5.0 out of 5 stars You will never look at your grandma's knitting needle the same!
Well, this is my first venture into the deranged mind of Warren Rome, and i must say it really tickled my fancy. I loved the fact that it switched from modern day to the past to explain why we have such a fruitcake on our hands. I loved all the brutality and swearing, after all horror these days is more like that. Gone are the days of Mary Whitehouse (thank God) and we...
Published 7 months ago by Mr. L. Legrove

3.0 out of 5 stars just hate unfinished endings
A well written book to a point and also a story within a story but all is unfortunately let down by an unfinished ending leaving me with a feeling of disappointment
Published 6 months ago by Neil

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful in every respect, 13 Dec 2013
This review is from: Glory Hole (Kindle Edition)
I was stunned by how unbelievably badly written this book was. I started to think that it must have been written by a 17 year old who had rarely left his bedroom since he was 14. The author seemed to have little or no knowledge the structure of police services, human anatomy or how people act in 'real life' (as opposed to the fantasy the author seems to have about how women behave sexually). As several other reviewers have reported, I too gave up on this book after several chapters. It beggars belief that a publisher would accept this book and publish it without editing out the plot inconsistencies. I cannot imagine how this drivel was expected to make money. Even though it is free it is still grossly over-priced.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: Glory Hole (Kindle Edition)
This is one of the worst books I have had the misfortune to download and try and read. I only got past the prologue and into chapter one before I gave up. It is nothing but foulmouthed rubbish and makes me wonder about the mentality of a person who could write such trash.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst book I have ever (partially) read!, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Glory Hole (Kindle Edition)
This book is absolutely terrible. I would normally read to the end of a book but I couldn't face any more of this garbage and binned it 5-6 chapters in. I wouldn't even rate it at 1 star but there's no option for zero!

2.0 out of 5 stars Should carry a language warning!, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Glory Hole (Kindle Edition)
I like thrillers, I like detective stories in fact, I would go so far as to say I am a crime, mystery and thriller fan but unfortunately, however good the story in this book is, after reading what the screen says is 6% I can not read any more.

I can swear with the best of people - bu**er, bl**dy and similar - but I draw the line at the 'f' word, the 'c' word and a certain 'b' word and find it really rubs me the wrong way when people insist on using these words to enhance whatever it is they are saying. I am no shrinking violet nor am I a prude however, what I am is very nearly sixty and I have seen a lot and done a lot but what I can not and will not tolerate or condone is the use of these words by anyone for whatever reason, as my personal thoughts are that they are not necessary.

For an author to have to use one or on occasions, both of these words on every single page I find truly insulting as, in my opinion, any author worth reading, should know and be able to use other words that are just as descriptive and which do not offend.

What I find even more obnoxious is that, in the majority of cases, these words are uttered by a female who is also a policewoman and I find that downright offensive as no female that I know whatever their profession uses language like this as often as depicted in the small percentage that I read no matter what the circumstance.

I know there are books that I have read which do contain perhaps the odd (and by this I mean once or twice) use of this word but never before have I started to read a book which contains it so many times and whether this decreases as the book continues further into the story, I do not know nor do I have any intention of finding out as it is now deleted off my kindle and also my library.

Maybe I have missed reading an excellent book but I doubt it very much.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Glory Hole (Kindle Edition)
I am sorry, but in my opinion this book is rubbish.
From the beginning I did not enjoy it but decided to persevere (what a mistake). The brutal serial killer was still free and book ended with another dead body. Sorry if that spoils it for new readers, but it could save you a lot of wasted time.
It could be that the unsatisfactory end was designed to encourage me to purchase a possible follow on, but I won't bother.
I have only given it one star because the book was free and, therefore, almost worth it's purchase price.

1.0 out of 5 stars got bored, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Glory Hole (Kindle Edition)
gave up on this. beginning is good then goes downhill very fast. the violence is over the top and the charactes are unrealistic

1.0 out of 5 stars absolutely awful, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Glory Hole (Kindle Edition)
This is a horrible book. The language is disgusting and the content is revolting and a bit unrealistic. Usually once I have started a book I will finish it no mater what, but the language is really bad (& like every second word) and unnecessary. I tried ignoring it by passing over the foul words but unfortunately I had to call a halt at 7% or chapter 3. I do not recommend it at all and the only reason I gave it one star, is because I could not rate it lower. I am so glad I did not pay for this book. Give it a wide berth everybody.

Glory Hole