5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as a personal trainer
I've had Polar products before and they're always reliable and well designed.

Published 24 months ago by Ian Wright

1.0 out of 5 stars My FT60 lasted less than 4 months
It's not the first time I've had problems with a Polar HRM. However I purchased the FT60 in January 2014 and by April I was having problems. Basically it starts a gym session/bike ride ok, but within half an hour it stops sensing my heart rate (as far as I can tell I've still got one) showing - -. I clean the watch and the transmitter as recommended in the manual. As I...
Published 7 months ago by Peter Crane

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as a personal trainer, 28 Dec 2012
Ian Wright (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
I've had Polar products before and they're always reliable and well designed.

I chose this watch as I wanted to use the HR monitor to guide my training not just monitor it. The watch has built in training programmes, it calculates your optimal heart rate zones, and gives you continuous feedback about your training zones. Using this I'm training smarter rather than harder, and feel better for it. No longer do I have sessions where I quit half way through, because if I do what the watch says I'm training intelligently rather than over-doing it. I honestly think that for years I've been going at it too hard and consequently training my anaerobic metabolism rather than building a sound aerobic base.

Apart from that the watch looks good and can be used as an everyday timepiece. There are 2 or 3 versions available though - I hear that the one with the red screen can be difficult to read. I didn't get that one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your own personal trainer, 8 Feb 2014
Love this watch, really helps keep your training on track and monitors your progress. Monday mornings are always a great time when your watch rewards you if you have done well. The settings and data information take a little getting used to but once you have found your way around the watch you will be comparing your weekly prorgress.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good general purpose hrm, 3 Oct 2014
My main sporting activities are road and mtb cycling and circuit training. Have now used it twice on the bikes and three times at circuits and got used to the workings. It is not complicated like the high end Garmins and Polars, which were really beyond me and seemed too focused on triathlons. The watch has clear readouts. Does just what I want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014
great stuff, just as expected

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 10 May 2014
Purchased to replace my Polar Coach watch which has died after 14 years of constant use. Very pleased with the functions and build quality of the FT60 as I did not fully use all those on the previous model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for its use, 20 April 2014
Excellent piece of equipment for keeping fit. Checks heart rate and gives results on your training. The Link to the Polar website is very good. Takes a bit of getting used to! However, with patience studying the instructions on line it all falls into place. I would highly recommend this watch to anyone serious about training to get fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch, 8 April 2014
Mr David Waring (Leek, Staffordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I've had this for a few months now and love it. Just wanted a watch to keep track of heart rate and use of the polar website to help in improving fitness and losing weight.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good support too, 3 Sep 2014
Had this now for a month and does everything it says it should. Good support too. I have worn it for swimming also and it works well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really happy, 30 Aug 2014
Great piece of kit. Really helps to see what is going on during training and allows you to adjust to train in the correct HR zones.

5.0 out of 5 stars polar, 20 Jan 2013
Just what i was looking for keep s track of my fitness brill watch . I cycle a lot so i can see how my performance improves

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›