5.0 out of 5 stars Naughty Boy you should have gone without the Wiz
Published 11 months ago by average mike

3.0 out of 5 stars First impressions
Most of album not as expected - too much rapping. Only a couple of nice sing a long songs. Arrived ealier than expected.
Published 16 months ago by Beannie

5.0 out of 5 stars Naughty Boy you should have gone without the Wiz, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: Hotel Cabana [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
I love the album , a real mix of smooth music ( Emeli Sande ) with great poetry and rapping combos . Listen to the story-line lyrics about the hotel and its guests , so cleaver and meaningful . I just wonder where track 4 fits in with this quality story-line , its just a mashup of bad language from wiz Khalifa , a real shame it had to be included . Well Mr Khalifa I have deleted your track from my album so that I can enjoy the quality without your abusive language. Lots of guest appearances from lots of top artists like Ed Sheeran , Emeli and George the poet. Buy It !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I hoped for, 28 Aug 2013
R. Hempsall (Lncolnshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hotel Cabana (Audio CD)
Well after playing Rudimental non stop since I bought it I was really surprised to find this album as addictive as Home,I am 57 and grew up when the best music was around and I am happy to say that I think we have finally turned the corner and have totally smashed it with this album,I am so excited about the future if music is going in this direction,awesome

4.0 out of 5 stars "I'm not trying to be famous. I'm just trying to be known for making music", 27 Aug 2013
Amazon Customer (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Hotel Cabana is the début studio album by British producer 'Naughty Boy'.

Having quit university to follow his dreams of music production, Shahid Kahn cuts a modest and unassuming figure. Perhaps it was his humble approach that warmed the Prince's Trust to offer him a grant in 2006. In his own words: "The biggest thing I did was take a risk. If you take a risk in something you believe in, it can pay off". It also helps to have a bit of luck along the way; in that same year Shahid took home £44,000 on Deal or No Deal, money that allowed him to eventually progress out of his parent's garden shed and into a proper studio in Ealing. Kahn's move into the spotlight came when he co-wrote and produced Chipmunk's 'Diamond Rings' in 2009 which featured the then unknown Emeli Sandé. He then became the unsung hero of production behind her début hit album.

Ironically, Hotel Cabana is a concept album that deals with the pitfalls of fame and stardom.

Kahn's endeavour to "direct" this towards Hotel-California-type imagery speaks of the producers ambition and desire for the peculiar and unique; this will be something that stands him in good stead for the future. Ultimately however the individual tracks stand out on their own more powerfully than together as a concept; manifested by the success of 'Wonder', 'Never Be Your Woman' and the infectious 'La La La' (now the best-selling track by a British artist this year)

'Hotel Cabana' is a (mostly) UK infused conveyor belt of singles; each one (aside from the shorter concept tracks) worthy and capable of chart success. Naughty Boy's production is refined and well articulated - radio-friendly but quirky. A surprise release and a highly enjoyable record if not necessarily profound in its philanthropic intentions.

Forthcoming single 'Think About It (feat. Wiz Khalifa & Ella Eyre)' is the highlight alongside the fabulous 'Lifted'. If you like what you have heard so far from Naughty Boy this album will not disappoint you. It's also an unambiguous purchase for any followers of Emeli Sandé who appears on a third of the album.

Listen To: 'Wonder', 'Lifted', 'Think About It', 'La La La', 'Pluto', 'Never Be Your Woman'

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth the wait, 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Hotel Cabana (Audio CD)
Was looking forward to this album for a while and it did not disappoint. Naughty Boy has an incredible sound and I find the theme of the album and the links between the tracks refreshing and very modern. Anyone who features on each song seems like they are there for a reason, and each bring something different to the album, not just a name drop etc. I can easily listen to this album on repeat and not get bored, I find that each time I listen to it I get more out of it. Brilliant, well worth the buy :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Misses few amazing tracks, 23 Nov 2014
M. Karva "Alexandra" (Slovakia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hotel Cabana (Audio CD)
I have to say I knew the whole album before buying and decided to have one copy cause I consider Naughty Boy one of the greatest artists of this era. However I was a bit disappointed as this version does not include my most favourite songs Home and Never been the same and Pardon me. My fault, should have read the ttack list carefully but I would just never thought that these tracks are only on the us version. Such a shame. :( This version is a great album but lacks that 'creme de la creme'.

5.0 out of 5 stars hotel cd, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Hotel Cabana (Audio CD)
yes it is good cd plenty nice songs glad i chose this came very quicklyi would recommend this to any one

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent eclectic mix, 1 Jun 2014
Michael J. Law "eurolease" (Teulada Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hotel Cabana (Audio CD)
My test of a good album is whether I actually still play it after a week or two. This is a brilliant album following in the footsteps of Rudimental & "Home". A concept album that could have been cheesy, but isn't. Worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars MAGNIFICENT CD, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Hotel Cabana (Audio CD)
MY FAVOURITE ALBUM OF LAST YEAR, THE PRODUCTION IS SECOND TO NONE THE MIXING, RHYMES AND LYRICS ARE SUPERB, LA LA LA SHOULD BE SINGLE OF THE YEAR SAM SMITHS VOCALS ARE TOP NOTCH AND THE LYRICS REFLECT A LOT OF MODERN DAY RELATIONSHIPS - SUPERB. I CANNOT WAIT TO HEAR MORE FROM THIS PRODUCER/ARTIST

5.0 out of 5 stars one song, but ended up loving the whole album., 14 May 2014
This review is from: Hotel Cabana (Audio CD)
i didnt realise, how meny tracks, i knew, before a bought this cd. so it was a great suprise for me, only realy bought it for

5.0 out of 5 stars exellent album., 22 April 2014
Ms. J. Bytheway (Bournemouth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hotel Cabana (Audio CD)
More like a story but with top notch artists, this album flows well, I came across it by accident looking for the sam smith album and I am glad I did has have really enjoyed this and all its tracks.

Hotel Cabana [Explicit]