on 22 January 2014
I love the album , a real mix of smooth music ( Emeli Sande ) with great poetry and rapping combos . Listen to the story-line lyrics about the hotel and its guests , so cleaver and meaningful . I just wonder where track 4 fits in with this quality story-line , its just a mashup of bad language from wiz Khalifa , a real shame it had to be included . Well Mr Khalifa I have deleted your track from my album so that I can enjoy the quality without your abusive language. Lots of guest appearances from lots of top artists like Ed Sheeran , Emeli and George the poet. Buy It !!
on 28 August 2013
Well after playing Rudimental non stop since I bought it I was really surprised to find this album as addictive as Home,I am 57 and grew up when the best music was around and I am happy to say that I think we have finally turned the corner and have totally smashed it with this album,I am so excited about the future if music is going in this direction,awesome
on 2 September 2013
I purchased the album today so I thought I would give you guys a rundown of what it is like song by song :)
* Act I - Quick intro, speaking, not much to say about it, not really a song
* Welcome to Cabana - Great mix of a clean rap by Tinie Tempah with a great beat, and the amazing voice of Emile Sande, again quite a short song
* Wonder - Really catchy song, quite upbeat and gets your foot tapping, slightly different to the songs Emile Sanda usually sings in and I think it makes a nice change
* Think About It - Its an okay song, not really one of my favourite, a bit simple and not too catchy, cool rap by Wiz Khalifa but there is nothing special about this song
* Hollywood - This song starts off pretty slow but it picks up well into a great song, great rhythm and sounds great
* Act II - Another talking bit, again not much to say
* La La La - This is like my favourite song of all time! Its so catchy, amazing and just wow! Its the reason I bought the album, its such a good song!
* One Way - I wasn't expecting this song to be that good but I was really surprised. It is actually a great song, strong message behind it and a great mixture of rap and the voice of Maiday. This is one of my favourite songs on the album, very good
* Pluto - I love Emeli Sande and Wretch 32 and its an amazing rhythm and everything, the lyrics don't make that much sense, but the song sounds so good that I don't even mind, a an awesome quite beat in the background
* So Strong - I think the song is just pretty average, its the kind of song a lot of people would like but personally I just think its quite good, although the music by Naughty Boy is amazing
* No One's Here to Sleep - Its a really slow song and not very upbeat, sort of a winter song, but its an amazing song. I love Bastille and so glad he is on the album, if you have listened to the Bastille album you will clearly recognise the style of Bastille
* Lifted - A great song, another with Emile Sande and personally I think Naughty Boy and Emile Sande work so well together, another great single that has been put in the album, a really nice song
* Top Floor - Ed Sheeran is an awesome song, this song is so typical of him and if you like Ed Sheeran you will love this song song too. For me its perfect and one of the best on the album, only complaint is it should be longer ;)
* Epilogue - Just another bit of talking to end the track, sorta sums up the idea behind the CD
---------Bonus Tracks -----------
* Never Be Your Woman - I won't lie here, I think this is a really weak song and just doesn't have much going for it, I don't like the lyrics, rhythm, beat or singer to be honest
* Daddy - Pretty dang typical of a remix, doesn't make much sense at all coz its remixed badly if you ask me
* Get Lucky - Its slower than the original and more expression behind the vocals, I actually really like this, more than the original, which I already like, but slower and more expressive
* Lifted (with Professor Green) - No different from the original apart from with a little bit of rap from Professor Green, I don't think it adds that much to the song, but it definitely doesn't take away from it :)
To be honest I actually love this album, its really great and an amazing mix of singing but every singer and song all work in the album. Its like they all give their own perspective on things and I just think its this album's charm. Its got some stunning songs on it as well, and although everyone won't like every song on there, there are lots of songs on there for people, its definitely worth the money to buy it. I think this should keep me going for a long time because of the great variety. A great buy! (^_^)
on 20 November 2013
I picked up the CD for a few tracks as I didn't want to get the compressed to hell MP3's. Having played this several times now it grows on me more and more. A great selection of music, well produced with a wide variety of sounds and styles. (Was FLAC'ed the same day).
My favourite by a country mile is the cover of 'Get Lucky' with Tanika on vocals. Her voice is glorious, when she grows in volume and pitch it doesn't get scratchy or strained. The track has lazy summer chillout at 3am on a neon lit strip written all over it. (Also a good track to make love to).
This CD release would be amazing as a 45rpm 180g vinyl special edition.
on 30 August 2013
Was looking forward to this album for a while and it did not disappoint. Naughty Boy has an incredible sound and I find the theme of the album and the links between the tracks refreshing and very modern. Anyone who features on each song seems like they are there for a reason, and each bring something different to the album, not just a name drop etc. I can easily listen to this album on repeat and not get bored, I find that each time I listen to it I get more out of it. Brilliant, well worth the buy :)
on 6 November 2013
Naughty Boy is an inspiration, he just loves what he's doing & it shows. From the looks of it, he isn't going to run out of steam any time soon. I'm looking forward to following his career. He has a very unique approach to production, influenced by his Asian heritage, his music is very progressive albeit not over done. Bollywood have a tendency to over produce, but Naughty Boy has found the perfect blend, everything is just right- not too much or too little, something of perfection.
on 25 September 2013
A great concept album with the star track being La, la, la. but don't expect the rest of the album to follow this format. Nevertheless the are some great tracks to listen to including the Daft Punk "get Lucky" version by Tanika, "Lifted" by Emelie Sande, "Hollywood" by Gabrielle and much, much more. This album needs to "listened too to really appreciate it because not all tacks are "instant"