4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money
I used this item as soon as I received it which was within about 3 days of ordering. I made vanilla ice cream as directed in booklet - it tasted fantastic. Would recommend.
Published 11 months ago by Ms Maryann Joshua

1.0 out of 5 stars Total rubbish
Published 1 month ago by Kaz B

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: Professional Ice Cream, sorbet, Italian Gelato and frozen yoghurt Maker Machine 1.5 Litre Homemade Delicious Gourmet Desserts (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars just brilliant, excellent ice cream, highly recommended, 9 Sep 2013
Just freeze the bowl beforehand, quick and simple to use, good instructions, excellent ice cream, the children simply love it. Nice and compact machine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total rubbish, 24 Jun 2014
I can't see how others have given this machine good reviews, I have been making ice cream and sorbets in a machine for years, so decided this year to buy myself a second machine, it was in my freezer for 24 hours and I used a tried and tested (many, many times) fool proof recipe, at the 30 minute mark you could clearly see nothing had happened at 45 minutes, it came out as slightly chilled slop. in fact I believe it was warmer when it came out, than when it went in and runnier and the bowl was still cold but you could hear it was defrosted, total waste of money, AVOID at all costs

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked, 22 Oct 2013
Taken to making my own ice cream and it's lovely. Easy to use and looks nice too and does what it says on tin

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value., 2 April 2014
For the 17 I paid this product is great. The bowl fits perfectly in my freezer. Going by the detailed measurements it shouldn't fit in two of my freezer drawers but it does, so I think they've added a cm to the height for safety.

So far I've only tried using Greek yoghurt but it works wonderfully. I'm yet to see it automatically change direction of the paddles, but it's not really a problem. The frozen bowl stays cold for a long time so you have time to make it without rushing, but I wish the hole to add ingredients wasn't so tiny. If you're using a thick mixture it is a bit annoying having to teaspoon it in.

It would be nice if we could get spare bowls, because once you've made a flavour you have to wait for the bowl to thaw so you can clean it, and then you have to refreeze it to use it again. But I think that's just my greed getting the better of me.

3.0 out of 5 stars ice cream maker, 20 Sep 2013
Kym Thomson - See all my reviews
Slightly disappointing. Bought and followed one of the recipes for frozen yoghurt. Says it should be frozen within 15 and 30 mins, after 45 minutes we gave up and put the contents in the freezer. Fingers crossed it will be better when following other recipes.

3.0 out of 5 stars lce cream mmmmmm., 22 Jun 2014
Not bad for the price. Makes nice ice cream just not enough, well I am a pig. Good buy. Nice presy

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for making Ben and Jerry's..., 23 April 2014
I bought this Ice Cream maker a while back. I don't particularly like buying conventional gifts so for valentines day, I bought this for my partner and she loves it. It is so easy to use and as long as you have followed the instructions like freeze the bowl (I just keep mine in the freezer, it's so much easier) and freeze your ingredients (i.e. fruit, as it is already frozen it doesn't slow down the ice-cream freezing process). Don't add your extra ingredients until the last minute, that way they wont all sink to the bottom and will be more evenly spread out. I bought the Ben and Jerry's book to go along with this, which is perfect for this machine as it has their 3 base cream mixtures which can be experimented with.
We have made all sorts including cookie dough and ice-cream with fudge pieces etc.
I was a little doubtful at the start when I looked at the paddle, it looks a little flimsy however it was obviously designed for the job and has done well so far, however it would be a bonus if a spare was included just in-case one day the worst happened but that is just my opinion. When the bowl is in the freezer, you are left with the paddle and detachable lid (for cleaning) and the motor, which may be easier to put away if it had a little stand with it but I'm just being picky. As ice-cream makers go it is perfect for the job and makes good sorbet too. And when I Google what a Gelato is I might one day give it a try too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 9 April 2014
O. Ogunbanjo (London, England) - See all my reviews
Just tried this machine. Put the freeze bowl in the freezer for over eight hours and followed the extremely flimsy instruction manual / recipe handout. Suffice to say it doesn't do what it says it will do. Buy at your peril!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ice cream in 30 minutes!, 20 Mar 2014
I didn't want to spend a fortune on a gadget I may not use after a while, but I've had it for months now and use it almost every weekend to make low fat ice cream and frozen yoghurts.
It makes enough for 4/5 treat sized pots. I love it!