on 4 December 2013
Enjoyed red when it first came out so when I had the chance to buy both the films together I jumped at the chance. I was not disappointed we sat and watched the films back to back and it was a very enjoyable evening I highly recommend this item.
on 20 December 2013
Entertaining and funny - a pride of well known actors in an entertaining film. Good story line, none of the actors (Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovitch) take themselves too seriously and there are several nods to the fact that they are past the first flush of youth - in fact it is nice to see actors over 40+ given good roles. Good films for a relaxing evening in.
on 7 April 2016
I first saw these two films on a long haul flight, they'd only just been released.

To be honest when I saw Bruce Willis was in the lead I wasn't going to bother - until I read who else was in the films. To mention a couple from the UK; you have Helen Mirren toting guns, kicking backsides, and generally being a good badass. Then you have Brian Cox. He's a Dundee chap orginally, yet here he is playing a Russian, and former lover to Helen Mirren's character.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea.

At times I was hard pressed not to laugh out loud on the planes. I don't think my fellow passengers would have been quite so amused.

I finally upgraded to owning a Blu-Ray player, and these two films were close to the top of my must buy list.

Sure, there's the usual corny scenes when things get shot at and/or blown up. But I believe this started life as a comic, so it's fitting if you keep the films in that context.

In summary: if you want Bruce Willis showing he can do comic timing, but still like his action side? Then this should fill that need.

Equally so for other actors/actresses in both films. Well worth the time to watch them if you need cheering up.
on 13 February 2016
Watched the first one and enjoyed it but not enough to want a copy. Saw the second; enjoyed that as well and realised how much I'd enjoyed the first. Spotted the box set of both thought why not get them on DVD; noticed the Blu-ray version was only a pound extra, what the hell bought the Blu-ray. If you've not seen either they are both mad cap comedy thrillers about espionage and counter espionage agents working for different agencies, CIA, MI6, and others all interacting and counter acting each other. Plenty of guns and shoot outs, fights and chases, and more subtle stuff, intrigue and substituted. Good actors with good sense of comic timing and one liners. Basically good fun entertainment.
on 4 April 2014
What can I say these two films are excellent in almost every way the directing is superb and the cast, well probably some of the best actors around. You can tell within the first few minutes how good these films are just by the comedy timing between the various actors.
The second movie 'RED 2' is almost as good as the first 'RED' which in this day and age is not an easy achievement, this Blu-ray is going straight into my permanent collection.
on 11 July 2014
Loved every minute of it. Helen Mirren can do more with one look or one line than most actors/ess will ever manage.
on 28 February 2014
I saw the 2ed movie first and then went looking for the first one and when i saw this having the two in one it was a no brainier to get and i enjoyed watching the two in order and be able to watch it when i want to as it is a very funny movie and full of fun and explosions i think most people would love it suitable for any one over 14 year old i think
on 22 January 2014
these 2 films would be a great addition to any collection, despite your choice of films, it is always nice to have a change at times, this said I recommend that everyone buy's this 2 film collection. Obviously this is my own opinion, but I really do think what I have said!

hope this helps, & Enjoy!! :)
on 8 March 2016
Brilliant . . . Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, Helen Mirren, Mary-Louise Parker, Morgan Freeman and Anthony Hopkins . . . now that's a line up. Wonderfully scripted with some brilliant one liners . . Malkovich seems to get most of them which makes a wonderful change from the usual bad guy actor.
on 16 December 2013
So much fun! I thoroughly enjoyed Red when it first came out at the cinema, and unlike so many films the second helping is every bit as good as the first. Two amazing films in one package.... What's not to like? Fabulous premises, excellent scripts and superb acting. Thoroughly recommended!