on 7 December 2013
I was allowed to purchase this once it was available on condition I waited until December to listen; which only seems appropriate. I am glad I have waited; so much better to hear this wonderful CD in the approach to Christmas. I have played it a few times so far and its getting better with each listen. Just two songs that are familiar to me but all the others are so well written and presented in a variety of fitting styles, all capitalising on the gentle vocal refrains of Mr Lowe.

A new classic for me and earnestly recommended.
on 21 January 2014
Great, Lovely refreshing music, can easily be played the rest of the year, not just at Christmas. Highly reccomend it.
on 28 October 2013
An excellent companion to 2011's awesome "The Old Magic". Although the majority of these tracks are either traditional or cover versions recorded in Lowe's wonderful laid back style, there are still two corking Lowe originals with "Christmas At The Airport" being outstanding. Buy it, it's probably the second best Christmas album around (Jim Reeves' "12 Songs Of Christmas" will never be beaten).
on 30 October 2013
If you like your Chrismas music unadorned with anything but the simple feeling and emotions the season inspires then this is the album for you. It brings in influences as diverse as Andy Williams and Johnny Cash and blends them with a wry humour and a sense of fun. It opens with the gospel of "Children Go Where I Send Thee" and runs through the full range of seasonal joy until it ends with a ska tinged version of the glam rock classic "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day". There are some originals penned by Nick, Ron Sexsmith and Ry Cooder but all the tracks are made to feel fresh. I initally felt guilty listening to this when it arrived in October but great music is timeless.
on 19 December 2014
I have quite a few Christmas albums of varying types, but this is currently my favourite. It is happy and quirky, beautifully played, and always puts me in a good mood when I've listened to it. I even find myself humming some of the tunes when it's not playing, which is quite something for a CD of non-traditional Christmas music.
There are guitars, harmonies, a theramin and an organ amongst other fab things, and the versions of Silent Night and I Wish It could Be Christmas Every Day are swinging and fun!
Have a listen and make your Christmas happier today!
on 16 December 2013
You can always rely on Nick Lowe to come up with his own knowing take on things - his choice of songs and arrangements is never predictable. So I'm enjoying his selection of seasonal songs - some new, some old, bit quirky and to the point without being cynical. Fans of his recent stuff will like this, I think, even if the cheese-ometer hits 11 on occasions. Will happily give this a spin as a foil to the dreaded "favourites" we get bombarded with at this time of year.
on 26 January 2015
As a fan of Nick Lowe I had to buy this ! A strange mix of tracks to be fair but all have that curious laid-back retro feel I like in his music. my only niggle is that the sound quality (on my download anyway) is not that great , as if it was recorded in a hurry(?) and on several occasions the sound of the organ is quite distorted - maybe that was deliberate though, who knows. Not a 5-star album (sadly) but if you like Nick Lowe and you want a change from The Pogues, Wizzard and Slade every year you could do worse than get this.
on 21 January 2014
Always like Nick Lowe's take on music & this album was no exception! Look forward to playing it next festive season!
on 21 December 2013
I love Nick Lowes song writing this seasonal effort includes examples of his talent as well as cover versions done in his laid back country rock style. Amongst the tracks that make this an enjoyable listen are 'Christmas at the Airport', 'Hooves on the Roof', 'Silent Night' and a country rock version of Wizzard's 'I Wish it could be Christmas Everyday'. This is a great listen irrespective of whether it is Christmas or not. Enjoy this album and have a great Christmas.
on 27 March 2014
Great CD, I bought it more out of curiousity but was really pleased with it. Was sorry to put it away in January.