TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 27 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using Oral-B - Professional Care - 600 Black Limited Edition electric toothbrush from Braun for approx. two weeks and found it functional, does the job, with no gimmicks. One power button, on/off, just one brushing mode and a simple timer that beeps every 30 seconds. Has a pressure sensor that alters the speed of the brush if you apply too much pressure, you should be able to hear the difference, there's nothing else to indicate it.

The brush head is round and the claim by Braun is; the round shape cups each tooth and the 3D oscillating/pulsating motion of the brush removes up to 100% more plaque than a manual toothbrush. Does it? My teeth and gum line feel very clean but I'm not a dentist and can't possibly see all of the plaque on, or around, my teeth. I'll have to take their word for the science but they do, rather generously, offer a 30 day challenge; satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. Quite an offer and appears to be genuine, no catches, you just pack the brush, plus all of the bits and bobs, inside the original box and return to Braun, address included, for a full refund.

The brush is rechargeable, comes complete with a charging station and has an indicator light, on the handle, to show full/low charge and recommended charging time, initially, is 24 hours.

Only has only one brush head but there's a free plastic travel case included with this model which is a handy bonus though, personally, I'd have preferred another brush head.

Braun offer a +1 year warranty which they increase to 3 years if you register the product online - read the small print. If you read through the user guide/instructions you'll notice they also offer a 2 year guarantee - I'm confused.

The 600 model is being advertised as Limited Edition only because the rubber grip on the handle is black. If you have a black and white bathroom and are desperate to co-ordinate then perhaps that's important but it's really only a gimmick to hook you in, make you take notice.

I'm more than half way through the 30 day challenge and can recommend by saying I won't be returning the brush.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
In terms of cool this is the Johnny Cash of the toothbrush world. Its a "man in black" all threatening, mean and moody. The question however is whether this good looking brush is just some Johnny come lately when it comes to the battle in your mouth. Those small, calcified, little whitish structures are a tough bunch. They have seen off those old Oral B's and Reaches in a matter of weeks. Can this new kid in town therefore tame the teeth gang? There is a short answer to this and it is largely yes. The Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 Power Toothbrush Black Limited Edition is a fine brush (although a plug adaptor to run it would have been handy). It whirls around with suitably intimidating viciousness and does its work with derring do spirit. It does seem to run out of puff rather quickly but as stated the old teeth are a battle hardened bunch and don't mess with those fillings. There are cheaper products on the markets that seem to do the same thing and many of these are from Braun. Thus while I can recommend this nice implement particularly for its sleek design and good looks its a toothbrush at the end of the day and you pays your money and takes your choice.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have used both the Braun 600 and the slightly more advanced Braun 1000. Prior to that, I had a very basic Braun model which I had used for many years - I thought it would be useful to do a comparative review, particularly given that the 600 and the 1000 are so close in price.

Having used the Braun 1000, this 600 seems to lack a bit of power and feels noticeably slower. I checked the descriptions and there is a difference, with the Braun 600 pulsating 20,000 per minute as opposed to the 40,000 per minute of the Braun 1000 - they both rotate at 8,800 per minute though and both have just one speed setting. When I first started using the Braun 1000, I found it to be very aggressive though I've become quite accustomed to this and don't notice it now. I also don't think it's at all limiting to have only one, high powered speed as opposed to the more expensive models offering different speed options - I think most people find a speed they like and use that speed all the time. The 600, with it's slower speed, perhaps gives a gentler clean but I did get used to the 1000 and don't really like the drop in the speed offered by the 600 - it feels inferior by comparison.

Both models have the light indicator for charging but only the 1000 has the extra light indicator that tells you when you're brushing too hard. I have questioned the reliability of the light as you can sometimes get away with pressing quite hard on the front teeth and the warning light won't come on, whereas it takes relatively light pressure on the back teeth for the light to come on. I guess it's something to do with the angle of the pressure. Despite my reservations, having used the 600, I admittedly do miss the light: at the very least, it's a useful reminder to be mindful of how you're brushing.

Both models have the useful 2 minute quad timer so you get a change in the vibration every 30 seconds to indicate it's time to brush the next quadrant of your mouth.

From an appearance point of view, I do prefer the black and white colour way of the 600 - all my previous Braun models have always been some variation of white and blue and the black looks better to me - but that's a personal preference. This particular model also comes with a free travel case which I didn't get with the 1000.

At the time of writing, the 600 is only £4 cheaper than the 1000 so for me it just doesn't make sense at all to go for the 600, which incidentally doesn't feel much of an improvement from my much older & cheaper Braun model that I used for many years... the prices on the Braun toothbrushes do vary considerably over time, so it's always useful to compare. If you have very sensitive teeth and want a slower speed for this reason, I would suggest the 600 - otherwise I feel that the 1000 is a much better purchase as it gives a superior clean and it's got the light indicator that tells you if you're brushing too hard. It's definitely the louder of the two but that's because it's oscillating much faster. My conclusion: go for the 1000 - the 600 is overpriced.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Oral B boast that it has an 'Improved motor delivers 8,800 rotations per minute
Improved Motor for Stronger Brushing Action'

8800 rotations per minute- wow.
It actually feels more powerful than the older but don't let that worry you a better adjective rather than 'powerful' would be more effective- because that certainly is what it delivers a much more effective clean.
It is quieter than the older version but I found it does stall if you press a slight amount too hard.
It is bound to sound noisy it is in your mouth close to your hearing and the sound of course will be transferred via the bones in you head so the sound does not matter one jot.
What does count is the cleaning effect and my it is good very good.

It is slimmer than the older Brauns and has better grip- better in that you can direct the action to your teeth and gums.
It has a good weight and does not feel flimsy like some cheaper brushes.
If I tell you I am a 6' 1" male it gives you an indication of its worth.
Younger children may find it harder to hold.
Most people will find it a reassuring weight and feel.
I will give some general tips later in this review.

It looks good in black. This will appeal to the Males and Goths out there.
What is a let down is the brush is the same as old Brauns- great for getting a reasonable replacement brush head.#
BUT the little ring bands that ID the brush heads should be black- the one I got was a custard yellow which spoiled the effect somewhat!

Now the whole shebang comes complete with a smart charging unit.
It charges well and holds the charge for two weeks so you could easily take it on your annual 2 week's holiday.
BUT of course you will need to invest in an adaptor plug (one of those you plug this 2 prong thing to convert it into a 3 pronged UK plug) which is not provided.

Shaver Adaptor (2pin To 3pin) 1amp
So if it's a gift for some one or even yourself and you do not have an adaptor you will need to get one.

Now I have a problem.
I have been spoiled by having the use of `Concorde of the electric Toothbrushes' the Phillips Sonicare'.
It is superior in that it gives equal attention to the gums.
It has a setting specifically for the gums which is esential for good oral care.

but the Philips Sonicare is expensive(see my review here)
Philips Sonicare HX6902/02 FlexCare Rechargeable Toothbrush

In Brief

The Pros

Black colour rubber grip.
Slim yet robust.
Improved spin rate
Carrying Case.
takes the cheaper Oral B Brushes
You can get copies cheaper.

The Niggles
Only One brush head? -others like Phillips give you two.
'Naff' ring indicator not in black.
You will need an adapter to recharge the thing.
No settings for the Gums
Or a Special setting for whitening.

(all these seem to have spoiled the ship for a happ'oth of tar as my mum used to say.

Now a few tips.
1. Only use a pea sized amount of toothpaste.
2. Let the brush do its work rather than try to use it like a manual toothbrush as you switch it on. (This one does tend to stall)
3. Just rinse your mouth slightly. (The fluoride in the paste will find its way to your teeth better via the body digesting it.)
4. If you use a baking soda type toothpaste (like the Arm and Hammer brands rinse your brush well because the soda can attack the plastic of the brush.

A down side of the brush is the cost. The heads are also very highly priced. (I was right there when I wrote that)
5) Get a cheapo copy of the brush heads. Read a few reviews and get the best one for the right price.

BUT and this is coming from a guy who try to save a few bob I can honestly say this electric tooth brush is worth every single penny.
If you think of just how much you would miss your teeth when they have gone then this
Don't you think this would be a decent investment in your health?

If you want to keep your teeth get an electric toothbrush!
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 December 2013
This is fantastic. Came with charger and case. This brush really cleans your teeth and having had Braun electric toothbrushes before, I'd recommend this product to everyone.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This Oral B model is an excellent 'entry level' electric toothbrush, which produces a powerful clean without breaking the bank.

The toothbrush comes well packaged with easy to understand setup instructions, as well as one replaceable brush head to get you started.

One factor to bear in mind - depending on your needs - is that this brush requires quite a long time (around 14 hours) to recharge its battery from empty to full. However, a red flashing light on the brush warns you that power is running low, and I was pleased to find that a full charge lasted me around two weeks, using the brush twice a day for the recommended two minutes each time. So, it's a just a question of getting into the discipline of charging the brush overnight when it's running low, and charging it in advance of any travelling to avoid carrying more cables and chargers.

The only weakness in an otherwise outstanding product is that the charging unit requires you to purchase an adaptor - it comes with a two-pronged 'shaver' plug for which not everyone will have a socket at home.

That small issue aside, I highly recommend this brush, particularly if you are new to electric toothbrushes. You will not be disappointed with the results.
on 12 January 2014
Very decent toothbrush. Visited the dentist couple of months ago for the first time for a clean and was advised to invest heavily in an electric toothbrush, heavy build up behind my teeth. The dentist recommended the Oral B Pro 3000 / 4000 / 5000. Opted for this one instead because of:

a) wanted to try and see if I like using an electric toothbrush
b) the price was very reasonable
c) the reviews for this product were decent

After using this for a couple of months, have to say that it really delivers. Battery life on a full charge will last a week, i can take this on holiday without the charger. Comes with a rather big but very useful travel case! Brush action is very good and as efficient as a pro 3000 i'd imagine. Delivery was as described, on time. Most importantly, went back to the dentist for a follow up, she thought i had invested in a 3000 as she'd recommended, and to her amazement, showed her this model! Results is as she'd expect from a 3000 & up model.

All in all, one of the best purchases on amazon!
on 25 November 2013
Have owned it for a couple of weeks now and is really good. My first electric toothbrush. They recommend that you brush each quarter of the mouth for 30 seconds and to help the toothbrush pulses to let you know the 30 seconds are up.

It did take a full 24+ hours to charge the first time I thought it was faulty at first.

Awesome price at only £12~. Heads seem a fair price and they are compatible with the whole range of brushes.

The brush looks good and feels solid and well built in the hand. What more is there to say. Came with a travel case with room for two brush heads I assume for a couple to share the main body but have their own attachments?
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've never used an electric toothbrush before so this is very much a novice's review, looking at how easy this toothbrush is to use for someone who has no idea how they work and nothing to compare it to.

First of all, the instructions (when you eventually find the English section) are clear and easy to follow. You are supplied with a base charging unit, the body of the toothbrush, one head and a carrying case. I nearly fell at the first hurdle when I tried to plug the charging unit in - it's a 2-pin plug so I had a wait a few days until I could buy a shaver/toothbrush adaptor (which are widely available from supermarkets etc for a couple of quid).

The instructions say that the green charge indicator light will flash during charging and, once it is fully charged, will shine continuously for 5 seconds and then turn off. It doesn't say how long a full charge should take. I left it charging overnight and in the morning the indicator light was still merrily flashing away (ie not fully charged). I decided it had used enough of my electricity and took it off charge. It's been working fine for 3 days (ie 6 uses) now so let's see how long the charge lasts.

The body/handle feels solid and easy to grip. Once I'd got used to the sensation of a whirring toothbrush head against my teeth and gums it feels pleasant and the device has a sensor which switches it off if you press too hard. The instructions say that your gums may bleed for the first few times you use an electric toothbrush, but so far mine have been fine.

After brushing (which seems to take longer than with a manual toothbrush but maybe I wasn't doing it right before), my teeth felt clean and smooth. I guess the real test will be next time I go to the dentist and she tells me how clean they really are (I usually get good feedback on my manual brushing), but for now I'm happy to carry on with my new toy. I'll be interested to read other reviews from experienced users on how this toothbrush compares with more expensive/high-tech models.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This Braun Oral-B Professional Care 600 is an effective entry level toothbrush - apart from the colour (instead of pale green trim) this "Black Limited Edition" has the added bonus of a travel case included. It is simple but works well - my understanding is that the Oral-B Professional Care Range feature radial brushes which also pulsate/oscillate rather than more the rectangular brushes in some models. The radial action of this toothbrush certainly gives you a feeling of just having been to the dentist for a clean and polish despite it being only a single speed model. The radial brush looks a bit smaller than the rectangular versions and might be better if you have a small mouth. The brush head should last about 3 months depending on use and it has a built in wear indicator. Replacement heads are normally sold in multipacks and are not particularly cheap but apart from Sonic heads I believe you can use other styles of Oral B heads.

This is a "no frills" toothbrush from a leading make and it comes with a single brush head and charger. The charger gives you about five days brushing from a single charge - the plug is a standard two prong shaver type plug, and, if you don't have a shaver socket you'll need to buy an adaptor - a two pin 13amp one. The charger and main unit are cleverly designed so there are no exposed metal contracts on either device and the main unit is comfortable to hold. There's a visual timer that flashes after the recommended two minutes of brushing but no pressure indicator so you have judge yourself how much pressure to exert, in practice, this isn't too difficult but I believe to next model up in the ranger sports a pressure light. Finally, there's a generous two year warranty from Oral-B.

I am a fan of electric toothbrushes as I believe they are much more effective at cleaning your teeth and I certainly cannot compete with their high speed brushing action using a manual brush. I also notice that I experience fewer gum problems when I've been using an electric toothbrush.

In summary, a good value and effective electric toothbrush. Recommended.