5.0 out of 5 stars dvd
excellent film good value for money love it would recommend it too friends very happy with the film thank you
Published 4 months ago by Andrea

3.0 out of 5 stars Modern take on the classic horror movie
Not as gory as I was expecting, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It was refreshing to find a main character with an actual personality, and I liked the premise of the plot as well, updating the classic horror genre by using modern internet chatrooms. Also I have to say the ending really surprised me - I wasn't expecting that at all!
Worth a watch, but it's nothing...
Published 7 months ago by Lorna H

3.0 out of 5 stars Modern take on the classic horror movie, 4 Feb 2014
Lorna H (Northants/Canterbury) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Smiley [DVD] (DVD)
Worth a watch, but it's nothing special.

3.0 out of 5 stars YOU ENJOY THE STRANGE?,, 3 May 2013
The Movie Guy "Movies from A to Z" (United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I DID IT FOR THE LULZ.

Ashley (Caitlin Gerard) goes to college and rents a room off campus. She meets a crowd of other young people and is exposed to an "urban legend" about Smiley, a killing who appears and kills the person you are chatting with if you type in a sentence three times...and really want it.

Ashley also attends a class which discusses Occum's Razor among other things that tie into the overall theme.

The killer appears.

The film is less slasher and more of a psychological thriller. The problem I had was the action centered around Ashley who didn't do enough to excite me. The characters were not well developed. Had this film been done with different actors and a slightly better script it would have been killer, instead of just another me-too slasher.

Parental Guide: F-bomb, sex, and nudity

2.0 out of 5 stars terrible, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Smiley [DVD] (DVD)
Terrible acting bad storyline not scary in the slightest. One of the worst horror movies ive ever seen gunna sell it

5.0 out of 5 stars dvd, 10 May 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Smiley (DVD)
Dreadful acting & a dreadful script in a so called horror film,which is actually a horror film for people who dont like the genre.This is a really nasty rip off of "Candyman" mixed with "A Nightmare On Elm Street but with the internet thrown in to bring it into the 21st century.
The characters are shallow smart arse college students,the two leads Ashley & Proxy are particuarly annoying,it did make me jump a couple of times at the start but after that i could almost predict when the next one would come.
This not scary & does not work as a horror,it's only a 15 certificate,no chance.

Painful from start to the two predictable,cringe worthy,twists at the end.DONT WASTE YOUR TIME.

5.0 out of 5 stars exelent film with a great twist, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Smiley [DVD] (DVD)
this is definatly one of my fav horrors i would recomend it to anyone, if you have the chance BUY IT

i did it for the lulz

2.0 out of 5 stars After Nikki Limo at the start it gos RAPIDLY DOWNHILL, 16 April 2014
P. D. gray "ChaplinFan" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Smiley [DVD] (DVD)
Well, it looks nice and is directed to a decent standard but the script and plot is as dull as you can get. If you want to see some annoying, sobbing actress running about screaming, sniffing and crying for the duration then this is for you. On the other hand, if you want genuine scared, atmosphere, A PLOT and something you will want to watch again then avoid.

The main crime of this movie is to have the brilliant Nikki Limo in the first 5 minutes and then...well no spoilers but come on guys, why throw away your greatest asset.

2.0 out of 5 stars Really?!, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: Smiley [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I have given this 2 stars purely for the mask, however I really didn't enjoy this film. To be honest I should have known better but the reviews were a mixed bag, and in my need for horror I thought I would give it a go, boy did I wish I hadn't. This film tries to be Scream and a mixture of other teen horrors and all goes horribly wrong. I don't expect the acting in some horror films to be great but this was extremely bad, apart from the lead who wasn't too bad. Its actually pretty boring as well and NOT scary...so all in all if you want to watch a HORROR film do not watch this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite a good film., 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Smiley [DVD] (DVD)
I thought this was quite a good film. Not very scary though. Got boring in a few places but overall a good film. Id say give it a go. Great price and well packed,

4.0 out of 5 stars not to bad, so many twists and turns in this urban ..., 25 Aug 2014
This review is from: Smiley [DVD] (DVD)
Saw this on Tv and thought, not to bad, so many twists and turns in this urban legend movie, very watchable film

Smiley [Blu-ray]
Smiley [Blu-ray] by Michael J. Gallagher (Blu-ray - 2013)