5.0 out of 5 stars Tense, imaginative read
A novel idea, some striking imagery and a rattling good read. Good characterisation and real tension in the airport and ranch scenes and beyond. Can't recommend this highly enough. Is there some sort of negative targetting of this book by jealous rivals? It's the only explanation of the sudden 1 star reviews I can see.
Published 12 months ago by Mr. D. J. Caisley

3.0 out of 5 stars An imaginative twist on apocalyptic fiction.
First Activation is an imaginative take on apocalyptic fiction and finally something quite original and Ive read alot of this genre; infact I cant get enough apocalyptic action be it in film or book.
Its fast paced and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Desperation and survival keeps these two quite different brothers alive as they fight for survival and try and...
Published 11 months ago by Gadget Girls Reviews

‹ Previous | 125 26 27 28 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars great build up but poor eanding, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: First Activation: A Post Apocalyptic Thriller (Kindle Edition)
was really good but the end was such a disappointment - as if the author had run out of ideas

3.0 out of 5 stars Needed more, 15 Oct 2013
I usually think books have too much in them that does not need to be in them - but with this one I think it needed more - good ideas though - although I am a bit puzzled by the end but maybe thats just me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 13 Oct 2013
This genre of book is not something I usually go for but it was recommended to me so I thought I'd give it a go. So glad I did as I could not put it down. It was easy to read and kept me entertained from start to finish. Can't wait for the next one in this series!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hell On Earth, 28 Sep 2013
Having read the good reviews and looking at the excellent rankings on Amazon, I purchased this book with high expectations and I am really pleased that I did.
The story starts off during an ordinary day in the lives of two brothers and turns into a complete nightmare with the world turned into hell on earth.
The story manages to stay believable, and the reader is drawn into the situation the survivors find themselves in, totally able to understand the thoughts and motives behind their every move.
The ending leaves everything open for a sequel, I hope it's already at least in the planning stage!
This is a fast paced, page turning thriller, and I have no hesitation recommending it to anyone who likes to read a book on the edge of their seat.

3.0 out of 5 stars First Activation PA thriller, 28 Sep 2013
Great start. Kept momentum up until near the end. However ending was frustrating! Needs another few chapters to clarify and complete - otherwise a "follow-up" novel required.

1.0 out of 5 stars An appalling book, Jack said., 4 Sep 2013
I've given this one star because there is no option to give it zero. It is very rare that I fail to finish a book, it has to be complete garbage for me to give up half way through. This is one such book. Ignore the positive reviews, they cannot be anything other than friends of the author. It's not so much the story, but the way the book is written. It reminds me of my school days when I was asked to write a short story in English, the result would be much like this. The characters are not described at all, they may as well all be the same person with different names. Every bit of dialogue is followed with "Jack said", "Bernie said", "Linda said", to the point where it becomes extremely irritating. It is so bad that I honestly believe that if I had the time and patience I could edit it myself and improve it. Go ahead and download if you don't believe me, but unless you have the patience of a saint you will not finish it.

1.0 out of 5 stars weak plot, 3 July 2014
Probably the worst book I have read. I guess SF fans might like it? It lacks any substantial l plot and the ending leaves one thinking the writer had run out of ideas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 8 Jan 2014
I did enjoy this read their were a four of typos so I marked the review down a star for that. I will look for the second book when it comes out and may purchase that book ad well.

If you enjoy the apocalyptic books and are a little tired of zombies being killed in a very gory manner then this book would be worth a read as their are no zombies.

3.0 out of 5 stars mildly diverting, 16 Nov 2013
concept interestigng but the delivery a bit lacklustre. characters seem a bit thin and the pictures dont really come of the page for me

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but a bit of an abrupt end, 15 Nov 2013
Started out well with plenty of interesting threads woven together but finished far to soon with far too much left unsaid or ignored. A decent 'short' story overall.

‹ Previous | 125 26 27 28 | Next ›