4.0 out of 5 stars Great value.
For the £17 I paid this product is great. The bowl fits perfectly in my freezer. Going by the detailed measurements it shouldn't fit in two of my freezer drawers but it does, so I think they've added a cm to the height for safety.

Published 14 months ago by iKane

1.0 out of 5 stars Total rubbish
Published 11 months ago by Kaz B

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value., 2 April 2014
This review is from: Professional Ice Cream, sorbet, Italian Gelato and frozen yoghurt Maker Machine 1.5 Litre Homemade Delicious Gourmet Desserts (Kitchen & Home)

So far I've only tried using Greek yoghurt but it works wonderfully. I'm yet to see it automatically change direction of the paddles, but it's not really a problem. The frozen bowl stays cold for a long time so you have time to make it without rushing, but I wish the hole to add ingredients wasn't so tiny. If you're using a thick mixture it is a bit annoying having to teaspoon it in.

It would be nice if we could get spare bowls, because once you've made a flavour you have to wait for the bowl to thaw so you can clean it, and then you have to refreeze it to use it again. But I think that's just my greed getting the better of me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 27 Aug. 2013
I used this item as soon as I received it which was within about 3 days of ordering. I made vanilla ice cream as directed in booklet - it tasted fantastic. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars just brilliant, excellent ice cream, highly recommended, 9 Sept. 2013
Just freeze the bowl beforehand, quick and simple to use, good instructions, excellent ice cream, the children simply love it. Nice and compact machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ice cream in 30 minutes!, 20 Mar. 2014
I didn't want to spend a fortune on a gadget I may not use after a while, but I've had it for months now and use it almost every weekend to make low fat ice cream and frozen yoghurts.
It makes enough for 4/5 treat sized pots. I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked, 22 Oct. 2013
Taken to making my own ice cream and it's lovely. Easy to use and looks nice too and does what it says on tin

4.0 out of 5 stars ice cream maker, 4 Mar. 2014
All OK in general happy,this product does what says it makes good ice cream.its easy to use and clean thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad Machine good value for money, 30 Dec. 2014
Ok for the price do not expect to get instant ice cream like the supermarket, home made is far nicer but takes a little time, the ice cream this makes takes the majority of the time and effort out of making ice cream.
The bowl is best frozen overnight and its very important to chill the mix and after about 30 mins you have soft ice cream its too soft for my liking but after an hour or so in the freezer its perfect, I also purchased the ben and jerrys ice cream book as recommended by another reviewer and its great the base mix works really well with this machine then you can add in extra ingredients. After the ice cream is made we tend to pour the base mix once done in a separate bowl then we add the other ingredients, mix well and then freeze which works very well. Its only a basic ice cream machine and for the price it works fine, as we only eat ice cream occasionally its perfect for us.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total rubbish, 24 Jun. 2014
I can't see how others have given this machine good reviews, I have been making ice cream and sorbets in a machine for years, so decided this year to buy myself a second machine, it was in my freezer for 24 hours and I used a tried and tested (many, many times) fool proof recipe, at the 30 minute mark you could clearly see nothing had happened at 45 minutes, it came out as slightly chilled slop. in fact I believe it was warmer when it came out, than when it went in and runnier and the bowl was still cold but you could hear it was defrosted, total waste of money, AVOID at all costs

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Bother, 22 Aug. 2014
You are paying around £20 for it to churn your cream which IMO is a complete waste of time . I thought the ice cream maker did something amazing but it doesn't . All you do is put the holder in the freezer then take it out to put your mixture in to churn it and then stick it in the freezer - on a hot day it doesn't look like it's done anything - avoid IMO

5.0 out of 5 stars ICE CREAM MAKER, 2 Jan. 2014
HAVE BROUGHT MORE THAN ONE AS PRESENTS, THESE WERE A GREAT PRICE AND ARE GREAT FOR STARTING OUT TRYING TO MAKE YOUR OWN ICE CREAM/SORBET /FROZEN YOGURT, WITHOUT GOING TO GREAT EXPENSE,JUST PUT BASE IN FREEZER WAIT 8 HRS OR OVERNIGHT INSTANT ICE CREAM,PLUS YOU DON'T HAVE ENDLESS LEFT OVER BITS IN THE FREEZER MANY THANKS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›