Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Audio CD|Change

First I was afraid, I was petrified. Wondering if melodic rock was going to change my life. Well, it bloody well wouldn't if I'd been holding my breath waiting for a new Seventh Key album! Nine years ago it was. Gits.

But here we finally have the follow up to "The Raging Fire", which came out in 2004. I would say it was worth the wait, but nothing, short of Sandra Bullock, is worth waiting that long for. However, Mike Slamer of City Boy and Billy Greer of Kansas have put together a really excellent album.

There's no Terry Brock this time (apart from on backing vocals), but Greer does a good job. Of course Slamer and Greer have been working together since the days of Streets, with Greer holding down a job in Kansas as well, and this is very much a combination of the two. Plenty of melodicism, some seventies organ sounds and a swathe of prog. Yum. Granted, there are more guitars than you would get in a Kansas album, but that's fine with me. However, with Kansas violinist David Ragsdale popping in now and then, the prog is never too far away.

There are no bum tracks here, so it's hard to pick out winners, but if pushed I'd go for 'It's Just A State Of Mind', 'Love Sets You Free' and the balladic 'What's Love Supposed To Be'. An absolute gem.
on 15 November 2013
I have enjoyed Kansas' music over the years in their various lineups. I also find it quite interesting when band member{s} take a break from their "day" jobs due to whatever reason and try other projects. Think of Steve Walsh's "Streets' and they were 2 remarkable albums that had a lot of "Power". and a one off "King Biscuit Flower Hour"a killer live album. A few years later it's Billy Greer's turn to form a new band outside of "Kansas" and to my surprise all three, and that includes the new one are all outstanding slabs of aor perfection, stunning production, brilliant songs. The only downside "I Will Survive" took 9 years, but gee was it worth it, you betcha.
on 7 February 2014
AOR at its best, so many new albums these days are disappointing but not this one. You can here the Kansas influence in this one more than the previous ones. Keep up the good work Seventh Key.
on 29 December 2013
This new CD did NOT !! Dissapoint at all , excellent clever songs ..... Brilliant stuff indeed .
I recomend this to all Melodic rock Lovers.
on 5 December 2013
After I heard the last cd, I was hoping this one should be as good as the last one..I was surprised: it was much better
on 1 May 2014
COULD BE SENDT A BIT QUICKER OTHERWISE IN A PERECT JEWEL CASE . CD IS MORE PROGRESSIVE THAN THE PREVIOUS ONE...AND SLAMER ALWAYS PRESENT IN THE RIGHT TIME WITH THE GREAT RIFFS ANS SOLOS ON IT. HE AND BILLY ARE MADE TO WORK TOGETHER...BUT I'M STILL WAITING FOR A NEW SLAMER RECORD...IT DOESN'T COME ...? HERE WE FEEL THE KANSAS INFLUENCE. COOL TOO !
on 16 March 2014
Now I'm a massive fan of KANSAS...so when this album came out I thought I must have it! A beautiful album full of melody..superbly produced...I See You There..brilliant! Time and Time Again...epic...When Love's Supposed To Be..oh my WHAT a ballad!! The harmonies are simply incredible....this must be up for AOR album of the year!!
on 10 March 2015