5.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush at a great price
Published 13 months ago by Mr. Di Zendle

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as older model
This is not a bad brush, but I would stick with Braun Oral-B Professional Care 500 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush with Floss Action Brush Head.
Since I have the above (older) circular brushing movement brush, most of my review is based on comparing the new brush with the old one.
The speed of the new brush is a lot stronger and faster and that is an...
Published 12 months ago by Ajo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush at a great price, 24 Nov 2013
Mr. Di Zendle "Piping hot potato!" (Potato, Potato) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Braun Oral-B TriZone 600 Power Toothbrush Black Limited Edition (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Braun seems to be doing a range of different brushes under their TriZone brand, and I was fortunate enough to receive both one of these low-end 600s and an ultra-premium Braun Oral-B TriZone 5000 Six Mode Power Toothbrush with Wireless Smart Guide Black Limited Edition (At the time the 5000 was priced at an eye-watering £100). Which one have I ended up using? This one, actually: And if I'd bought the TriZone 5000 myself, I'd be kicking myself at having wasted such a huge amount of cash.

Now, the 600 is a much cheaper product than the 5000, and it consequently has fewer features; it's a good sight lighter in weight than the 5000, and lacks some of the abilities of the more expensive model too: It can't tell you what quadrant of your mouth you should be brushing, it has no digital display of brushing time, and it doesn't have six exciting brushing modes.

As fun as these things are (I love gadgets), when using the more expensive toothbrush I found their novelty quickly wearing off - and the extra weight and size of the 5000 was also unwelcome in the morning. After the first week I wasn't using any of the extra brushing modes, I wasn't digitally monitoring what quadrant I was cleaning, and the LCD display of brushing time was in a drawer somewhere. Furthermore, the heavy weight of the 5000 was irritating me, and I actually found myself switching over to the 600 as my regular toothbrush: It felt much lighter, and seemed to be more comfortable to hold.

Overall, the TriZone 600 is a great toothbrush: It brushes fast, with just the right amount of pressure to leave your teeth feeling really clean, but not scoured raw. I'd recommend it heavily over purchasing a more expensive model, no matter how appealing the gadgetry of that model might be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great toothbrush!, 5 Jan 2014
I bought this toothbrush as I tend to travel quite alot so the free travel case came in handy. As a toothbrush it ticks all the boxes: decent speed, long battery life (about 4-5 days or 8-10 brushes worth so far), good brush head design. The timer function is also good as I'm now much more structured with my brushing. It gives a distinct stutter every 30secs, so you get round your whole mouth, then at 3 intervals the last is a longer stutter which signifies the end of the recommended 2min brushing period. It is also easy to maintain. There is also a battery low indicator which gives ample warning to charge the brush.
If I had to change anything about this product, it would be the charger. This uses a shaver style plug which you may find in many hotel bathrooms in britain, but few and far between elsewhere. Personally I would have preferred a standard mains plug or even a USB plug so I didn't have to use an adapter. However this is a small inconvenience. The charge dock itself is robust, but has no postive engagement with the brush base so you have to charge it vertically on a level surface.
I would also advise anyone buying this that you have to charge the battery for a long period out of the box, similar to any phone you would buy (If I remember rightly I think it was 11hours). So don't expect to use it straight away out of the box.
However overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this brush, for the price it is a very good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and effective, 2 Dec 2013
maximus (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Compared to my previous Braun electric toothbrush, this is a good replacement because (a) it's lighter in weight and and gives a better grip (b) the more conventional looking brush head gives better coverage of the teeth and their contour, so it feels like a more thorough clean. The previous Braun I had, used their standard smaller round brush head which is bit small compared to non electric brushes and you need to move around the teeth very thoroughly to make sure you don't miss any areas. The bigger heads of the new Trizone give a fuller more thorough brushing for less effort.

4.0 out of 5 stars An entry level brush, but a solid performer., 13 Nov 2013
Curlynob (Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using an Oral-B electric brush for the best part of ten years now. Although the Tri-Zone cleaning head on this new Tri-Zone 600 brush is new to me, the actual brush technology seems pretty much the same from my old brush. There's one cleaning mode that lasts for two minutes, and every thirty seconds,the brush revs it's motor to tell you to move onto the next quarter of your mouth. The brush come supplied with a travel case, Tri-Zone cleaning head and a charging station. In addition to the new Tri-Zone heads, you can also use your conventional Oral-B heads with this brush. I liked the new heads - they're much larger and feel more like a traditional brush than the conventional Oral-B heads - but I didn't get that same "intensely clean" feeling. The normal heads I use are more compact and the bristles are firmer. It might just be a case of getting used to something new, but I think I might just switch back to my old heads, once the two supplied heads are used up.

This brush is pretty entry level for Oral-B but has many of the features that I paid more for when I bought my last Oral-B brush some four years ago - like the two minute timer function. The next brush up in the range promises things like a visual pressure indicator to warn you if you're brushing too hard and nearly twice as many (40,000 Vs 20,000) pulsations a minute, but this brush is just fine for my needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value electronic toothbrush, 23 Nov 2013
Mr. B. R. Good (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Firstly, I had to laugh when I saw the 'limited edition black'. I'm not sure if anyone would really care about the colour of their toothbrush! Anyway, this is a good product. It appears to be one of the best value electronic toothbrushes on the market. Comfortable to hold, fast charging and not much more expensive that a manual brush these days.

The charger did not have a UK plug, just a 2 pin bathroom one, but I had an adaptor. Some people complain about this but there is a reason for it. A toothbrush gets wet obviously, and they cannot advocate the use of a regular plug socket even though many people will need to use one.

Powerful head movement gives the feeling of a deep down clean that a regular toothbrush never seems to give!

Braun toothbrush products have let me down in the past, losing their charge ability after a couple of months. Somehow I suspect these issues have been ironed out and that will be fine!

Good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vigorous and Powerful, 3 Nov 2013
L. Hardt (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This electric toothbrush looks really cool in limited edition black - for oral-health conscious goths on Halloween.

The toothbrush comes with one free TriZone 600 head, which you use like a normal toothbrush. It certainly leaves your teeth feeling very clean, due to the power and vigour of the electric action. With a handy timer feature, lazy brushers can make sure they are brushing for the full dentist-recommended two minutes, and divide that time equally between the different areas of the mouth. It all works as it should, and charging it overnight leaves it with enough power for about a week's worth of brushing. This makes it quite a portable little product for a lovely little city break or (not so) dirty weekend, and the toothbrush comes with a handy little carry case for just such a purpose.

If there is anything that goes against the product, it is the price of the replacement heads - Amazon sell them for about £11 for 4, and other retailers sell them at up to £6 more... So it's slightly more expensive than a standard toothbrush. I haven't used the toothbrush long enough to know how long one of the heads lasts for. It's also worth considering that there are alternative heads that can be used and some of these are cheaper.

All in all, this is highly recommended. It's not packed with features, but it does come in a cool colour, and it leaves your fangs feeling shiny and clean.

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as older model, 12 Dec 2013
Ajo "ak" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The speed of the new brush is a lot stronger and faster and that is an improvement, however I do prefer the spinning brushing movement from the old brush (circular brushing) to the new up and down brushing. I find the circular more effective (old brush) and also it produces more foam with less toothpaste then the new brushing head.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value...., 16 Dec 2013
The design of the head is a little more unusual; the variable length of the bristles works well for reaching between your teeth or tricky places....
The charger is a nice small size...plus there is a travel case....
PES

4.0 out of 5 stars Two heads would be better than one..., 5 Dec 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wasn't sure at first about the black rubberised panel on this TriZone 600 toothbrush but in reality it looks good, a bit like black and white Victorian-style tiling, and adds a bit of originality to the design. The toothbrush itself isn't the latest or greatest Braun Oral-B design, it's a model that's been around for a while and is a solid performer even if it lacks the bells and whistles of the more expensive versions. I've tried sonic toothbrushes before but just can't get along with them, too much like a demented wasp in your mouth, and so keep switching back to these mechanical-style electric toothbrushes and with the newer TriZone brush-heads I think they're unbeatable at getting your teeth clean. These TriZone brush-heads have an up-and-down action which feels much more like manual brushing and so using them feels a bit more instinctive - especially for someone who's switching to an electric toothbrush for the first time - and they do a fantastic job of cleaning. The only problem with them is the splashy mess they make if you switch them on outside of your mouth - be warned!

My only complaint about the 600 Power Toothbrush is that I like to use the brush at its full speed, to get the best clean, but that's only really achieved if you use it fully-charged straight from the mains charger - it only takes one or two uses (with no recharge) to slow the brush down noticeably. It still does a perfectly good job of brushing and will last a good few days on a single charge but if you want absolute maximum power then you really need to keep it on the charger at all times so it's ready. The case that comes in this pack is really useful and holds your brush and two brush-heads (including the older Precision Clean round brushes) so you can keep everything hygienic between uses. The case itself washes easily and lasts surprisingly well. I suppose the biggest compliment you can pay a product is to buy another - so this is my second TriZone 600 Power toothbrush, we got the first one a year ago and it (and the case) are still going strong. It's not the sleekest or most feature-packed toothbrush, but it's a solid, dependable and, most importantly, an effective one - but I wish it came with two brush-heads and not just one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good toothbrush, 2 Nov 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've never used an electric toothbrush before, so have to confess to a little skepticism about the effectiveness of this product.

Having had a few brushes with it now, while not necessarily a total convert to them, I am reasonably happy that the brush given is a more consistently good than you can get with manual brushing. Not quite hygienist fresh, but better than I can get manually. That said, I've managed to go thirty odd years with a manual toothbrush and not ruin my teeth. So...

The price Amazon are selling this at is reasonable and I wouldn't object to paying it. The only major gripe is the cost of replacement heads is a little high (I tend to stock up on good manual brushes when there are deals in the shop).

Overall, though. It's fine.