury - Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D [DVD] (DVD)
In a haunting portrayal of Mr Fury, David Hasselhoff really bares his soul in a performance obviously missed by any awards panel. He pulls off the one liners with relative ease, and the mistakes are barely noticeable.
I'm sure even an actor of Samuel L Jackson's calibre, will have been nervous to pull on the suit after the Hoff.
Quite simply, this film must be seen to be believed. Ignore those who say that its a low budget pilot of a series that was immediately cancelled, because, although true, does not do justice to some of The Hoff's finest work.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Rubbish, A waste of space, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Nick Fury - Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D [DVD] (DVD)
I love all these sorts of films but this was absolute rubbish, actually I would have liked to say c**p but I don't suppose I can put that. I was really disappointed. When I buy these films my 2 sets of grandchildren usually grab them off me when I have watched them, but this one, they all said very uncomplimentary things about it and didn't watch it. Nick Fury is one of the central people in SHIELD and the Marvel franchise but this did nothing for SHIELD or Marvel - absolute tosh - I cannot give it no stars, there is nothing to do that with, but if I could, I would. I didn't watch more than half an hour of the film and that's half an hour of my life I cannot get back

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 1 Aug 2014
Stuart Bracken "dvd addict" (Eugene, OR USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nick Fury - Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D [DVD] (DVD)
As good as I remember it from TV, and considerably cheaper than US release.

5.0 out of 5 stars At Last Its Back !, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Nick Fury - Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D [DVD] (DVD)
This film is one of the most (unintentionally ?) funny films I have ever seen. I last saw this on TV and failed to tape it. It has been unavailable for years. Samuel L Jackson was pathetic in the role compared to this. One of the Hoffs best ever roles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
Smashing, sold as seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nick Fury - Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D [DVD], 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Nick Fury - Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D [DVD] (DVD)
Okay first off, people need to know this is off a TV Movie!

Send its fun fun fun, leave your brain at the door and enjoy the marvel ride :P

I love how it says the Ultimate Nick Fury - Really, the Ultimate Nick Fury (from the Ultimates comic book) is in the actual Avengers movie lol, confusing I know.

Anyways its a cool TV movie well worth buying with some popcorn, a real shame they only made one, but Marvel wasn't into Live TV series back then... heck only since Disney took over have we got Marvel back on are TV screens in its Live Action glory form... Talking about Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D which has no connection with this movie what so ever, sorta lol.

Awesome series tho, oh and did I say... BUY THIS DVD! ; D

P.S. Whats wrong with Blu-Ray though? Its the Blu-Ray age!

3.0 out of 5 stars no masterpiece, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Nick Fury - Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D [DVD] (DVD)
this tv movie is no masterpiece, the acting is so bad (especially sandra hess who plays viper) its a joke, i mean the hoff is by far the best actor, even he's average at best, dum dum dugan dosent have his trademark bowler hat and moustache, baron wolfgang von strucker is way too old, like 100 or something, the plot is weak and the CGI is awfull, even for the 90's, this is so bad in so many ways yet i found it realy enjoyable, in a cheesy way, this film is so bad its good (and thats rare), a bit like the 1989 punisher film, i bought this co complete my marvel movie collection, i suggest you only buy this if you are a huge marvel fan,

5.0 out of 5 stars Stan Lee ...., 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Nick Fury - Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D [DVD] (DVD)
....said the Hoff is Fury - and i agree his best role ever (and i don`t like the guy) only problem for me ....it`s 4.3 NOT 16.9 stated on the box !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 23 Aug 2014
An oldie but gold

Nick Fury - Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D [DVD]
Nick Fury - Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D [DVD] by David Hasselhoff (DVD - 2014)
8.64