5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as a personal trainer
I've had Polar products before and they're always reliable and well designed.

Published on 28 Dec. 2012 by Ian Wright

Published 1 month ago by A. Cresswell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as a personal trainer, 28 Dec. 2012
Ian Wright (Isle of Man) - See all my reviews
I've had Polar products before and they're always reliable and well designed.

I chose this watch as I wanted to use the HR monitor to guide my training not just monitor it. The watch has built in training programmes, it calculates your optimal heart rate zones, and gives you continuous feedback about your training zones. Using this I'm training smarter rather than harder, and feel better for it. No longer do I have sessions where I quit half way through, because if I do what the watch says I'm training intelligently rather than over-doing it. I honestly think that for years I've been going at it too hard and consequently training my anaerobic metabolism rather than building a sound aerobic base.

Apart from that the watch looks good and can be used as an everyday timepiece. There are 2 or 3 versions available though - I hear that the one with the red screen can be difficult to read. I didn't get that one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your own personal trainer, 8 Feb. 2014
Love this watch, really helps keep your training on track and monitors your progress. Monday mornings are always a great time when your watch rewards you if you have done well. The settings and data information take a little getting used to but once you have found your way around the watch you will be comparing your weekly prorgress.

2.0 out of 5 stars Think carefully about what you need. This watch is missing a lot that you need to buy as an accessory., 26 Feb. 2015
A. Cresswell "Bubblefish777 - Born again Diver" (london, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I initially bought this for my wife and was dissapointed very quickly. For the price there's a lot of other things you need to consider to get the watch and system I was after. If you want a Heart Rate then you need a chest strap. If you want GPS you have to buy that Add-On as well. Finally you also need to buy a flow connector plate called a Polar Flowlink. All in all the costs start adding up and it's not that great an integrated system which is a shame because given some of the watches that are coming this year this sort of thing is soon going to lose market share.

Ultimately once I had assessed everything I realised I'd be better off with a M400 GPS watch that has it all built in and more functionality. I bought that and returned this and the flowlink etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good general purpose hrm, 3 Oct. 2014
My main sporting activities are road and mtb cycling and circuit training. Have now used it twice on the bikes and three times at circuits and got used to the workings. It is not complicated like the high end Garmins and Polars, which were really beyond me and seemed too focused on triathlons. The watch has clear readouts. Does just what I want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Polar Obsession - love this product, 16 Aug. 2014
Fantastic product! I love polar heart rate monitors. For full details how to use this watch, you can see my video review on YouTube under my channel SimonaReview.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good support too, 3 Sept. 2014
Had this now for a month and does everything it says it should. Good support too. I have worn it for swimming also and it works well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for its use, 20 April 2014
Excellent piece of equipment for keeping fit. Checks heart rate and gives results on your training. The Link to the Polar website is very good. Takes a bit of getting used to! However, with patience studying the instructions on line it all falls into place. I would highly recommend this watch to anyone serious about training to get fit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great HRT, 28 Nov. 2014
Great work this was my second polar HT and works well

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 9 Oct. 2014
Brilliant I love this HR monitor, looks lovely too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 10 May 2014
Purchased to replace my Polar Coach watch which has died after 14 years of constant use. Very pleased with the functions and build quality of the FT60 as I did not fully use all those on the previous model.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›